Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Godhood VIII: Quills and Mythology - OOC Thread  (Read 25077 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood VIII: Quills and Mythology - OOC Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2014, 11:50:55 pm »

Too much !!Fun!! ?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2014, 10:08:47 am »

Turn's up!

I totally forgot to mention that I was moving, and would be without Internet for a while.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2014, 04:28:35 pm »

So I decided to write a really, really weird post. I had fun writing that post, it's sort of like an old-style fable. I'm trying to experiment with making godhood posts a little more like actual myths. Nambe's involvement might be a little tangential, but that's generally how gods were if they weren't the classic Norse/Roman pantheon sitcom style thing which is not how I want to Nambe to go. The reason for the off-screen act is to get a little political action going, because I feel about not interacting with other gods enough.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2014, 05:20:56 pm »

Even as the relations with Keluss grew sour, cults took a hold in the Empire, claiming that Galadrin was a manifestation of Radiant Sarthysin, for only one as devout as her could have inspired an Empire as great as theirs. The Order of the Mace declared such proclamations heresy, and hunted the cultists with vigor. Despite their efforts, however, many survived, and the Empire accused Keluss of sowing discord in their lands. As the tensions grew, so did their military efforts, and the Empire started construction on the Morning Bastion.

Soon after they did, disaster struck in Keluss, and the population started dying to a mysterious fever. It took more than a few days before members of the guard managed to trace the source to several of the city's wells. More interestingly, however, they discovered that some of those who had drank from the water had survived. Those who did had used vessels made of the colorful wood that was found in the swamps. Upon further experimentation they discovered that when water was scooped from the wells, the poison would simply drip through the vessels, leaving clean water. Thus Keluss replaced the buckets that were used to operate their wells with buckets made of the mysterious wood, filtering their waters.

That the city's population had suffered was not, however, easily forgotten. After the recent tensions, Keluss suspected that the Empire was behind the poisoning, and that they were seeking vengeance. Thus, they made public their accusation, and warned their steppe allies to the north of the enemy that lay to the west.

Several cults appear in the Empire, who believe that Galadrin is a manifestation of Radiant Sarthysin and thus worship her. The Order of the Mace tries to root out the heretics, but fails.
The Empire of Galadres blames Keluss for spreading lies among their subjects to sow discord.
The Empire of Galadres starts construction on the Morning Bastion, devoting most of the nation’s spare resources into gearing up for war.

Wells in Keluss are poisoned. After a portion of the populace die, people discover that vessels made of Radiant Sarthysin’s wood purify the water, removing all contaminants. Armed with this knowledge, the Kelussians recover and blame The Empire of Galadres for their plight.
Ahahaha oh wow, so many lols.

Years of devotion, watching the steppe and the swamp? Camped within the void, waiting for the spirits to sing to him? All for nothing? Couldn't be so. Wouldn't be so. But it was. And it would always be. He felt a rage within himself. "You're telling me that I spent away six years of my existence waiting for an answer that didn't exist in the first place?"
The insult was too great. The entire comedy of his life was coming to a stop and he could see the punchline. His honor would not let him return. After a false attempt at enlightment he would jump into the swamp, let the water steal his life, and watch the crocodiles feast upon his body. His next life would be better. Any life would be better. But this degradation, this cosmic lining of the stars that would allow his utter humiliation would not stand.
He grabbed Nambe by the shoulders tightly, like a brother would to his sibling, and then drew his forehead back. Before Nambe could even guess what was happening, he smashed forward and headbutted him. The spirit hunter lay on the ground, utterly in shock. Something had been accomplished that hadn't been accomplished before. A mortal had struck a God and had some effect.

There was silence for a while. Once again, Yishmael felt nothing. The stars, the sky, the earth, the moon. None of this had any meaning. Everything was a miracle and it was so disgusting. So unpredictable. Nothing made sense. Nothing ever would. He felt the call of annihilation and he had answered it. Nambe looked at him in the manner of one staring into the abyss.
Nambe teaches a few magical secrets based on the spirit world to a man named Yishmael. What he does with them is up to him, but as he is currently going through the closest thing to an anti-Nirvana it's probably not going to be good.
He sounds pretty devoted. I wonder if there's a god that rewards that with an improved ability to reach said goals  ;) :P
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2014, 05:24:22 pm »

Yishmael is probably the sort of person who goes under the radar of everyone he meets. He's that guy that everyone subconsciously appreciates but is never acknowledged. Notice how Nambe is sort of surprised to see he exists even though he's been living on the steppe for years trying to get interesting things to happen.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2014, 11:18:22 pm »

I like the elegy.

Also, is it too late to start referring to "The Voice of Ode" as "The Mouth of Ode"?

I find myself continuously wanting to use the term Voice of Ode and have it refer to his actual voice, not the follower. Changing the name feels a little weird now but it would make things easier on me in the long run.

Also it would enable me to start a body part naming scheme with future creations. :P
Sure thing peanut man!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2014, 05:25:11 am »

I often use multiple names to refer to the same being. If you start using the 'Mouth of Ode', I'll pick up on it too.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2014, 11:02:40 am »

I am taking a short break for 1-2 weeks. I'll be back to the world of Godhood afterwards. There are just a few more outstanding matters to fix before summer comes.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2014, 07:52:16 am »

I've had a horrible time, and life went downhill to the point where I care very little about most anything. I apologize for the time I've been gone. I am considering letting someone take over as the gamemaster.

Is anyone interested?
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2014, 11:42:26 am »

I've had a horrible time, and life went downhill to the point where I care very little about most anything. I apologize for the time I've been gone. I am considering letting someone take over as the gamemaster.

Is anyone interested?

Sorry to hear about that, Cae.  I hope the pressures end up being temporary, and things will improve from now on in.  I know what it's like to end up in a place where things stop really meaning anything, and it is unequivocally crap.  I don't imagine you will want to talk about it, but if you do I'm sure we're all happy to help/hear.

Also, I would offer to take over, but busy with The Valley/Pawns/Life at the moment.  :/
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2014, 03:42:12 am »

Thank you, Iituem.

I've always loved Godhood. But I just don't feel like I'm capable of running it now. I am sorry.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2014, 10:15:31 am »

Hope things get better for you soon and I appreciate the time you invested in entertaining us with your writing.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]