Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 313648 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #6885 on: September 19, 2015, 08:11:36 pm »

"I asked around a bit earlier, they say Kretos has fallen due to Garaz and Oggal. Duke Yonn... I'm not sure. I heard he might of been killed or captured, possibly betrayed." The historian was rather frank and didn't say anything else, looking at the other patrons of the inn for a bit before returning his gaze to Alec.

"Hmm... Think we should just ask people? Worked last time, and green hair can't be that common."

Edited to be less dunderheaded
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:19:16 pm by Xanmyral »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: September 19, 2015, 08:28:08 pm »

: "They what?!" Alec whipped his head towards Fezz in surprise, but just as shortly drew his gaze downward and sighed.
: "...Figures. I knew something like this would happen. I should have kept closer tabs..."
The bard shook his head.
: "Nevermind that, for now. We can try to ask, but we can't go too far with it. Asking too many people would just raise eyebrows." Alec glanced at the inn patrons briefly, "If we resort to that, we should ask someone who's seen a lot of passerby. Given that there's festivities going on and half the town's probably drunk... My bets are on asking around a pub or tavern."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: September 19, 2015, 10:09:03 pm »

Julius's brain had to restart. This was- he could see his dreams come crashing down around him all over again. There was no way- No, no wait, this wasn't over yet.

...wait what?

"I uh don't think that would be a good idea. She's already involved with the man... the man that Troy Lionheart had declared was to be my chief advisor." He said, as he helped Grifen up. He snapped his head back to the group of conspirators.

"Wait, my claim to the throne had been given the blessing of Troy Lionheart himself, in person. In a literal sense for that matter. Surely that has to count for something?"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:13:22 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: September 20, 2015, 03:39:00 am »

@Royale:

The General rubbed his moustache in thought.

"Therefore we have two possible claimants to the throne, one male of bastard line and one female of legitimate line. Both can wield the Crown Blade..."

"We should take in account the blessing of Troy. Only several people received it and the last one was Empress Helra. Clearly the boy needs to ascend the throne."

"What do we do about Grifen? They slip a word and we might have a whole Masallan family of claimants." The Spymaster grinned widely.

"Oh, that can be fixed in a flash." Other people looked at Spymaster with fear in their eyes, but when the blue-haired man tried to stand up, Carlinn's hand kept him seated.

"The husband of the miss will be Imperial Advisor, the Emperor's right hand. The girl herself might be Imperial Sister or whatever the tile Masalla was given few decades ago before she was made Duchess. The boy shall be our new Emperor. Three people in charge, with one on the throne, two behind the curtains. Yes, it's about time for some change. I would rather throw my lot in this Kretosian bastard than see Yurgen's conduct, the civil war and the Church slowly grind the authority of the Throne to dust. Do we agree on this?"

"Yes, mmm, yes, that could do."

"I agree."

"So be it!" In contrast, the Spymaster just shrugged with a smirk.

"Julius, Grifen, if I remember your names correctly - you are not to speak of the girl's lineage, nor mention anything you learned about Troy V to anyone, except maybe Grifen's husband. If anybody asks, Grifen is a child of some distant bastards that wouldn't allowed to rule even if they tried to. I hope that is understood." General, and others, awaited the response from the youths.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:42:27 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: September 20, 2015, 11:04:23 am »

Grifen tugged on Julius so that his head was close to her own and whispered.

: "Julius, maybe I'm wrong but what they're suggesting don't sound very different from what's already goin' on. I thought that Lionheart fella wanted some real change?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: September 21, 2015, 10:28:29 am »

Julius stood back up and spoke to the assembly again.

"Understood. And indeed, it is the time for change. My talk with Troy Lionheart made that quite clear. Let us ensure that it shall come to pass."

He turned back and mouthed to Grifen that he would explain later.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: September 21, 2015, 11:26:11 am »

Grifen nodded and backed off a little. She only hoped that Julius knew what he was doing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: September 21, 2015, 01:00:24 pm »

"Then all we have to do is to talk how to assault the Castle of Troy. Do you wish to challenge the Emperor in the streets of the capital? Do you charge the front gate? Or shall we sneak inside through underground passages?"

"Of course, I can help with the last one."

"If you take it to the streets of the capital, I can make sure that the other guard companies will receive wrong orders and therefore only the Castle's guard would oppose you."

"I could arrange for a wagon with supplies that could allow you to get through the Castle's gate and then you could attack the castle keep. There's also matter of reinforcements... we can't lend you a whole army; everyone would notice such a large unit."

"I have a bunch of loyal servants in my manor at Troi. They could help you both in melee and with magic."

"Mm, there's quite a few young eager men in my Academy full of ideas and potential. I could secretly arrange for them to come with you if you require powerful magical aid."

"Again, I can help here too - I'm in good standing with few captains of the troops in and around the capital, who could send a couple of seasoned soldiers and archers to assist you."

//Ding ding ding! Plot voting in OOC thread! Please read the instructions there carefully!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:41:39 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: September 22, 2015, 01:30:37 pm »

"My comrades and I shall storm the gates of the Castle. An honorable public challenge will reflect better in the eyes of the people, and be less likely to lead to innocents caught up in the clash.

He turned to the Magister

"I am grateful for all your offers of aid, but I feel that the assistance of the academy will prove the most helpful in this battle. My party of allies is somewhat understaffed when it comes to magical ability, not to discount the skills of those of us who use the mystic arts. If you can find anyone who'd be truly willing Magister, I'd be honored to have their help in the siege."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: September 22, 2015, 02:09:07 pm »

Magister Torriani bowed his head in agreement, while General Carlinn took a deep breath.

"Then it is settled. Tomorrow morning we storm the Castle of Troy. Commander Fyra, take the two back aboveground. Tell your group to eat well and have a decent sleep. Tomorrow morning, before dawn, one of my trusted men will come for you and lead you to a spot where the wagon will be waiting."
SigFlags!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: September 22, 2015, 02:20:32 pm »

"I'll do so. I thank you for your aid and trust. May we meet again."

It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: September 22, 2015, 02:26:11 pm »

As the others slowly stood up and prepared to leave themselves, Commander Fyra led Julius and Grifen through the corridors of the cellar, and then upstairs toward the door that opened into the alley.

"Good night. We will meet tomorrow."

And with that, she opened the door, letting them out; she closed the door and a sound of moving lock could be heard moments later.

//Loading cutscene, please do not post v:
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: September 22, 2015, 02:53:05 pm »

The members of reformist clique have dispersed, each ready to rejoin their servants and, under cover of the night, travel to City of Troy.

General Carlinn had the longest corridor to traverse, alas, when he was in the middle of the way...

"My good General." The Spymaster moved away from the wall, blocking Carlinn's way. "Can we talk?"

"I do not think there is anything we need to talk about, Parsley." Half-groan, half-hiss escaped from between the teeth of the Spymaster.

"...You know well how I despise my first name. Please, never utter it again." General's lips curved in a sly smirk.

"We need to talk."

"Speak then, if you have to."

"Oh, but I have only one question, my good General... Why did you not tell the boy about the problems that linger behind the curtains of the Throne, hmm?"

"..."

"Fifteen million coins of debt, with both Garaz and the Church demanding repayments already. How about wyverns dying en masse and their younglings unable to lay fertile eggs? How about the children being brought to Archbishop's arcane laboratories, children who then no one sees again? Oh, let's not forget the plague coming from Wastelands that is now ravaging the southern Mainland. Somehow, I haven't heard you mentioning any of these topics to Julius."

"The last thing he needs to burden himself is such... secondary mess. There is civil war going on, Spymaster, and he is about to perform something historians will be writing about. Once the dust settles, then we can bother him with these issues."

"Fine. Such secondary, petty issues are nothing compared to the glory of incoming fight. But there is one more thing, General. I think we both know what I'm talking about?"

"..."

"The foreign ships on the Sea of Solitude, General. He must learn about these. Are those invaders or explorers? The sailor we captured gave us nothing - except wild rambling in unknown language and an emblem with double-headed crow that no one ever saw before. What shall you do about that, good General, clearly-"

"Enough, Spymaster. These problems can easily be solved when we're done with toppling Yurgen. With someone as strong and bright as this Julius, with ghost of Troy behind him, we can do every-" The Spymaster let out a huff.

"Now I see how it is, General. You do not want what is the best for the Empire. All you want for the Empire to become glorious again. You want the old times of Helra, where she ordered everyone about and kept a close eye on everything, and everyone was happy, clothed, fed, and knew their place. The times when petty villains rose against the mighty Empire and were utterly crushed by the glorious Imperial Army. Wake up, General. These times won't be returning, the Empire is a bog now. And if you will continue to keep the future Emperor in the dark, then I promise you - I will invite him for a dinner, and after that dinner, he will be looking for a new General at his side. One that isn't a senile, wrinkled, gloryhound." General Carlinn was silent for a long while. Then, he simply turned his back and resumed walking through the corridor.

"Good night General!" The Spymaster half-shouted after the old warrior. "Get some sleep, tomorrow is a big day, after all." With hate burning in his eyes, the Spymaster turned around and dissappeared in the darkness.

//You may now return to your scheduled RPing~
SigFlags!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: September 22, 2015, 03:01:11 pm »

Alec sighed as he looked out the window.
: "Sun just keeps getting lower. I'm not sitting idly anymore."
: "Sorry, Duster. Going to have to do a search at my own pace. If I'm not back here by sundown, assume I've been indisposed somehow."
Alec walked briskly towards the door and slipped out into the streets, starting to head towards the nearest pub or tavern he could find.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: September 22, 2015, 03:06:21 pm »

@Juliusalecgrifen:

By pure coincidence and not by any divine meddling, Alec winded up in front of a tavern just in time to spot Julius and Grifen leaving from the alley behind the building.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 510