Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115]

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 145818 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1710 on: July 14, 2019, 07:36:38 am »

It seems Keen hired the guy from the mod I always praised here, the EEM mod. And now they announced a big update (that seems to already be in Beta) that will add things such as: Economy, Contracts (randomly generated missions), Static Shields (anti-griefing mechanism that takes power and money), Stores, [NPC] Factions and Reputation (more Rep more discounts, less rep more problems), and so on. This means they finally aim to turn Space Engineers into an actual Space game, I guess.

Having the EEM mod guy on their team seems crazy to me. I stopped playing the game due to EEM becoming abandoned/taking too long to be fixed, so it's great to know it's because they were working on putting most or all of it into Vanilla. The features EEM had worked in weird or awkward manners due to it being a mod, such as you needing to throw things into a Collector in order to sell, or weird ways to perform trade in general. It being taken to Vanilla brings my interest back - it gives hope to SE becoming more than a Space Lego.

Here's a video about it, with some clips from a dev stream.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 14, 2019, 08:35:14 am »

Wow... this might actually put SE back on my backlog, after having taken it off years ago after only a few hours because, as you succinctly put it, it was basically space legos simulator.
I guess I never looked too deep into mods for it, because I didn't think it could be so drastically improved with things like an economy.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:53 am »

SE is finally, officially, a bit closer to Empyrion on this front.

I've been playing with EEM lately and it's working smoother than in the past. Also replaying Escape from Mars as Rocket Raccoon, the half height engineer. What a trip it is. He's got the right hitbox.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:37:59 am by BigD145 »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115]