Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Godhood VIII: Quills and Mythology - OOC Thread  (Read 24831 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Godhood VIII: Quills and Mythology - OOC Thread
« on: September 08, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

Godhood VIII – Quills and Mythology
Out of character thread

Announcements
Summary of Turns

Godhood is a game which aims to combine creative writing and roleplaying, where players take the roles of a pantheon of Gods in a universe comprised of the so-called 'essence' and 'void'. The world in which the game takes place is young, ready to become the focus of the machinations of the Gods, who all pursue their own agendas.

Important Links
Godhood VIII Game Thread
Godhood VIII Wiki, player-run
World Map
PM Caesar

This thread is meant for discussions about the Godhood VIII forum game (both silly and serious), discussing one another's writing, and for comments from anyone with even the slightest interest in the game. It is also where you can make suggestions about the way the game is run or played, post the template of your god if you have been accepted to the game, and discuss my decisions or point out confusions. It is also home to the announcement and 'turn summary' post, which provide quick and useful information.

Old Godhoods
(Which I managed)

Godhood I
Godhood I Game Thread
Godhood I OOC Thread

Godhood III
Godhood III Game Thread
Godhood III OOC Thread

Godhood IV
Godhood IV Game Thread
Godhood IV OOC Thread

Godhood VII – Era of the Phoenix
Godhood VII Game Thread
Godhood VII OOC Thread

Game Rules

General
- I reserve the right to add rules to regulate acts if I believe that it is in the interest of the game.
- I may remove or add players to the game.
- You have the absolute right to criticize me and discuss my decisions and the rules.
- Never worry about unjust treatment in the game because of something you might have said to me out of character. If I would truly personally dislike you for something you said or did, I would remove you from the game and explain why, or discuss the reasons for my dislike with you. As long as you are in the game you will receive the same in-game treatment that anyone does.
- Even if I compliment you for your writing or imagination, do not expect different treatment in the game.
- Never, with ill intent, insult another player. If you do, I will either remove you from the game or demand a public apology. I may also report you to the Toady One.
- Everyone who is involved with the game is required to keep up-to-date with the game. Check the announcements every time you see something written in any thread related to the game, just to be sure that you do not miss anything.

God Character Sheets
- Every player who wishes to join the game fills in a character sheet for a god, conforming to the template provided below the character they will play during the game.
- For a sheet to be processed and added to the game, it must be sent to me by PM.
- The provided sheets should be added to the Godhood VIII Wiki and modified if any changes are made to the sheet.
- When applying for a vacant spot, try to create a god who (you think) would balance the existing pantheon as much as is possible.
- When creating your god keep in mind that the gods of Godhood are neither omniscient nor omnipotent.

Spoiler: God Sheet Template (click to show/hide)

Essence
- At the start of every turn, all gods receive 'essence'. The amount of essence the gods receive is based on..
  - .. the combined strength of their received worship (several fanatic cults could be just as strong as an entire moderately pious population).
  - .. their connection with the outlying universe and the overgod.
  - .. numerous other (secret?) factors.
- The gods can store their essence, up to a total of seven units. For every act a god receives beyond the number of seven they risk minor backfires. (Losing essence, uncontrolled acts.)
- Gods are allowed to have a negative amount of essence, but this carries great risks the further into the negative the god goes. (Failure to act, unintended side-effects, or even death.)
- If you are unsure about the amount of essence your plans might cost, send me a PM, and I will reply with an exact number. I will never inform you of possible repercussions when you go negative.

Acts
Form
- Acts are the divine 'actions' of the gods.
- Almost every act will consume essence. (One exception, for instance, is communication with other gods.)
- When you write an act, you should use whatever font or style you want for the in-character act, but then bold a short statement, like in the following short example.

Spoiler: Example act (click to show/hide)

Acts
Content
- Manifesting to mortals is free if it is part of an act for which the god used essence. It is also free to manifest to a select few humans, but not to large crowds. (So no (free) decrees to entire populations. Use   people to spread your word! Manifesting IN a crowd is no problem, as long as you do not directly influence that entire crowd.)
- Do not spend an entire turn solely manifesting to group after group after group of humans. At some point, this will start costing essence.
- Manifesting to notable characters (especially those who are already tied up in divine matters) is free. (As long as the god has an awareness of their location).
- It is forbidden to create new intelligent races.
  - Divine markings or blessings which pass down through descendents are allowed!
  - You may still try to create a new race, but it is guaranteed that the consequences will be severe.
  - Creating intelligent legendary beings is allowed! So feel free to create epic or mythological monsters (even those that reproduce), as long as they do not give me another large civilization to manage.
- If you are clearly overstepping your power I may say 'no' and cancel your act, or produce severe consequences (since you might overshoot into a huge negative amount of acts). If you are unsure about something, discuss it with me first!

