Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Music Creation Thread  (Read 55449 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Creation Thread
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2023, 01:30:49 pm »

I really like it, though I'll be completely honest if there was a version with more a traditional rhythm I'd probably listen to it over the one there (but that's purely subjective opinion) I still think it works. Does give it a more unique (intentionally?) robotic feel

Thanks for the honest take! Yeah I work with ton of stuff that uses more typical rhythms in EDM, and have been pushing myself for some fresher feels on the rhythmic front. I'm glad to hear it sounds like it works, at least! It does have a sort of robotic feel, I think tuplet-based things can have that sort of effect with the way each identical subdivided beat follows one another.

Izz gut

I think the reason these interesting rhytms can fall apart very easily is they can turn up very uneven, or rather the rest of the tracks get stacked in an awkward way that doesn't flow, you can feel the odd additional beats but here, it's perfectly balanced, you wouldn't tell. Very well realized intent.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear it sounds balanced and not too weird! That's definitely true about atypical rhythms very easily falling apart. You can't just put stuff where you want like you sort of can in more standard rhythms. Not really sure how some patterns work decently and others not at all, seems like one has to kind of feel it out or something.

I did a quintuplet thing a while back that worked nicely. Quintuplet swing is actually totally a thing and sounds a bit like triplet swing. But yeah I feel like tuplets can be a pretty effective way to get odd rhythms to work, since there's a sort of very discernible pattern with the way identical notes follow one another, even though they aren't necessarily on a standard grid.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2023, 12:25:41 pm »

Merry Christmas to all!

After a long time, my latest track is out. Have a listen.

Complete

Instrumental

More is on its way, but it's probably to take another half a year or so  :P

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 26, 2023, 07:55:30 am »

That was lovely Quaksna!

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2024, 05:39:17 pm »

Well after months with nothing to show, I finally have my experimental rock/metal album done,

bandcamp and youtube, (also should be on streaming)

https://intothesun2.bandcamp.com/album/into-the-sun
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lpEmJTMb1Dw-En_DbD2RoOdlJr_EoS5_Q

It's 60 minutes of fairly dark gloomy music, the first half is less aggressive, then the hammer comes down during Burning Kiss Of Thirst, that's also when the harsh vocals start to appear (mix of spoken word, singing, and black metal screams through out). It's a lot of music, but meant to be listened to front to back, quasi concept album I suppose 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 04:12:09 pm by BikeRacks »

pr1mezer0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2024, 06:57:36 pm »

Real nice production on that one BikeRacks.
The guitars sound like a blackened Yawning Man, you gotta be brave to do vocals, but i was impressed, cleans like inxs, gutterals like dark tranquillity. I thought the drums were underwhelming, but they sound live, how did you do them?
My favourites were We, Disciples and Sunrise to the Rails.

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2024, 07:27:00 pm »

Thanks for listening! The drums were mix of stuff I wrote in midi, some midi samples, and a tad of fills played on some electronic pads. All of the parts were then fed into toontrack Superior Drummer, except there is a little bit of actually recorded tamborine and toms in bits and pieces.

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2024, 11:52:30 pm »

I dig it, but I think you need to upgrade from going direct with that fender 10G (assuming that's what you're doing)   .....those fat riffs deserve some beef (and air), even if you got like a Line 6 POD Express and plugged that direct into your computer you'll be pretty psyched the difference it'll make ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:02:47 am by BikeRacks »

pr1mezer0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2024, 05:03:48 am »

Nah I'm going direct into my computer then using artificial distortion in the audio editor (audacity), because when I go thru the amp the sound cuts in and out. But I agree it's a terrible sound, I'm thinking about getting a Boss metal zone, but even a 'clean' signal would be as good as the way I currently do it. When I've got enough tracks I'll redo them all hopefully with an electronic kit (the physical ones) too.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]