Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Town" neighbour  (Read 8285 times)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Town" neighbour
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 01:43:11 pm »

It's a future 'Tower'. Necromancers have to have a large enough horde to begin construction on a tower, but in the meantime their base is whatever they've taken over.

I believe it's possible for them to take over things other than towns, but it's very rarely seen.

You may not have that tough a time of it. I embarked next to some necromancers and got only one siege before capturing two of them. Haven't seen any undead since, am considering releasing one to see if I start getting undead sieges again.

How long has it been since your last undead siege? I (presumably) caught all the necromancers around my current fort, and although I still get zombie sieges, there can be many years between them. Granted, there are two towers in my vicinity, so maybe that effects things, somehow.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: "Town" neighbour
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 08:16:48 pm »

Besides, it would be interesting to see if necromancers from two different towers would fight each other.
You'd probably have to set an arena up yourself, even if necromancers aren't as skittish about all hostiles as they are about dwarves. Alternatively, you could make a goblin grinder that has no traps and a tempting corpse at the end. Any one necromancer should head for it and keep running back and forth indefinitely.

How long has it been since your last undead siege? I (presumably) caught all the necromancers around my current fort, and although I still get zombie sieges, there can be many years between them.
It's late spring of 58, and the necromancers were captured some time in 54. Since the fortress was founded in 50, it could be that the extremely low rate of attack is being kept up.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]