Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, how should this storyline end?

Stoner manages to avenge all he has suffered through, and lifts the title belt victoriously!
- 13 (76.5%)
Sackhead not only gets away with everything he's done, but now is also the Champion
- 4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Total Extreme Wrestling 2013: Come create a Wrestler! Updates Weekly!  (Read 63297 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total Extreme Wrestling 2013: Come create a Wrestler!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 09:07:36 pm »

Jack Euchre is fine.

Looks like I got my wish, as my popularity is second-highest, yay!

If you wish to honor the poll without making things hard, I'd suggest increasing the poll winner's popularity to be the highest (so basically, anybody that wins get 24 popularity).

I don't know... this early it doesn't seem to make too much a difference... and besides the person who goes from a relative unknown to being super popular is also fun.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:28:00 pm by Neonivek »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 09:31:57 am »

I guess it's too late to submit a wrestler wrassler?

Just saying, Obed "The Benthic Behemoth" Marsh would make a great heavyweight heel!

Also, I feel like you missed a golden opportunity with the acronym, B12 is sensible but BTW has that pro wrasslin' feel to it.
Shoes...

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 12:39:11 pm »

I guess it's too late to submit a wrestler wrassler?

Just saying, Obed "The Benthic Behemoth" Marsh would make a great heavyweight heel!

Also, I feel like you missed a golden opportunity with the acronym, B12 is sensible but BTW has that pro wrasslin' feel to it.

Well if this LP goes on long enough we'll eventually set up a wrestling school to train up and coming talent. If that happens I'll ask for new submissions.
That said, whenever this LP is officially over, I am planning on Auto-Simming 10 years into the future and doing a "Where are they Now" Finale. Next update will probably be on the weekend, and it'll be a long one. May get one out during the week, but that all depends.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:14:59 pm by Silent_Thunder »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 12:27:39 am »

You can always import wrestlers.  Once we increase in size, it would be a good time to reopen submissions.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 11:52:29 am »

Matt "MonkeyHead" Stirling was looking at the flyer pinned to the noticeboard at they gym. "Fit, tough and confident guys wanted for new Pro-Wrestling Promo" it read. Well, that was him both coming and going.

Matt was a down on his luck student. Well, ex-student - an Astronomy graduate who had his PhD funding pulled on him at the last moment, now wondering what the hell to do. Nobody in this past of the world was interested in an astronomer, for fucks sake. 10 years of playing rugby had made him into a hard hitting and hard drinking stereotype - hurt them on the pitch, buy them a beer off it. Lobbing guys around in the ring was no different to spear tackling an opponent into the turf really, was it?

He dialled the number from the poster into his cellphone. What price a shot at international fame and glory? Or was a future of a broken body and painkiller abuse more probable? Well, there was only one way to find out.
This is a blank sig.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 04:54:31 pm »

I would like to hear in an update your general opinion of our wrestlers.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »

First off, a bit of pre-explaining. Without mods that add more promotions to the bottom rungs (Be it the XL mod, the Real World Mod, etc), the indie circuit is abstracted as a monthly "Indy Show" that each region holds. That is how many of these people manage to be in the circuit for such a long time without actually ever being part of a "real" company. With the mod the "Indy Show" becomes less of a place for the not-quite-good-enough wrestlers, and more of a place for the dregs of the dregs to compete, due to the fact that there is an actual Indy circuit hiring these people. We now resume our irregularly scheduled LP.

Alright then, we're back! Now first off, someone earlier mentioned BTW would be a better name for us than B12. I do agree, however BTW is already taken up by another company, with that in mind, I have renamed us to Bay Twelve Wrestling Federation, or BTWF. I do need to find a logo to use, but if someone wants to whip one up, it needs to be 150x150. That in mind, it is time to get ourselves setup isn't it. I checked the roster and asked for the "Ideal Roster" and for our size it was this:
Spoiler: Ideal Roster Size (click to show/hide)
Now it says we have 0 active wrestlers. This is simply because nobody has been assigned a Push yet, which is sorta like your position on the depth chart. After all, you can't decide who's meant to do what if you don't have the whole team assembled right? With that in mind, here are my 6 candidates for expansion:

Spoiler: Melvin Otto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irwin Guntmann (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buzz Reid (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leopard King (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Olivia Diamond (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Nikki Power (click to show/hide)

Next we needed a referee and an Announcer. I went for the cheapest washups I could find, because at our level its not quite that big a deal.

Spoiler: Referee Moore Austin (click to show/hide)

With everyone getting contract offers, again we have to take a few days off to let them decide to sign the paperwork. By the time we have everyone secured, it is Sunday of Week 1, January 2013 (For some reason this game goes on a Monday-Sunday week schedule.)

