Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alt + Y Confirm Dialogue  (Read 5384 times)

head sama

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Alt + Y Confirm Dialogue
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 02:38:09 pm »

hi,
I was annoyed by the same issue just now and thought google might help...
You have to figure out everything for yourself, dammit! ^^

Try alt+moving
The key binding in the manual specify   alt+2 etc.  as "moving carefully"
(btw using this you can also walk into river (provided a ramp one tile underneath))

You still have to kind of accept but only with a (b,c,... depending on the number of entities on the tile)
So i guess the only advantage here is that instead of 'y' you can press 'a',
which i find more comfortable...

pls note:  When attack without confirmation is possible alt+2 will simply let you move, not attack

edit: ok, sadly i do not seem to be able to reproduce this behavior reliably
       armok knows on what it depends...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:18:03 pm by head sama »

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 06:06:05 pm »

It would be nice if this option could be disabled. It does get irritating when you're... er, murdering the whole hamlet. You know, for reasons.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 01:44:34 pm »

This problem has nothing to do with animals.  The game will ask you to confirm to attack *ANY* creature (including i.e. a goblin) that is unconscious and not already at "no quarter" combat status (or is considered to have yielded for any other reason), because an attack on a creature which has yielded will escalate combat to "no quarter".  I just tried this with an elf adventurer, and it didn't ask me for any confirmation to attack a weasel after I strangled it until it passed out, as the strangling already escalated combat to "no quarter".

Two important points:

1) You should be asked to confirm combat at most 2 times for any given opponent.  Once to attack something which is not hostile (which is most animals) and once to attack after your opponent has yielded.  If you are being asked to confirm more often than this (it is unclear to me from the posts if this might be the issue), something is wrong with your game.  I suggest generating a new world, and if this doesn't work downloading a fresh copy.  You also might want to consider submitting your save to the bug tracker.

2) If pressing alt-y is annoying, you can easily map this to another key.  Press esc, select "key bindings"->"Adventurer", then find "Adventure: Attack, Confirm".  You can even add "enter" as the binding for attack-confirm if you want (just confirmed this works).  I always have to do this, as the alt key doesn't work in DF on Linux, so I may "Attack, Confirm" to ctrl-y.  Note that the dialog will still tell you to press "alt-y", but the key you have mapped it to will work.

Pages: 1 [2]