Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So, how should this storyline end?

Stoner manages to avenge all he has suffered through, and lifts the title belt victoriously!
- 13 (76.5%)
Sackhead not only gets away with everything he's done, but now is also the Champion
- 4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Total Extreme Wrestling 2013: Come create a Wrestler! Updates Weekly!  (Read 63375 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total Extreme Wrestling 2013: Come create a Wrestler!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 04:14:04 am »

Heh, I really like how you RP'd/narrated the match. This seems like a pretty perfect game for an LP, really. 
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2013, 04:30:35 am »

Heh, I really like how you RP'd/narrated the match. This seems like a pretty perfect game for an LP, really.

Thanks. probably not gonna do that for EVERY event, as well... we will do quite a lot of them. But any major event (Such as the End of Year event) will be RP'd, as well as any exceptionally important matches.

EDIT: Noticed some errors in the last update that slipped though. A picture or two out of place, and the summary missing. Corrected those.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:43:30 am by Silent_Thunder »

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2013, 05:00:49 am »

Wait, there was only 13 people there watching us wrastle? That means we bought more wrastlers and other employers than there were spectators. Man, we are pathetic...  :P

I bet it was the wrastlers wives and other family that bought a pity ticket.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2013, 07:12:37 am »

I lol'd hard :D
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2013, 08:18:37 am »

I'm impressed by Peaches debut in gloriously beating down the Leopard King. She did pretty well for herself.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 08:43:51 am »

Which Fed are you running? I might pop in an check to see their situation

Ring of Fire a F federation with a E rating in the midlands. I don't know how to turn things around in my favor except to possibly force the E to a D and try to BARELY scrape by with good matches (right now I've been doing C overall)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 11:22:04 pm »

Ring of Fire a F federation with a E rating in the midlands. I don't know how to turn things around in my favor except to possibly force the E to a D and try to BARELY scrape by with good matches (right now I've been doing C overall)

Have you done a full month yet? 2013 tells your your predicted Sponsorship income, but 2005 I think you don't get any clue about your income from sponsors untill the money actually comes in. Most smaller promotions will be in the red before the end of month sponsorship money comes in.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 06:35:18 am »

I wouldn't worry too much about the lousy matches.  Matching up wrestlers to make good matches is very much trial-and-error.

That said, my cruiser wrestler doesn't really fit in this brawler-heavy promotion.

Still...

"Hey promotion guy!  Jack Euchre here!  I demand a match versus that Leopard guy!  I'm gonna pound him into pavement!"

(Here's hoping his mexican wrestling experience has given him minimal Aerial/Flashy skills)

And FYI, I expect to win versus Leopard guy. :P

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2013, 05:59:42 pm »

that was beautiful.
how do you think a show  would go down where it was  just round after round of beating leopard king?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2013, 06:23:12 pm »

that was beautiful.
how do you think a show  would go down where it was  just round after round of beating leopard king?
Naturally, the crowd would get sick of seeing so much of Leopard King.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2013, 07:19:04 pm »

Alright folks, this is just a mini-update to breifly gloss over our financials from the match, and a few things I neglected to mention.

Glad you could meet with me Harry. Ticket Sales were abysmal, so I'm hoping you got something for me.

Well yes, I know you said you wanted to get more exposure for this venture by hosting the shows online. I've managed to secure deals with a number of web advertisers, and I have the estimates right here.

Spoiler: Financial Report (click to show/hide)

So yes, earlier when I claimed that we would be in a money pit for awhile before making a profit, I completely forgot to include sponsorship money. With this, and the fact that our shows will be slightly shorter from now on, means we should just barely eke out a profit. At least for now. When we make the jump to the next size, we might start having issues, especially as workers start having their contracts renewed.

Anyway, after Nikki didn't do so well as a Road Agent, I've decided to find a competent replacement. The Ref will ahve to stick around awhile longer, as we realy don't have the money to get a decent replacement, and I think, but am not entirely sure, that his weak skills aren't too big an issue for our size. But we were able to find an affordable Road Agent.