Now with everyone hired, I asked the Creative Team what their reccomended push for everyone is.

Spoiler: The Pushes (click to show/hide)

The good news is all of you are either Main Event, or Upper Midcard, and there's really a fine line between the two. Also Buzz Reid is going to spend a long time Jobbing I'm afraid. All that leaves is asigning Gimmicks, which is your character. However, I think we should reveal that when the show happens, if only because it's easier to describe how your wrestler portrays their character AFTER we find out if they pulled it off.

The inagural show itself will be shown tomorrow. That's when we find out if we made the right decisions leading up to this moment. The poll at the top will stay for now, as awarding the title belt on the first show is apparently an AWFUL idea. However there will be a event belt given out to the winner at the end of the show, which will be a yearly tournament award. That all said and done TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR ACTION!

The Q&A Section:
I have decided to seperate Q&A from the LP itself into it's own Section.

I would like to hear in an update your general opinion of our wrestlers.

First off, your wrestler is sorta frustrating me, because I can't give him the Gimmick I wanted. Because his wrestling style is from the Japanese school of Wrestling, I wanted to portray him as fearsome simply because of his athleticism. However, for whatever reason, when I chose that gimmick the game warned me he'd probably screw it up. I can't tell you what I settled on, but suffice to say my only real choices were boring, stupid, or pandering, and I went with pandering.

Stoner on the other hand was REALLY easy to assign a gimmick to, and I'm not even gonna try hold it off untill the show. He's a stoner. That's his gimmick. That said he greatly worries me. That 0 Safety rating means he's VERY liable to hurt another wrestler, which not only is bad because we lose a man, but can start a morale spiral as people get in fights over who's fault it was.

Those are the only two I really have strong feelings about at this point, as the others were mostly balanced as far as stats, so I'll have to know how they do in the Ring before I really form my opinion of them.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:03:09 pm by Silent_Thunder »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 08:13:59 pm »

I guess my Wrestler could gain skill to succeed. I bet it is his stamina that bit him in the butt.

By the way what kind of league is our league?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 12:01:51 am »

I guess my Wrestler could gain skill to succeed. I bet it is his stamina that bit him in the butt.

By the way what kind of league is our league?

I'm gonna try to do 80s/90s Style Pro Wrestling. Think WWF during the Hulk Hogan days. lots of over the top characters and glamour. However, we can change our product rather freely if things don't quite work, as changing product loses us fans and popularity, which we don't really have much of in the first place.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 03:18:32 am »

Ah, the golden age of pro wrestling. I approve.

*please let me get the "Doink the Clown" gimmick...
This is a blank sig.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2013, 12:25:10 am »

Are you ready? It is time for the Main Event! Or rather scheduling the Main Event. First things first, we are going to run a biweekly schedule, which means that we will need two seperate shows, as the game only does not have an option between Weekly and Monthly. That said, I went with the "Suggest a Name" feature, so if anyone has any better ideas for names, please speak up.

Anyway, this is the basic setup of our first show.
Spoiler: Setup Screen (click to show/hide)
First off we have to name it and give it a size. Since we just started, I went with the smallest choice. Brand isn't an issue for us yet, since we only run one show. This would be if say, WWE was running a show under the name of an older company it bought out. Next, I have decided that a local band is well worth the cost, since $250 is less than some of the wrestlers are making. Besides a local band means cover songs, which means the LP will make more sense when you guys march out to copyrighted music. :D We could choose to have celebrities show up to hype the crowd, but this is something you want to use sparingly, like at a end of year event.  Lastly it asks if this show can ever be on PPV. Yes or No the option makes no difference, as we are far, far away from even thinking about PPVs.

Spoiler: Our Schedule (click to show/hide)

Now, an hour and a half may actually be cutting it a bit long, seeing how with 13 wrestlers, we can only realistically have 6 matches a show. However, this is our first gig, so might as well go overboard, then scale it back, after all, we can always modify it later if need be.

Finally the night is here, and we do our final preperations for the big show.
Spoiler: Backstage (click to show/hide)

As you notice, our backstage rating is rather low. This means you guys basically are all assholes who don't get along. I'll have to look into bribing you guys with things backstage, however if we can't turn morale around, I might have to replace Irwin and Leopard, as they seem to be the source of the problem.

Spoiler: Our Glorious Arena (click to show/hide)

Anyway, the game automatically chooses a venue for us based on what the AI thinks is best, however the player is free to override it if they don't trust the AI's judgement. However, because of our size, the AI just gives us the cheapest, smallest place possible, which is exactly what we want.

