Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unofficial mod pack thread for Minecraft (thread renamed)  (Read 4155 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial mod pack thread for Minecraft (thread renamed)
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2020, 06:30:14 pm »

It's up to you Riaktor.

The was a DF mod a long time ago which just added more types of stone, which I guess was just a real world mod labeled DF.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2020, 06:55:00 pm »

I've seen that asked for several times, and almost no work done to make it happen.

The thing that people need to realize about mods is that: Most modders are making the mod for themselves, only some modders share their work.

So if you want it in a mod, you are the best person to make it happen.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 03:23:19 pm »

So, I've been playing Dungeons, Dragons and Space Shuttles modpack. I thought it was gonna be like RLcraft and filled with BS mechanics, but actually its a good (to me) hybrid of GT Horizon and RLcraft or Omega pack. With the bonus that the quests actually help a ton, like they do in GT Horizon. While I'm good at figuring out the complex stuff, having a questline to follow helps a lot and both RLcraft and Omega were missing that. Plus exploration in DDSS is pretty awesome, and while there are mobs that are pretty BS (same with RLcraft/Omega), its a lot less frustrating than the latter two mod packs I tried.

Most youtubers give up DDSS though, there ends up being like 9x9 crafting grids and think it goes more complex than that. And it can take 10s of thousands of materials to do the complex stuff later on. Probably 1000s of hours of gametime mod pack, which some may or may not like. I dunno how I'll handle it when I get to that point, but early on its great so far. Its probably my favorite kitchen sink/exploration mod pack, while it does some BS mobs, mostly its fine. And exploration is really rewarding, but not super OP like I was finding in Omega. Plus great questlines from what I've seen that act as a guide of sorts. Its the perfect hybrid of GT Horizon and RLcraft/omega that I was looking for. I briefly did try it, but thought it was gonna be like RLcraft which I just got done playing at the time so I went to try other packs. But actually, its pretty much its own unique pack.

I dunno if I'll stick with the endgame of it though. Needing 10s of thousands of metals sounds pretty intense. I think a lot end up stopping at that point (or before it). But we'll see.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2020, 01:11:35 am »

Well got through quite a bit of the beginning of DDSS

Hardest part is tin. Lots of iron, tons of copper. Not much in the way of tin, but at least I've found some.

Found a dragon's lair on the surface. So I cheesed it by building a stone bunker. but then it flew off behind a hill, so I looted everything (so much gold nuggets that can turn into gold bars. And a bunch of other good stuff). Then it came back and I spent a real life hour (okay maybe it was 30 minutes, but felt like a while lol) beating it down with stone aiots as I hid in my bunker (well did use two iron swords I found) and finally finished it off with a bow and some arrows. One hp at a time :P And it had lots of hp. Was a male so no egg, but got dragon blood, dragon meat, scales and bones. Can't use any of it, but it felt like a stoneage caveman slowly taking on a dragon lol. It did destroy blocks, but I had a ton of stone so wasnt a big deal.

Then I built a very long road to the lair. The dragon won't respawn, but it will make it easier to get in that general direction. Otherwise had to go over or around a mountain, past a swamp and then past a thick forest. Took an hour to build the road.

But managed to make the blacksmith workshop and get it running. It requires methane to use (early on it uses methane, I think it uses other gas too). Making the blacksmith workshop was pretty involved, but process of getting methane was pretty intense. There is a questline to get you running though, and when you finish it requires (lots) of compost to make humus which then gets extracted in a machine, then pumped to a tank or straight to the blacksmith workshop. Its pretty manual to make the humus, and gotta replace it pretty often. But the blacksmith workshop doesn't use much of it luckily (so far).

Then because I had the blacksmith workshop running, I was able to make a very resource intensive sprinkler. Felt rewarding once made though, was pretty fun process. Since think I'm gonna go down the magical agriculture path instead of the more tech stuff for now. And the magical plants take ages to grow (someone in discord said they waited 1-2 hours and theirs hadn't grown yet), so either need a sprinkler or a boring manual method of a watering can. Luckily I had all the resources available to make the sprinkler (barely though) and got methane going. Including the two gold plates (4 gold ingots total) to make it. If the dragon lair hadn't generated near my base, I'd never been able to make it lol. Sprinkler makes a huge difference in the magical plant growth, its pretty much required. Unless you don't mind pouring water on them...over and over and over lol.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:35:08 am by The_Explorer »
Pages: 1 2 [3]