Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Back to school thread: Textbook total: 1 kidney, 2 virgins and a goat.  (Read 5820 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

So, yeah. I feel like we could use this thread, considering that tomorrow everyone that still has to go to school will have to go to school. Yaaaay. :c

Experiences, expectations, shitty roommates, as long as it's school-related it's relevant. I don't really have anything to contribute as of yet, altough I guess it's cool that I'll see all my friends again. It's in a different building than last year, tough, so gotta get used to it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:08:35 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Back to school thread! Yaa... Booooo!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:59:34 am »

ACCOUNTING ECONOMICS STATISTICS PROGRAMMING MARKETING INTERNSHIP CHEMICAL MANUFACTURING IT TEMP

WHAT IS SLEEP

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 12:00:02 pm »

I don't think vacations work the same everywhere*. So, you might be one of the only ones.

*Thankfully they don't. Synchronized vacations would murder transportation.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 12:01:50 pm »

Back to college here in the UK.  :'(
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 12:01:58 pm »

I'm stuck in a somewhat boring GenEd semester instead of working on my major. Damned required classes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 12:21:44 pm »

Yup, back to uni tomorrow. Got some interesting courses this semester though so it's not all sad :p

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:26:27 pm »

I am disappointed by how little work university is turning out to be. I've mostly been sitting on my ass when I'm not being bored in class. Philosophy is definitely my favorite class so far, and I'm a CompSci major. And it's only a half gen-ed semester; I have most of that junk out of the way.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 12:27:20 pm »

I'm stuck in a somewhat boring GenEd semester instead of working on my major. Damned required classes.

Nothing feels better than knocking out two semesters' worth of classes with APs. I'm taking Russian, Intro Linguistics, Intro Latin, and Intro Physics for Non-Science Majors, and only the last is a gen ed.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »

First and only lecture tomorrow: C/C++. Yay!(?)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 12:45:10 pm »

Nothing feels better than knocking out two semesters' worth of classes with APs. I'm taking Russian, Intro Linguistics, Intro Latin, and Intro Physics for Non-Science Majors, and only the last is a gen ed.
I've got half a semester's worth of AP credit, but none of it is useful to me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 12:52:05 pm »

Back to work tomorrow, though no actual lectures or lessons to give until wednesday - yay!
This is a blank sig.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 12:52:57 pm »

Back to work tomorrow, though no actual lectures or lessons to give until wednesday - yay!

What do you teach?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 12:54:07 pm »

What do you teach?

Physics.
This is a blank sig.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »

First year of high school (technikum, to be more specific, ie. 3 years as opposed to 4).
No idea what to really expect, but to be fair, back when we're at the open days in some-April, the German class didn't look so bad (plus they have a goddamn interactive whiteboard, which is never a bad thing to have).

So I don't know if my personal text is going to turn out true or not, but I'm skeptical. Mostly due to the sad fact that the holiday's over, but oh well... Time travel isn't a thing yet, is it?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 01:27:36 pm »

Ooooh, what did everyone spend on textbooks? I managed to keep mine at around $450. Buying used is great, except the previous owner of this computer science book had a penchant for dicks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4