Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion: Creature Names in Art folder  (Read 1609 times)

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Creature Names in Art folder
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:43:58 pm »

I don't know if this is possible, I have tried to mod the possible creature names myself by editing the source code, but I don't know how to compile lcs, so I cannot achieve .

I know small, mostly superficial mods can be made by editing the files in the /Art folder of the installation.

So, my request is simple: Can the creature/character names (e.g. Kelsey Lincoln) file be put into the art folder of a standard install so we can edit the list of randomly generated names the game chooses from?

That's literally all.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if this is in the wrong place, but there doesn't seem to be a suggestions thread.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:36:25 am by TheOnlySolitaire »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Creature Names in Art folder
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 11:28:08 pm »

Do you mean the character names (e.g. Kelsey Lincoln), or the creature type names (e.g. College Student)?

The latter are already in Art.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 11:58:49 pm »

Do you mean the character names (e.g. Kelsey Lincoln), or the creature type names (e.g. College Student)?

The latter are already in Art.
Im sure neither is in art.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 12:17:55 am »

Well, isn't that interesting!

They're in my Art folder. But then, I'm using the Macintosh/Unix version of LCS. I take it this means that what is where varies between OS builds?

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 07:35:03 am »

Hmm maybe there are differences between builds then?

But for clarification, I meant the names like 'Kelsey Lincoln' etc.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:43:34 am »

If you get the source from the svn repository you'll have values for creature types available in an xml file. The latest release here on the forum is from before that was added. Names are still in the source code though.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:47:08 am »

Yeah I tried to mod it in via modifying the source code version myself, but as I lack any programming knowledge, I'm stuck at the point where I need to compile the source code to make my changes to the character names file actually work.

So, I'm requesting that it be included into the art folder, so that it can be edited easily.

I'm sure it will take more work to do this than I can imagine, despite it's trivial nature, but not too much I hope.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 12:55:06 pm »

If you get the source from the svn repository you'll have values for creature types available in an xml file. The latest release here on the forum is from before that was added. Names are still in the source code though.

Yeah seems so