Finally it's time to book the actual matches. I'll walk you through the first one, but after that we'll observe them as they play out. Otherwise this LP would get rather dull fast. Now, I personally like to plan the Main Event first, and work my way backwards.

Spoiler:  The Main Event (click to show/hide)
Now first thing is we select who will be wrestling, in this case Sam "Stoner" and Nelson Roberts, with Nikki Power as our Road Agent. Now you may ask what's a Road Agent, well, thankfully the game actually has a tooltip for this!
Spoiler: Road Agent (click to show/hide)
So in other words, the Road Agent is the choreographer, in charge of helping the wrestler's design their match. We give them some basic guidelines, and they help make the best match they can. In this case, I want the show to be a slow buildup, which should make the crowd really get involved with the match. I also want it to seem like there was more to it, and that they missed out on something great. By missed out of course I mean, Roberts is going to end the match early by putting Stoner through a table, and Stoner will need to be taken out by paramedics to treat his "injury".

After that, we chose the other matches, and the angles that happen between them. Here's the overview of it if you want a sneak peek, but I'll be telling the story, as it were, during the actual show.

Spoiler: Sneak Peek (click to show/hide)

One thing I want to mention is the time. With everyone save Nikki wrestling tonight, and angles to go along with it, we still barely made it to 90 minutes. We have 22 minutes of leeway in either direction before people complain (This varies dependign on show size) but still its not a very comfortable thing. We will be dropping to an hour show from now on. Another thing to mention is, IIRC, if we had a TV deal, we would have to fit exactly to the time limit.

Anyway, RP mode activated.

Note, the themes for each wrestler won't be updated at the same time as the LP, I will go back and add them when I find appropriate songs. If you'd like to reccomend one, please PM me.

The Big Opening Show

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the Bay Twelve Wrestling Federation. Tonight we have lots of excitement for you and we hope you all enjoy it. So, without further ado, let's get this started. And first up, we have, hailing from London, England.. Peaches Martin!

Spoiler: Peaches' Theme (click to show/hide)

[Takes the Microphone in the ring] Leopard King is weak. I will destroy him. Every day I see him, and he cowers. But he cannot hide any longer. I shall crush him like the insect he is. Come down and face me, unless you are too afraid.

Well, I'd sure hate to be in his shoes. Speaking of which, where is.. wait, I'm being told Leopard King has entered the Arena. So, hailing from Parts Unknown, LEEEOOOPPPAAAARRRDDD KIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG.

Spoiler: Leopard's Theme (click to show/hide)

You think you can defeat me? I've been at this far longer than you have lady. Every day I train, and everyday I look forward to destroying upstarts like you.

Spoiler:  First Angle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I give in! I give in! Stop stop!

Oh god! She's Brutalizing him! Oh the humanity! Won't Somebody help him!

I'm not done with you yet little man!

Spoiler: Peaches Beatdown (click to show/hide)

Well, that was something wasn't it folks. Anyway, next up, we have Buzz Reid!

Spoiler:  Buzz's Theme (click to show/hide)

Order! Order in the Ring! I've been made, aware, that there is a fugitive here. He may be from another land, or another time. I don't care. He's mine now, and I will bring him to justice.

Spoiler:  Otto's Theme (click to show/hide)

[Trips on his way down from the entrance] I... uhh... *mutters* Line?, right, right. *Speaks back up* Uhh, I will not yield to you. You have no authority over me! I am blessed with the.. the.. power of...fuck fuck fuck. uhh... I WILL DESTROY YOU.

Uhh.. with that in mind, let's start this match!

[Buzz Reid carts Otto out of the Gym in handcuffs, muttering to him under his breath]
Just stay quiet, I swear if you fuck this up anymore I'll actually hurt you

Right, so, next up we have the fabulous, the incredible, the athletic, BRENDAN HOSTER!

Spoiler: Hoster's Theme (click to show/hide)

Aha. yes. You know, wrestling, its not different from other sports. You got to have spirit. And you have to have drive. I train each day on and off the field, not only for wrestling, but for football. And just like the gridiron, in the ring, there are rules. Rules I intend to follow.

And that's great to hear. Speaking of hear, do you hear that?

[does a running flip into the ring] Woohoo! Yeah! YeahYeahYeah [bounces around as he talks, clearly excited] Alright man, let's do this! you ready? I'm ready!

Spoiler: the Match (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Filler for Time (click to show/hide)

Good match man, good match.

Well, isn't it great to see athletes who have real respect for the sport, and each other. A fair change of pace I must say.

Spoiler: Haniko Theme (click to show/hide)

Well, what's this. I haven't been informed of any matches yet. Wh-Who are you?

That is none of your concern. My.. associates have informed me that you all ahve set up an athletic competition of sorts. I want in.

