Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, how should this storyline end?

Stoner manages to avenge all he has suffered through, and lifts the title belt victoriously!
- 13 (76.5%)
Sackhead not only gets away with everything he's done, but now is also the Champion
- 4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Total Extreme Wrestling 2013: Come create a Wrestler! Updates Weekly!  (Read 62729 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Total Extreme Wrestling 2013: Come create a Wrestler!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 04:02:04 pm »

Ahh a lot like Pizza Tycoon

Where you can certainly do a lot of crazy things, and they do give you options to do crazy things, but mostly the audience will sort of normalize your actions. Except apparently no where close to as bad as Pizza Tycoon though.

Definatly more "sort of normalize". For instance, there ARE fanbases for say, barbed wire, broken glass type cagematches, and you can run your buisness like that. But such a thing would have extreme difficulty moving past the lower levels, and would be literally impossible to ever get a TV deal. (Imagine trying to convince USA Network to have a weekly show where people get hit by nail boards)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 11:19:33 pm »

Alright, here is my wrestler to get things going!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 12:07:06 am »

i would like a wrestler too call him "The sackhead" and make him a villan.
He wheres a sack over his head because he was horibly scared in a farming "accident" where he killed his grandfather to steal the farm 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 12:41:24 am »

I will, however, be making my character PURELY through randomly generated numbers.

I am guessing he stinks but ohh well. namely because of the terrible rep scores and a few of the "Doesn't matter if it is high, but CURSES if it is low!" stats.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:21:33 am by Neonivek »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 12:50:41 am »

Wrestlerize me please. MonkeyHead will have high (as in 70+) hardocre and flashy, high toughness and resilience, high personality, and high crazy and wierd. Remaining points can be distributed evenly please. Basically, the Ultimate Warrior but with more drugs and more being on fire.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:25:42 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 03:54:50 am »

Alright, count me in for WRASTLING!TM

Since I know jack squad about the game or just WRASTLING!TM in general I am gonna go with what I call code-word "fake it till you make it".

That is, I want the character to be designed as a guy that don't know wrestling, but know how to fake it (and is totally great at that, nobody suspects he know jack squat), so adjust stats as need be.

Since I do not know the game mechanics feel free to adjust and distribute remaining points as you see fit. Hell, even ignore some of the suggestions, as long as it helps support the code word. Can characters improve their skills during the game? If so it might be worth considering shaving of 10 points from the min/maxed skills to allow room to grow. If not the opposite might be true, that is, ad 10 points to max the skills if they won't grow.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:57:26 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 03:56:58 am »

I don't know what Announcing and Refereeing does

From what I gather the game also includes a few other positions that aren't related to wrestling which includes Announcing and Refereeing. They generally aren't important for a wrestler, hence why most do not have the skill.

The oddest thing I find about the series is if you read some character descriptions that they were "Ex-Wrestlers" very few of them have the stats to suggest they are washed up wrestlers.

Can characters improve their skills during the game?

Yes, but the way I understand it (it might have changed) how much those can improve and how quickly is an unknown variable.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 05:52:19 am »

Stoner.
Safety 0, everything else is up to you.
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 11:35:09 am »

Alright gonna be making and doing some spot tests of your characters for the first part of the LP. A word of warning, a lot of you guys really highballed those stats, so I may need to lower them quite a bit for our game. Otherwise you're wrestlers will look at themselves, realize how good they are, and ask for competitive wages, something a fledgling company really can't afford. And the LP will be no fun if your guys just immediatly jump ship to the SWF.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »

I am fine with dialling them back somewhat if they will improve over time, as long as the distribution is roughly the same. A promo loaded up with us-inspired rookies would be a good grass roots for something to develop into a horrible monster.
This is a blank sig.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 12:55:55 pm »

Well Im thinking of keeping it as it is an letting it go where it may. We're going to start in the Tri-State, since the vote was a tie and I'm VERY familliar with the Tri State scene in this game. That said, what should our Promotion be named? I'm going to call it Bay 12 Wrestling for now, but we can always retcon that later into a much better name.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 02:39:06 pm »

And with that, we have started.

In late 2012, down on his luck buisnessman Kenneth Eastman was on the verge of Bankruptcy. His department store in Manhattan had been hemoraging money for years, and he was so far in debt that even if he found an investor to take it off his hands, he would only be left with a paltry sum after paying the banks off. However, by this point it was far too late, and he took a frankly insulting sum, in addition to his debts and back taxes being payed by the investor. Left with only $100,000 in cash to his name, he looked to a promising industry. Wrestling. The death of the Territory system caused by the unstoppable growth of companies like the SWF meant that most midsized Promotions either died, or had to quickly adapt. However, the death of these companies also opened up a vaccume that many tiny promotions were able to fill. Too small to be noticed by the big competitors, these promotions were marked by fast investements, fast profits, and often, even faster ruin. But screw it, Kenneth had lost everything by playing it safe, perhaps taking a big risk was his last chance.

