Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Installer for Linux  (Read 165368 times)

hderms

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Installer for Linux
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 12:31:01 pm »

I'm attempting to at least get something working with the new version of Dwarf Fortress. I'm sure some stuff is broken (probably a lot of stuff, realistically) but the package at least now installs and runs on my machine (started my first game ever of dwarf fortress with it yesterday night).

Please DO NOT use this tool on save files to upgrade them, as I have never tested this and I'm sure I broke it because I didn't modify the patch files, nor do I know what they should contain. This is very noob-level maintenance at this point (don't yell at me).

I have the repo at  https://github.com/hderms/df-lnp-installer and my post describing the release in more detail is at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141188.0

Citizen Snips

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »

Running Mint 17, seems like there's a bit of an issue in Dwarf Therapist because of the new version, but it got the skins installed correctly. Thanks a bunch, glad that I don't have to go in raw after years of not playing ;)

hderms

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 03:59:13 pm »

Running Mint 17, seems like there's a bit of an issue in Dwarf Therapist because of the new version, but it got the skins installed correctly. Thanks a bunch, glad that I don't have to go in raw after years of not playing ;)

Thanks bud, I will look into it.

Phil7z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2014, 06:48:25 pm »

got it to work under ubuntu 14.04 LTS

1. install the libs u need for df, there was somehere some very long commandline input for that.
2. run the skipt with --skip-sha
3a. if that fails, open the  installer .sh and search the install_all funktion
use # to comment out the stuff that failed, for me that where some grafic packs.
if a patch failed search the patch and comment it out.
goto 2
3b. installation complete
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]