But, we don't have you on the schedule, there's nobody to-

Denying me would be... most unwise.

Spoiler: Jack Euchre Theme (click to show/hide)

Jack, what are you... you aren't scheduled...

Don't worry, I have this handled. Nobody threatens my promotion. My fans. My coworkers, and gets away with it.

Spoiler:  The Match Itself (click to show/hide)

I expect... better next time. Do not dissapoint me. [Exits silently out the back]

Well that was, terrifying. But, not to worry, we have much safer entertainment for you folks. Because Irwin, the Straight Edge, will be taking on Olivia Diamond next!

Spoiler: Iwrin Theme (click to show/hide)

You know, living my life is hard. I keep myself clean you know. No drinking, no drugs, no partying. And-

Spoiler: Oliva Theme (click to show/hide)

Oh shut up you old hasbeen. People need to loosen up man. Just go with the flow. Life is like an ocean ya know.

(Again, more gimmicks that they came with. I honestly have no clue what to say, so fuck it, skipping right to the match.

Spoiler: The Match (click to show/hide)

And wow, what an exciting match that was. But folks. Are you ready for the Main Event. Make sure you are all sitting down, because this is edge of your seat action right here folks. In this corner, we have...

Spoiler: Sackman Theme (click to show/hide)

The Sackmaaaaan.

And in this corner, we have, Sam O'Mally

Spoiler: Sam's Theme (click to show/hide)

Woah man. Woah. Whats with him. He looks intense man. Like he seriously needs to take a hit or something.

Sam, you seriously cannot be promoting the use of illegal narcotics?

Hey man, it grows natural. It's natures gift to..

[Shoves the announcer out of the way and starts the match early, cutting Sam off]

Spoiler: Wrestle Time (click to show/hide)

Wow, now this is what you call a match. Sam seems to have the advantage, no wait, now Sackman does. What's he, he's thrown Sam out of the ring. Can Sam get up in time?

Spoiler: No, he cannot (click to show/hide)

Son of a bitch! I mean, shit, I mean, oh my god!

[Climbs back into the ring] That is the fate of all who dare to challenge me. You are weak. Pitiful. The drugs ruin your body and your mind. Yet you dare to think you can defeat me. I spit on you O'Mally

Spoiler: Nelson Mocks Stoner (click to show/hide)

Well, my table is ruined, and so is one of our competitors. However, that final bell means it's time to back it in folks. I hope you all enjoyed this night, and we'll see you again next week!

Spoiler: The Summary (click to show/hide)

So, we actually managed to get an E-, which is pretty damn good for a promotion made up of misfits that's never wrestled before. As long as our shows do better than our popularity, we're good. That said there were several mistteps that I will be correcting, including getting a proper Road Agent, and firing our Referee.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:01:57 pm by Silent_Thunder »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2013, 12:45:28 am »

Will we get better?

Also how much money did we make/lose?

I will say that starting from the bottom in 2005 is weird because federations OUTRIGHT have better wrestlers then they can afford. They are lucky if they get 1000 dollars from a match and yet some of them cost a thousand a match.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:29:19 am by Neonivek »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2013, 01:44:46 am »

I will say that starting from the bottom in 2005 is weird because federations OUTRIGHT have better wrestlers then they can afford. They are lucky if they get 1000 dollars from a match and yet some of them cost a thousand a match.

We lost around $4k that show, but that's because our popularity meant nobody showed up. Between shortening the show to 60 min (Which means less salary costs) and gaining fans (Especially since we release our shows to the internet for free right now, instead of trying to sell DVDs) We should make a profit before bankruptcy happens. We might go into debt for a bit, but we should pull out ok.

2005 In universe was actually the time when a huge amount of the feds folded IIRC. (Although an equally huge number took their place. Its a rough buisness) That said, you usually only want one pair of main eventers per match. Its just our roster is so small that the lines between Main Event, and Midcard is so damn thin.

Which Fed are you running? I might pop in an check to see their situation.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:47:37 am by Silent_Thunder »

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2013, 02:46:16 am »

You won this round monkeyhead, but just you wait, I will train hard every day and perfect my wrestling so I can defeat you next we meet!

Anyway, seems like I haven't got the best stamina, so I should probably avoid longer matches for now. Keep the updates coming, I am liking it so far!

Oh, and some wrestlers seems to not have a theme song, is that intentional?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:47:53 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:35 am »

Wrestlers seems to not have a theme song, is that intentional?

Yeah, I never got around to finding appropriate tracks, and I didn't want to hold off the update for however long it would take me to decide on them, but when I do, I'll retroactivly edit these posts to add them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14