Spoiler: The Boston Brawler (click to show/hide)

If calling a Roady a "Brawler" doesn't make too much sense, the reason is his name in the database was the Boston Bomber, and well, recent events have made that name less than palatable. So I went and changed it. Remember that this game was made late 2012, and the character himself was in the series long before then, so it's not like the name was intentional.

Spoiler: And his asking salary (click to show/hide)
Regardless, he's a cheap Roady, but we may have to worry about that drug issue. In this case I did manage to talk him down from $450 a show to $400, by promising him a guaranteed salary of $600 a month. This means if he only is used one show a month, he still would collect an extra $200, but not the full $400 for the second show. This isn't a big loss for us, as we will be using him every show.

Next we are going to take a look backstage, which revels a rather troubling issue.
Spoiler: The issue (click to show/hide)

As you can see, our backstage rating isn't too great. And one thing is very, very clear. Not only do the fans hate Leopard King, so does literally everyone else. So I have decided to do the only sensible thing. I'm going to Job him out to some of the other wrestlers who need a few wins under their belt to look good, then dump him off of the roster and void his contract.

Hey, wrestling is a rough business.

And the last thing for this mini-update, we are going to look at our current storylines we are running.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now for our style of wrestling, we need to run two storylines with a minimum heat of 35 to avoid penalties. Now again, because of our size, these penalties still aren't enough to actually cause us issues, they instead just slow our growth a little bit. That said, It still serves as a good point to explain how storylines work.

When you create a storyline, you need to choose at least 2 wrestlers to play a "Major" part in it. They could be feuding, they could be allies, really anything, as long as its more than two people. After that, you can add as many people as you want to "Minor" roles, which could be as simple as being a one of the wrestlers who the Face has to fight on his way to challenging the Heel, or someone on a team with them etc. However, something like a single person making their way up the ladder isn't a storyline in and of itself, but would instead just be reflected in their individual momentum.

In this case, we've started a feud between Stoner and Sackman following Sack slamming Stoner through that table and causing him an injury. The Heat of the story is based on the angles and matches that tell the story. Now I'm going to be perfectly honest. I don't actually know the equation that gives out the final result. But really all you need to know is good angles and matches help it, and bad ones don't.

Anyway, that's all for this mini-update. But I shall pose a question to you all. What should our second storyline be. And no, everyone beating the piss out of Leopard King for 4 straight months before he gets fired is not a storyline.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »

The Babes of Battle, Peaches O' Malley and Olivia Diamond team up to beat the tar out their foes, becoming an unstoppable force, culminating into a match where they eventually fight each other for supremacy
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2013, 02:22:43 am »

Have you done a full month yet? 2013 tells your your predicted Sponsorship income, but 2005 I think you don't get any clue about your income from sponsors untill the money actually comes in. Most smaller promotions will be in the red before the end of month sponsorship money comes in.

No... I've never been given any indication that was even a thing.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2013, 03:08:05 am »

No... I've never been given any indication that was even a thing.

Not sure then. It's been ages since I played 2005 proper, so I may be talking out of my ass in regards to sponsorship income. That said, 2005's UI is.... extrodinarily terrible from what I remember.

The Babes of Battle, Peaches O' Malley and Olivia Diamond team up to beat the tar out their foes, becoming an unstoppable force, culminating into a match where they eventually fight each other for supremacy

Not gonna happen. Peaches is a Heel and Olivia is a Face. I'd have to turn one of them first.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:10:07 am by Silent_Thunder »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2013, 03:08:57 am »

Well I better finish a month... I do have 2 years to get myself out of a rut.

Not gonna happen. Peaches is a Heel and Olivia is a Face. I'd have to turn one of them first.

Surprised there is no Heel and Face team up storyline that you can later spin into a brawl.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:16:12 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14