Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Clink  (Read 1587 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
The Clink
« on: August 31, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »

((New S.G because i kinda wrote myself in a corner the last one which was called the order. Apologies to those following me i understand i still have quite a bit to learn about forum gaming and writing...but i think i'm learning. Once again i attempt to make it past page 5 with this game. I'm sure this one with more options :)))

You are in the Clink. For those of you too ignorant of life, that's slang for prison. People who come here are either the dregs society dosen't want to be associated with or those finding themselves in  bad circumstances. The latter do learn in time to survive with some negative reinforcement though, so it's really not that bad. However, because of budget cuts things in prison work differently and as always the officials have a way to spin it. For starters everything from "free time", shower tokens, food, clean uniforms, and even clean sheets will cost out of pocket. The State believes that us criminals should pay for that ourselves by working or dipping into some none-existing savings account we supposedly keep our earnings in. Today we pick what jobs we want but i don't know what the hell to pick...Jesus it reminds me of High school graduation.

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Possible Jobs currently on board are:

Prison athlete: Competes in various events and wins money by winning said events. Fist fighting or attempted escapes may be reason for being fired and time added to sentence.

Defense Attorney Assistant: State Attorneys are still provided by the State but have also seen budget cuts. Anyone willing to help them file papers and support them in legal proceedings may apply. Solidly skilled Assistants may be put up for rent so that Legal firms may hire you for their own specific cases, which means more money usually.

Teacher: Immigrants from around the world are coming into our wonderful country. Unfortunately, not all of them with the best intentions so they end up in prison. To better rehabilitate them we are offering them English tutoring help via fellow "pal-prisoners" program.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: The Clink
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:02 pm »

Name: Cindy Quill
Reason for Incarnation: Manslaughter
Prior work: Amatuer Athlete
Personality (Keeping it short and sweet): Cheerfully pessimistic about most things, irrational fear of centipedes, yet loves spiders. Overly stubborn, 'cept when there's money to be earned.

Take Prison Athlete.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:00:20 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Nunzillor

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:45:07 pm »

((Aww... The Order was looking interesting, too.  Oh well.))

Personality (Keeping it short and sweet): Cheerfully pessimistic about most things, irrational fear of centipedes, yet loves spiders. Overly stubborn, 'cept when there's money to be earned.

Take Prison Athlete.

I am much too lazy to propose a character, so +1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:53:32 am »

Name: Jem Robertson
Reason for Incarnation: Punched several police officers for hitting on you.
Prior work: Engineer doing research at a university.
Personality: Generally a cool guy (the gender xe most identifies with) except in cases involving his "condition" or insulting his intelligence.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

Name:Jackie Estacardo
Reason for Incarnation:Mass murder, mob affiliations, possession of illegal firearms, has control over the darkness
Prior work:Amateur athlete
Personality: Find a picture. I'm too lazy.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 10:33:22 am »

Take Prison Athlete.

Most voted plus i think i know what kind of sport would fit an ex-athlete who committed manslaughter. The most noble sport of Boxing.

Tune in next time as the gm writes out a prison boxers attempt to make it big in the boxing world from inside the Clink.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 03:05:24 am »

I'll take a spot, why not?

Ah, SG. Didn't read that. Could have been fun as a multiplayer game, but it's up to the GM of course.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:32:53 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:18 am »

Name: Jem Robertson
Reason for Incarnation: Punched several police officers for hitting on you.
Prior work: Engineer doing research at a university.
Personality: Generally a cool guy (the gender xe most identifies with) except in cases involving his "condition" or insulting his intelligence.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG