Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: [FEF] MGs in the Tower of Horrors (OOC/Discussion) [With Glacial Speed]  (Read 21751 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

In a darkened chamber, a white light flickers. An unearthly, ethereal glow, throwing dancing shadows through the rubble and against the walls. Light has come to this place, but it is not the warm glow of life.

In a place known currently only as the Tower, a beacon has been lit. A beacon to warriors of truth and justice, to avatars of love and joy, to servants of good and right, to come cleanse this place of its evil, to surpass and subdue the Tower itself.

Yet the Tower is no mere dungeon. It is a spawling expanse, rising endlessly above, and Death stalks its halls. Even if these champions are successful, it will take time- and in all likelihood, blood. To scale its heights, to know its horrors, to survive its evils... this is no mere quest. It is a campaign.

Should they fail, their bones will decorate its floors and their screams will echo through its corridors. Such is the Tower.

Expedition Thread
1.22 Rulebook
Spoiler: What (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Houserules (click to show/hide)

-Rulebook Information-
Spoiler: Primary Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derived Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Guidelines (click to show/hide)

Note that players may be expected to copy+paste simplified statsheets or at least remind me of relevant skills when posting actions, so please be prepared to do so if necessary.

Character selection will be a bit hectic. Generally speaking, a team captain will be randomly selected to lead the next mission. This captain will then select who they would like to accompany them. Other measures may be added if necessary to discourage favoritism or the consistent leaving of newbies behind.

Otherwise, everyone who supplies a valid character sheet will generally be "in" as far as being able to faff around on base and receive Industry Points.

The exact rules are still under consideration as well, especially regarding skill modification, so feel free to comment on mechanics.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:23:48 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] Magical Girls in the Tower of Horrors (OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:03 pm »

Roster

Spoiler: Leraye (GWG) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shadow Blade (Zako) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cold Fist (Lukeinator) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:21:21 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:38 pm »

Other reserved post. I do not require any more.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:57:25 pm »

Consequently, the game will consist of two parts. One of these will be a home base where characters not on a mission can faff about. In addition to RPing and the like, every RL day that passes gives players not in the field an Industry Point. IP can be spent on crafting attempts, resource harvesting, and other mundane but beneficial tasks.

:3

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »

I wish to try this out, but am leery as RP heavy games I tend to, er, not uh. Not do so very well in.

Also large stat sheet scares Derm. I've never had experiance with FE.

Also urge to attempt to metagame/PHYSICS my way to early ultimate power is rising. Just watch I'll make the same ol' void/eldritch whatever magic heavy thing I always do.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:01:22 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 12:19:55 am »

Consequently, the game will consist of two parts. One of these will be a home base where characters not on a mission can faff about. In addition to RPing and the like, every RL day that passes gives players not in the field an Industry Point. IP can be spent on crafting attempts, resource harvesting, and other mundane but beneficial tasks.

:3
Ruthlessly stolen.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 12:32:09 am »

After steam discussion with irony, we've decided tactical stuff ain't my thing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 12:36:03 am »

Ok, you got me interested in this. I've never gotten the idea and concepts behind the whole magical girl thing, but I'm willing to give it a shot!

Now, what kind of character to make...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 12:37:16 am »

For non-FEFers, it might be good to link to 1.22 in the OP.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 01:19:53 am »

For non-FEFers, it might be good to link to 1.22 in the OP.
Yeah. It's already linked somewhere in one spoiler, but it's an indirect link because I don't feel comfortable leeching off Emral to that extent. Working on getting a different copy up, but in the meantime I might transcribe more of it. :x

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 02:21:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and done.

I'm assuming Cancel is like the one in the book and not Awareness

Main thread
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:38:34 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 05:27:55 am »

Pffftffftfffft consider me interested.
Are classes not going to work the same way as in normal FEF? I don't see a spot for class on that sheet.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:33:26 am by Powder Miner »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 05:59:51 am »

Ah. Yes. Fixed now.

It also occurs to me that, yes, I forgot to have you list your class anywhere. Derp. Added weapon sections while I was at it.

Also added a character guidelines section, to help address what happens when you want to play a grizzled knight war veteran.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention that scapheap's sheet looks good.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:04:52 am by IronyOwl »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 06:54:35 am »

I have added weapon and stats block.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 09:56:50 am »

So, what class are you aiming for Scrap? I was thinking about being a swordmaster, but if you are already going that way, then I might as well be something else.

Since we are fighting inside the tower, does the whole level count as being inside?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10