And so the Bay 12 Wrestling Company was founded. Named such after the loading bay that his goods had come in at the warehouse he used for his old buisness, he would assemble the best amature wrestlers, entertain folks, and most importantly, regain his fortune.

And that's enough "real" storyline for this LP entry folks, let's get right to the meat of it. We start in January 2013 with a new promotion, $50,000 in cash (Kenneth spent the other half in just setting this up), and zero reputation. The good news is, despite you guys having decent stats, the fact that none of you have ever been in a show before as far as the game is concerned, means I got you for the same price I can get complete idiots from. The negotiations themselves were actually wrapped up fairly quickly, with everyone having signed the contract by Thursday. The Negotiations and stats for each of you is as follows.

That said, I haven't written a bio for any of you yet, so if there's anything you want in it, please tell me. And remember this is your wrestler's bio, not his fictional character's bio. In addition, we don't know your stats completely, as first off, scouting is enabled, meaning we don't have a clear picture of you yet. I'm not going to cheat and look in the editor either, because the game scrambles your stats a little bit from the created character, so that each time you play you can't always know exactly how it will play out.

Please note that these are the bare minimums your character's would accept. We're too small to try to use perks to sweeten the deal, so negotiation boils down to just how much money they want. Because of that there's really no point in discussing negotiations yet. Its simply "You want $X Dollars?" "No I want $Y Dollars."

Spoiler: Hostergaard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EuchreJack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noenivek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MonkeyHead (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sackhead (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kicior (click to show/hide)

Now many of you may be wondering what "Young Lion" means. To be honest I wasn't sure either, so here's a quote from the game's official forums. Most other posters agreed with this poster, so I'm fairly certain it's accurate. Would love some actual documentation but, the game is a one man project, and we all know how those are with documentation. Best we have are the FAQs.
The young lion system can be activated in any region you like in the game setting in the editor but it is based off the system used in Real Life Japan for young wrestlers. It is currently set only to be active in the Japan region with the C-Verse data and I'm pretty sure most real world mods only have it set there as well.

As for what it is in Japan the fans expect the veterans to be able to win over any of the younger wrestlers as the "Young Lions" have not payed their dues in the business. The fans refuse to believe that some fresh from training or development youngster can actually beat an established star.

How this works in game I believe (some one will of course correct me if I'm wrong) is that workers under a certain age (it's either 25 or 30) who also have a low reputation (under D+) are considered young lions.

As to what settings allow for young lions I can't remember with 100% accuracy off hand but I'd assume high levels of Traditional, Pure and Realism. Take a look at the products for any of the C-Verse Japanese feds to get an idea of what the setting should be.

Last, but certainly not least, these two companies will be what we have to compete with in the Tri State Area.

Tomorrow I will fill out the rest of the roster with random losers rejected from better Promotions, get our announcing and referre teams ready, and hopefully hold our first show. That said, our new poll is who should hold the title belt after our Premiere show? This is the first time I won't be putting my input in as a vote, so for balance sake, don't vote for yourselves.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:00:36 pm by Silent_Thunder »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 05:51:56 pm »

Look for other small promotions with which to form an alliance.  Then you can just borrow their talent instead of paying downsides for people you won't use often (aka not us).

Bio:
He's a lot like Spider-Man: In the ring, he's flying around, hitting his foes both physically and with puns.  Outside the ring, his average entertainment skills means he should be limited to interviews and challenges and avoid showing his personal life.  At least until he gets a manager and a fair number of angles under his belt.  Strong in-ring skills plus weak physical skills essentially make him a glass cannon: He'll certainly impress the crowd, but don't be surprised if he spends a lot of time recovering from injury and exhaustion.
End Bio

Although my ego wants me to be the best wrestler in our promotion, the last line of my bio makes me realize my guy isn't reliable enough to keep the #1 spot.  He's ideally #2 material: He generally wins, but sometimes loses to the #1 player.

Frankly, I can't vote on our champion until I see our popularities in the Tri-State area.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 08:10:49 pm »

Son of a bitch I can't beleve I forgot to set the popularities. Ok here's what I did. Ran the RNG all of your guys on a scale of 1-25.

Brendan Hoster: 16
Euchre Jack (Also would you mind if I revered his name to Jack Euchre? That flows way better to me since it could be a real name): 18
Haniko "Neonivek" Kawamura: 6
Matt "MonkeyHead" Sterling: 3
Nelson Roberts as Sackhead: 12
Peaches Martin: 10
Sam "Stoner" O'Mally: 23

Now keep in mind these may change fairly quickly after the fans get a chance to see you all.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »

Jack Euchre is fine.

Looks like I got my wish, as my popularity is second-highest, yay!

If you wish to honor the poll without making things hard, I'd suggest increasing the poll winner's popularity to be the highest (so basically, anybody that wins get 24 popularity).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14