Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Spelunk: A Formerly Competitive Cave Adventure (Full) (Illustrated)  (Read 24038 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(No, it's not RTD Spelunky. I may make that once this ends.)

This RTD is about exploring caves. Your rivals are also exploring caves. You can choose to team up with them, or kill them. Anyway, the goal is to collect more treasure than your opponents. Or is it? There may be other goals as well. This RTD will go through three phases:

1)Signup Phase - People sign up. There are eight slots open. They will not re-open when somebody dies, unless I change my mind. You can request a replacement.
2)Preparation Phase - This phase begins once there are three players and I stop being lazy. People use the starting money to shop for a variety of items, such as torches, swords, et cetera. They will also pick their stats. The item list probably won't be revealed until then.
3)Game Phase - This phase begins once people finish the Preperation Phase. People, like, y'know, play the game. It's an RTD. It's not fully minimalist, so no I PULL AN AK-47 OUT OF MY HAT or any similar shenanigans. Feel free to send me PMs detailing secret actions.

Your Signup Phase character sheet should look like this:

Name: Your name.
Description: A short description of your character.
Power Suggestions: No, I may not use them. However, I may make them available somehow if they fit; maybe even at character creation. This is entirely optional.

Spoiler: Update Schedule (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dice Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:09:32 am by Elephant Parade »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Name: Steve, the most Powerful Steve in all of Stevedom M.D.

Description: Fairly generic looking miner who, oddly enough, has a doctorate. As such he wears a lab coat under his manly steve beard.

Power Suggest: None.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Steve, the most Powerful Steve in all of Stevedom M.D.

Description: Fairly generic looking miner who, oddly enough, has a doctorate in geology. As such he wears a lab coat under his manly steve beard.

Power Suggest: None.

This is an excellent character. Also, it is only now that I realize that I do not know how to change the topic title.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Spelunk: A Competitive Cave Adventure - Like this
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »

Modify the OP and change what you have as the subject.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Spelunk: A Competitive Cave Adventure - 1/8 Slots Filled (Illustrated)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 07:41:50 pm »

Modify the OP and change what you have as the subject.

Thanks. I actually thought about trying that, but then I thought, "Nah, it doesn't work when I change the subject in a later post; why would it work then?"

[Edit]There was a tiny typo and it was driving me crazy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:41:22 pm by Elephant Parade »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Name: Simon Bowtie.
Description: A miner with a vaguely suit-looking outfit. He also has a bowtie on.
Power Suggestions: Various things related to elements, i.e. poison thingies for weapons.
Black lives matter.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

I'M IN

Name: Alexandria Belle
Description: Masquerading as a male student at the royal academy, she was sent out to the caves to collect gems for the king and samples to be studied back at the academy.
Power Suggestions: Well, how about bonuses to mundane things, such as getting cheaper items at shops, being able to identify surroundings more easily to avoid hazards, etc.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:49:01 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of reducing it to 4 slots, or possibly 6 slots.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I'd better get in fast, then.

Spoiler: Brown (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

I'm in.

Name: Merc.
Description. Tall, thin man. Expert with automatic rifles. If he's on your team you're safe. If he wants something you got you're dead.
Power: And time seems to slow down... When fighting with a rifle, he gets to attack twice for every turn they fight for.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

IN!

Name: Cromwell Jackson.
Description: A tall, lanky man, he wears a worn top hat and the garb of a street magician.
Power Suggestions: Basic, non-magical "illusions", tricking people in general.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I think that the way this will work is this:

1)Preperation Phase, check original post.
2)People enter the cave. The person who escapes with the most treasure wins.
3)I may have future spelunks, with survivors getting to keep their loot and characters.

[Edit]Shop stuff so far, for those interested:
Copper Sword: A basic, inexpensive shortsword. Much more effective than fists in melee. Price: 30 gold.
Torch: Extremely important for lighting up the caverns. Lasts 2, 3, or 5 turns. Price: 10 gold.
Knife: A utility knife handy for a variety of tasks. Price: 20 gold.
Beginner's Book of Ancient Runes: A translator's guide for ancient runes. Grants a +1 on checks relating to decoding meaning from runes. Price: 40 gold.
Rope (20 m.): Twenty metres of rope; vital for climbing down rocks. Grants +2 to climbing checks where the rope is usable. Price: 10 gold.
Mushroom Handbook: A handbook
Backpack: If you want to carry much of anything, you'll need this. Price: 20 gold.
Oil: It makes a deadly throwing weapon after being lit on fire. Price: 5 gold.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
FYI, money will probably be one of the things you determine at character creation.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:19:00 am by Elephant Parade »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Spelunkers, Relief is coming quick! Merc is here for hire! For only 100 gold, and 5% of your findings, he can protect you and make sure you return from this expedition a rich man.

Warning. Richness not guaranteed. Depends on how good a spelunker you are
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
FYI, money will probably be one of the things you determine at character creation.
How does that money-determination work?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Well, if there are still spots left, I'm in!

Name: Squidgel McDwarf
Description: A very short man, who is often covered in cave dust. Exept for his luxurious beard, which he keeps well groomed at all times. Who knowes if he even wears clothes under all that beard?
Powers: Can see a little better in the dark than others

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19