Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How would you do this math?  (Read 3071 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How would you do this math?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 08:35:20 pm »

Is a copper piece the same size as a gold piece?

And I would guess Gold would be a bit less valued; since there are so many people magically creating it when they get wish's, etc. Everyone wishes for a million Gold, never a million Copper.

I don't know. I read somewhere that "coins" is just representitive of the local currency, such as bills or "silver orbs"

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: How would you do this math?
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:51 pm »

I expect the volumes are different if the weights are the same. I have some vague memory of coins all weighing the same in D&D, although I can't find a source. I could easily be wrong, but if there's to be consistency in monetary values, the copper coins need to be about 80 times larger than the gold ones by weight, which is clearly absurd.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 [2]