Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DFMon - Custom display for in game combat/alert messages V0.9  (Read 36451 times)

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFMon - Advanced Alert/Combat monitoring (WINDOWS ONLY) V0.5
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 01:48:43 pm »

Other operating systems currently won't work (If this becomes popular enough I will put in the hours to make it so**

I would be very interested in a linux version!

(but if it is .NET based that might not be easy...)

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 05:03:35 am »

Update: No I've not died I'm just really busy and my son has been very ill.

I've also ran into some annoying Threading issues trying to add some new features :(. New update will be a while.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 07:04:45 pm »

Just got to write some help documentation tomorrow and the new version (Beta V0.9) will be up :)

No mac/linux support or dfhack integration, but ignoring those for now it is nearly ready to be out of beta.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 06:22:07 pm »

New version is up + pdf documentation included in download. See changelog in main post for list of changes.

Nearly ready for a non beta V1 release :-).

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFMon - Custom display for in game combat/alert messages V0.9
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 07:39:57 pm »

Thank you for creating this!

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 06:37:13 am »

Just a quick update regarding the new version of dwarf fortress.

There are no reasons why this tool won't work for the new version... EXCEPT that it won't display any of the new messages! As such I'm going to have to make some changes to it as to how it handles "unrecognized" messages.

I probably don't have time to add it but what I'd like to do is build up a central store of rules which will cover ANY message in the system. I presume this will also be useful for things like Soundsense. I may start to tackle adventure mode too at that point... however this tool is basically only useful for fortress mode at the moment.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 01:23:50 pm »

Would be great to see it updated to the new version. It's a useful tool, thanks for the work put into it.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 06:39:22 am »

I am using 34.11 still, I get an error whenever I try to make a new filter to stop a forgotten beast spamming that it is enraged.

here is the error code
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2014, 06:39:10 am »

Thanks for your bug report kendo,

I've fixed this bug for the new release... but unfortunately it is still some ways off.

I need to change how the system works to be more flexible to toadys updates. I really need DfMon optionally talking to a server to report new unparsed messages being detected as well as an overrule which allows users to just do what they want.

The idea is that when DfMon finds a message in game which isn't handled by the base rules I've written that it will be sent to me automatically and I can update a default master rules file and alert users to download it.

I've also vaguely begun to think about how to make the system support linux/mac and had a brief initial discussion with Zwei about integrating DfMon into soundsense (there is a lot of overlap and both programs could benefit).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:41 am »

I can help with DF integration if you want.

I could even do it myself if the source is somewhere.

I have systems in place for .net apps to read stuff from DF, and that can be extended to announcements.

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 04:43:00 am »

I have systems in place for .net apps to read stuff from DF, and that can be extended to announcements.

Just to say... wow this sounds great :-) I will be in touch as soon as I have some free time! I have no problem with open sourcing DFMon, but I'd want to tidy it up a bit first =D. Currently the system relies on reading from the announcements.txt file... but this isn't ideal as often things don't go there (if they are added by dfhack for example).

Another great thing would be a sensible way of determining if the player is in fortress or adventure mode. This would allow me to start working on the adventure mode side of things... although I imagine that is going to blow up into a seperate UI type of deal (Which I would HATE to make windows only).

Ahhhh to have more free time :(

Versace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2016, 12:30:53 am »

Just to say... wow this sounds great :-) I will be in touch as soon as I have some free time! I have no problem with open sourcing DFMon, but I'd want to tidy it up a bit first =D. Currently the system relies on reading from the announcements.txt file... but this isn't ideal as often things don't go there (if they are added by dfhack for example).

Another great thing would be a sensible way of determining if the player is in fortress or adventure mode. This would allow me to start working on the adventure mode side of things... although I imagine that is going to blow up into a seperate UI type of deal (Which I would HATE to make windows only).

Ahhhh to have more free time :(

Any status update? I loved this one.
Announcement Window+ is a poor alternative in my opinion :(

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2016, 08:18:00 am »

Yes! Believe it or not this isn't a dead project, it's just only available to myself currently.

The problem with tools like this is that every time the game text changes then the rules need to change too. To get round this I'm implementing a web service which allows people using the default rules to upload messages which aren't being parsed to me. I can then come up with better rules and update the settings version which will prompt people to download them. I've also changed the UI so that messages which aren't filtered are always displayed and have a little clickable icon beside them which makes it easy to add a rule for them.

What this means is that if we have a decent bunch of people using this tool then every new release alerts will be croudsourced for updating.

I've also been looking at ways to make this available for linux and MAC using mono, but I've not made much progress with this sadly beyond the basics and getting linux/mac dwarf fortress setup in VMS.

Once I've got things to a place I'm happy with I will shove it up on GIT and hopefully others can join in. Once we have it polished and working sensibly then I'll approach the creator of soundsense again about integrating the two into one tool. This would allow people to heavily customise what alerts trigger sounds and add custom sounds for specific alerts.

My free time is very limited at the moment for this sadly as I'm not often infront of my development PC, but we will get there!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 03:48:20 am »

PTW

Right now I use Announcement Window: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153777.0 as do most of the other DF Streamers on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/kaelgotrice

Pros:
Two configurable, resizeable windows outside DF that can be configured to be displayed to viewers or run as we play
Font type, size, colors editable
Custom filters oh both windows, choose which announcement types go where
windows can be locked in place on top
AUTO-SCROLLS DOWNWARD: JESUS THIS IS 100% WHAT WE NEED

Cons:
Not updated for many new announcement spam types
Custom filter format is a nightmare
Stuck with 1 or 2 windows, cannot be separated.
Death witnessing currently non-existent, only displays body found

If it had updated, easy to change(add when Toady adds new announcement) more user friendly custom filters, then I'm sure a lot of us would swap from Announcement Window.

EDIT: Yeah, an option to just CLICK an announcement and tell it to filter out that type would be amazing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:52:10 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Versace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 06:37:51 am »

Once I've got things to a place I'm happy with I will shove it up on GIT and hopefully others can join in. Once we have it polished and working sensibly then I'll approach the creator of soundsense again about integrating the two into one tool. This would allow people to heavily customise what alerts trigger sounds and add custom sounds for specific alerts.

Sounds almost too good to be true. Hope you find the time to realize that :)
I really miss the DFMon UI.

Cons:
Not updated for many new announcement spam types
Custom filter format is a nightmare
Stuck with 1 or 2 windows, cannot be separated.
Death witnessing currently non-existent, only displays body found

Big con for me is also that the window size isnt saved. So you have to adjust everytime you open it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]