Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Teaching An Apprentice -A Suggestion Game  (Read 11013 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teaching An Apprentice -A Suggestion Game
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2014, 05:02:01 pm »

Would shadenight mind if I took over the plot from here?  I'm interested in seeing this play out still.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2014, 06:35:28 pm »

Shadenight hasn't really responded to my PM, so I'm going to take a liberty...

You maintain the awkward silence, periodically glancing over at Miss Shuu and making a small "Hmm" noise.  The poor girl continues sitting still, practically sweating from the effort of maintaining a perfect upright back.  About ten minutes pass in this manner; just as you think Shuu is about to crack and say something, the dinner bell rings.  You motion towards the dining room and Miss Shuu practically leaps up in her hurry to get away from the situation.

Dinner is served by your full staff of liveried valets, their raiments in impeccable order and condition.  The same could not be said for their skin.  Oh, you've tanned it and soaked them in formaldehyde until the house stank of it (you silently thank Nives for taking care of that) but dessication happens anyway.  The ultimate effect is that of being served by absurdly well dressed mummies.  The glass eyes probably don't help either.  You begin to wonder if this might be why people keep coming up with excuses not to come to your parties.

Dinner, at least, is much more appealing.  It's the season for it, so Ras has cooked up grouse with a side of potatoes and creamed spinach, along with an excellent wine, and you believe there is spotted dick and custard to follow.  You tuck in vigorously, and the food is excellent; Ras really knows what to do with herbs and spices, and it's roasted to perfection.  In fact, it's only a minute in that you realise Shuu is staring blankly at her food, cutlery undisturbed by the side of the plate.  There is a faintly terrified look in her eyes.

What now?  Will you comfort her, interrogate her, or just let the awkward silence prevail and enjoy your dinner?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:37:03 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »

"They won't eat you. Don't worry. They lack the internal organs to do so. Go on, take a bite, or several. Nobody dropped their finger in it... Probably."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2014, 10:07:23 pm »

"Furthermore, just think, one day you will have some of your very own young apprentice!"

Chuckle merrily for a mere moment, giving the illusion that you have emotions that she could appeal to.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2014, 07:22:07 am »

"They won't eat you. Don't worry. They lack the internal organs to do so. Go on, take a bite, or several. Nobody dropped their finger in it... Probably."
+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2014, 02:20:18 pm »

Not to step unto anyones toes, but... I find this quite offensive. You don't just take over someone's thread.

Making a new one of your own, with as much of a rip-off of the plot as you want to pay homage to the original is fine, but "this way" is quite devoid of good manners. ( Not that I would ever imply you would need to resort to ripping off other people's work, seeing as you are quite creative with your games normally. ) Eh, maybe I am just a grouch, but this kinda irks me. Dis/regard at your own leisure, I guess.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2014, 02:47:16 pm »

Not to step unto anyones toes, but... I find this quite offensive. You don't just take over someone's thread.

Making a new one of your own, with as much of a rip-off of the plot as you want to pay homage to the original is fine, but "this way" is quite devoid of good manners. ( Not that I would ever imply you would need to resort to ripping off other people's work, seeing as you are quite creative with your games normally. ) Eh, maybe I am just a grouch, but this kinda irks me. Dis/regard at your own leisure, I guess.

Really it is a necessary evil, either he takes control, or it dies silently, leaving a gaping wound in our hearts and minds.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2014, 03:50:25 pm »

I would agree with this. Unless you have permission from the GM, it would be preferable to continue the game in another thread if you really wish to.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2014, 04:45:55 pm »

If he's just going to do the same thing, why make a new thread? I realise it's somewhat rude, though.

+1
+1

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2014, 10:29:28 am »

If he's just going to do the same thing, why make a new thread? I realise it's somewhat rude, though.
For several reasons, not the least of which being that the rules of this forum give ownership of the thread to the creator, and so its rude to take over a thread without the creator's permission. Besides that, there have been a few RTDs which have changed hands, and the new owner inevitably creates their own thread for one reason or another, so you may as well make a new thread now.

Additionally, this game hasn't gone very far yet, so if the creator hasn't responded it makes much more sense to make a new game with a similar premise than to take over this one.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2014, 11:22:46 am »

No, on reflection I actually agree with you on this.  I overstepped some bounds here, and I'll pull back.  Better to leave this one be and hope Shadenight comes back.  To Shadenight, I also offer an open apology.  Just loved this game and didn't want to see it die.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]