Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [outdated] New Notepad++ raw file highlighting mode!  (Read 19531 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Notepad++ raw file highlighting mode!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 03:34:06 pm »

Hello,

sorry if the developer is not here but I just downloaded and imported this new file and now each time I attempt to launch Notepad++, I am noticed of a "Access violation" (segfault?), and when I attempt to do a dump, I get an error 5.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 03:10:00 am »

If I can manage to adapt this for atom, would you mind Kazimuth? I don't see anywhere in the post where you state if that kind of thing is or is not allowed /w your work, here :)
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Adam Mantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 06:48:05 pm »

Now this is going to be useful!

EDIT:
but the link isn't working for me.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 06:02:14 pm »

If I can manage to adapt this for atom, would you mind Kazimuth? I don't see anywhere in the post where you state if that kind of thing is or is not allowed /w your work, here :)

do it son, he hasn't been active in months

common between all believers is the property of the faithful, just maintain proper credit as to who you're copypasting (like posting the adaptations in this thread, for instance) and nobody will bat an eye

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 11:59:48 pm »

...but the link isn't working for me.

Download is not working for me, either...  :'( I get a 404 error.

...he hasn't been active in months

common between all believers is the property of the faithful, just maintain proper credit as to who you're copypasting (like posting the adaptations in this thread, for instance) and nobody will bat an eye

If that's the case, could someone who still has a copy upload this somewhere? Perhaps DFFD?
Please?

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 03:57:21 pm »

I've uploaded the file to DFFD http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12053

I need to update it since there is a lot of new tokens, if you want to help me comment with tokens that are not working properly.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 07:40:37 pm »

I've uploaded the file to DFFD http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12053

Thank you!

I need to update it since there is a lot of new tokens, if you want to help me comment with tokens that are not working properly.

If you plan to update it, that'd be great!  8)

I would point out the All the raws changes from 42.06 to 43.01 thread, where Meph points out all the changes. Surprisingly, there aren't many raw changes between those.

However, Kazimuth's file dates Aug. 28, 2013. Since 0.34.11 dates "4 June 2012", this tool must be for 0.34.11. So there are probably lots of raw changes.

To obtain a complete list of changes, Taffer made a suggestion:
WinMerge (or a comparable utility) lets you select two folders and compare the files there. It shows every single change between two files in colour-coded fashion, and it's easy to use. It really doesn't take long to see all of the differences between releases.

I could not find lists of Raw Changes on the wiki. There is the Tokens Category, but I can't find a list of tokens new to 2014. (Someone really should create such a page. Perhaps I'll work on that...? I was planning to make myself a list, anyway.) So, the easiest way would probably be to extra the "Raw" folders from both Vanilla 0.34.11 and 0.43.02, then use WinMerge (or similar) to compare them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:44:30 pm by Thundercraft »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 09:00:58 pm »

file changes.txt usually documents most new tokens

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 09:17:11 pm »

Hmm, would be nice to have an updated version of this. I don't have time right now, but posting to keep an eye on this.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2016, 04:32:50 am »

Ok folks!

Now I feel motivated to do this. I will try to do my best, but I must say I'm quite fresh to the modding of DF so I still need to learn a lot, but finding and separating tokens won't be too hard for me.

Thank you for your suggestions Thundercraft and Putnam, this will help me a lot.

I can't promise when I will come with the updated version of this highlighting file since I have a last project that I need to hand in in my university class, but after next Sunday I'm free.

When I'm done with this I'm thinking of starting new thread on the forum and posting a link to it here. Do you guys think it's a good idea or should I just post this here? I'm thinking that having my own thread will help me to keep track of comments and suggestion you'll come up with and it'll make it more easily accessible.

I'm also thinking about making a picture guide showing how you can change colours used in highlighting so you can adapt them to your needs.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 12:27:36 pm »

Hi folks!

I forgot to post here earlier, but I have updated the highlighting mode to the newest DF version and it can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158324.0 Tell me what you think there.
Pages: 1 [2]