Wiki
- The Godhood VIII Wiki will be managed by the players. Within our common goal of having fun with this game, this is your responsibility.
- As soon as something was posted its effects should be posted in the wiki.
- In the rare case that I might decide to negate an act, its results should be removed from the wiki.

Deadlines
- I will set deadlines for posts, updates or other matters within Godhood. Those deadlines are at all times open to debate, although my decision is final. Even if everyone wants me to post three days earlier, I will not give in if I cannot give in. However, if I can post and you (the players) demonstrate a preference to move the deadline, I will most likely oblige. So feel free to suggest it!
- If I violate a deadline, you have the full right to send me a PM and harass me in the OOC thread, once a day. Of course, if there is valid reason to move the deadline, you should seize the harass. This also applies to deadlines for the players.

If you think that the rules are unclear, feel free to ask for clarification!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:47:31 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood VIII: Quills and Mythology - OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:53:59 pm »

Announcements
Last updated: 17/09/2013, 20:01 (+1 GMT)

Original Post
Summary of Turns

This post will regularly be updated with any relevant information. If you are actively participating/generally interested in Godhood, make sure to routinely check this post for any updates.

Turn 1 is scheduled on 29/09/2013.
This might be moved back a week if the turn progresses quickly enough.

Godhood VIII started today (16/09/2013)!
Go ahead and post!

The following (players) gods got into the game:

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Remember that the rules for this new Godhood are different!
There is no summary of the changes. Instead, you should read all the rules and comment on them if you will.

The wiki has to be updated!
Please add the rules, all included links and change the contents where applicable!

We are still working on the map for Godhood VIII.
It is scheduled to be finished at 19/09/2013, but this date might be subject to change. I will be able to further advise the contents of the map if necessary for one's posts.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:03:13 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:54:15 pm »

Summary of Turns

Original Post
Announcements

This post will constantly be updated with any relevant information. If you are actively participating/generally interested in Godhood, make sure to routinely check this post for any updates.

Turn Two: Schemes

Turn One: Ambition
Turn Zero: The Keeper

Spoiler: Gods & Essence (click to show/hide)

Sheets:

Atilliano
Spoiler: Delatheia (click to show/hide)

Azthor
Spoiler: The Archspawn (click to show/hide)

Fniff
Spoiler: Nambe (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull
Spoiler: Wieland (click to show/hide)

gman8181
Spoiler: Ode (click to show/hide)

Harbingerjm
Spoiler: Radiant Sarthisyn (click to show/hide)

ragnarok97071
Spoiler: Magnus (click to show/hide)

Shootandrun
Spoiler: Hakkaros (click to show/hide)

Vagel7
Spoiler: Yahkuz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:00:47 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:56:19 pm »

There we go. The thread is now open to posts and discussions and after some minor adjustments, I'm going to catch up on sleep.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:34 am »

Okay which gods got chosen?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 11:49:31 am »

Holy shit it's another godhood.

Also a bit late for me to join probably :/ Agaaaain.

Assuming you did the recruiting on another thread or something.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 12:09:44 pm »

Okay which gods got chosen?

None yet. As I wrote in the announcements, I am still accepting applications.

Assuming you did the recruiting on another thread or something.

Sort of, but the 'recruiting' is not done yet. I have a list of players who take precedence for the eight slots that are currently open, but if they fail to submit anything I will fill the open slots with anyone else who decided to submit a sheet.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:11:57 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:00:10 pm »

Well, I've sent a sheet in.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 04:18:05 pm »

I already sent my sheet in.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 06:35:50 am »

I also sent mine in a few days ago.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 01:59:52 pm »

I am popping in to let you know that I received your sheets in good order and that I am still, of course, monitoring the game. The start of the game is still scheduled on Sunday!
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:18 am »

Work is currently being done on the map for this new Godhood. In the meantime, I'm sorting through the character sheets again.

(note the passive sense! While my skill with the pen may be highly respected, it applies solely to words and not to images. I found someone else, who actually knows what he is doing.)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 10:59:14 am »

(note the passive sense! While my skill with the pen may be highly respected, it applies solely to words and not to images. I found someone else, who actually knows what he is doing.)
Delegation is the key to successful leadership.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 11:02:40 am »

PTW and all that good stuff. Eagerly awaiting the start of this game, no rush haha :))

Edit: Also out of curiosity but will we be notified soon regarding whether or not our sent character sheets were acceptable or not?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:13:43 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 02:45:37 pm »

How are things going? (please tell us they're going well)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17