Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: 7 Days to Die  (Read 24971 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Days to Die
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2020, 09:50:05 am »

Slightly wierd question, but do radioactive versions of the zombies that look like less fucked up violates exist?
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Rumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2020, 01:09:57 pm »

No issues collecting exp from bled-out zombies, I'd imagine the burnt ones are the same. The zombie health minimods are nifty, in my mind, but mostly in telling if a hit was a good one or if the zombo you're whacking at just happens to be thicc.

Darkness Falls was neat, but I turned over to Ravenhearst for simple quantity of zombies- cities are dense with the things, and wandering hordes are fun. I'm also betatesting that one, so I've got a bias going for it anyways.

Gnamod is fun if you just like getting into the thick of it right away- you'll probably loot an AK out of a dumpster, but you'll also probably get a screamer howling at you on day one, soooo.

One thing I've been missing from recent alphas is that cities aren't currently dangerous to enter so I decided to give Ravenhearst a try.

The high enemy density and frequent roaming packs are nice, you can never assume you'll be able to loot a POI in peace. The overall difficulty may be balanced around group play though, I'm struggling to find time to build while also gathering the needed supplies. There are a lot of custom POIs and it's great to have new buildings to explore. I also like the unique night spawns.

My current game may have bugged out, the last several quests from traders have no marker once I approach the target location. There's also an overlapping terrain glitch where I see one set of trees/distant POIs while pointed one way and different trees/POIs when looking in a slightly different direction. I plan to restart with a new world map. I also plan to cheat in an iron tools schematic once I build my first workbench. I played 40 hours without and it was bad - reminded me of the days when you needed to find a random loot forge book in order to build the forge.

Overall I feel challenged and I plan to give it another try.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2020, 10:30:35 am »

I got this game for my birthday lasts september, but back then I was in a non-gaming mood.
Picked up playing it a week or 2 ago.
I must say.  It's pretty enjoyable, especially considering it's still an alpha. It tickles the right places for a zombie survival crafting itch.

Learning the ropes now single player mode.  How does it play online?  Are there nice communities, or is it all a big exploit troll and grief fest?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2020, 11:55:24 am »

I haven't done open online play, but based on the way bases are set up (you create a control block which makes everything in its radius under your control and no blocks can be destroyed until the control block is found and destroyed) it seems pretty standard for these kinds of games. Tearing apart people's bases and looting their stuff while they're not online would seem to be the norm.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2020, 01:24:41 pm »

There is a wide variety in terms of how servers are managed. I was fortunate to find a couple that had active admins that took a lot of interest in keeping things fun for everyone but it looks like they have folded up shop and aren't around anymore to recommend. Shop around for what you are interested in, if you want something that isn't a grief-fest you might need to find a password protected server and request to play there.

Naxza, I waited until RH 7.2.0 so I would be able to use the current A19. I've got 7.2.1 now and it seems to be working well. I particularly like the water filter change/reversion - it was just too difficult to load water into the experimental one, the cost was a huge tax on someone mostly working with a scrap iron pick.

I've set it to 10 days between hordes, gives me enough time to build something so I don't just spend the night hiding in a tall building. I managed to get RH farming working, needing to water the plants feels right - they should add it to the base game. Next target: a motorized vehicle
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]