Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 223902 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1665 on: April 22, 2019, 11:59:12 pm »

Nope. You want Children of a Dead Earth.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 23, 2019, 12:23:49 pm »

Do you have a gravity generator sucking in loose ore?

Having gaps in a large ship drill wall is a problem (absent spinning and other cleverness, at least), but it's weird that you're not seeing damage to the conveyors too, so I'd be inclined to assume debris hitting the container from the side. Maybe through whatever those Os are.

No, no gravity generator, and I could absolutely see the gaps being a problem..... if it wasn't for the fact that a block completely surrounded by other blocks is taking damage. Some times the conveyor blocks take damage, sometimes they don't. But the cargo block behind the middle drill almost always takes damage tot he point of not being usable, while the blocks around it are fine. What physics allow damage to pass through blocks?!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 14, 2019, 07:36:38 am »

It seems Keen hired the guy from the mod I always praised here, the EEM mod. And now they announced a big update (that seems to already be in Beta) that will add things such as: Economy, Contracts (randomly generated missions), Static Shields (anti-griefing mechanism that takes power and money), Stores, [NPC] Factions and Reputation (more Rep more discounts, less rep more problems), and so on. This means they finally aim to turn Space Engineers into an actual Space game, I guess.

Having the EEM mod guy on their team seems crazy to me. I stopped playing the game due to EEM becoming abandoned/taking too long to be fixed, so it's great to know it's because they were working on putting most or all of it into Vanilla. The features EEM had worked in weird or awkward manners due to it being a mod, such as you needing to throw things into a Collector in order to sell, or weird ways to perform trade in general. It being taken to Vanilla brings my interest back - it gives hope to SE becoming more than a Space Lego.

Here's a video about it, with some clips from a dev stream.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1668 on: July 14, 2019, 08:35:14 am »

Wow... this might actually put SE back on my backlog, after having taken it off years ago after only a few hours because, as you succinctly put it, it was basically space legos simulator.
I guess I never looked too deep into mods for it, because I didn't think it could be so drastically improved with things like an economy.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:53 am »

SE is finally, officially, a bit closer to Empyrion on this front.

I've been playing with EEM lately and it's working smoother than in the past. Also replaying Escape from Mars as Rocket Raccoon, the half height engineer. What a trip it is. He's got the right hitbox.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:37:59 am by BigD145 »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 22, 2019, 11:51:21 pm »

So, since last we left Keen, there have been two new DLCs, and a substantial update.  I have to say, after having looked over the new DLCs, that Keen have their heads firmly situated on their necks and shoulders, and their feet planted on the ground.  The price points are completely reasonable, maybe even slightly underselling, the content really is "Just Cosmetic" in every sense of the concept.  There is no community divide, as you can play with anyone who has the DLCs without having them yourself.

Really, Keen kind of faffed about for a while and their earlier project, Miner Wars, was a failure, but I think that they're doing good work here.

I am guardedly optimistic to see what the future holds for them.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 23, 2019, 12:18:12 am »

You have to pay for the ATM and Vending Machine, which are not exactly cosmetic.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 23, 2019, 01:08:06 am »

To my understanding there is already a block (or blocks) that have their functionality, at least if posters on the forums and reviewers of the content are to be believed.

I have not had inclination or opportunity to try the economy update myself however, so if that is in fact not true then I will retract my statement about "Cosmetic Only".

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 23, 2019, 02:05:29 am »

The store block is free and has the same functionality as the ATM and Vending machine combined.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:33:44 am by deoloth »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 23, 2019, 04:30:06 am »

Then I stand by my previous assertion.  This is how DLC should be handled, sanely priced cosmetic elements that do not create a rift in the player community.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 23, 2019, 06:47:52 am »

wooow, I didn't think they'd actually pick up development again. this is really neat, gotta check it out when I'm not swamped with IRL stuff  :o

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 26, 2019, 02:10:54 am »

Really, Keen kind of faffed about for a while and their earlier project, Miner Wars, was a failure, but I think that they're doing good work here.

I for one kept the Keen hate for a long time due to Miner Wars, but if they keep pushing in this direction, it can be alright. I mean, I got more hours in their game than I like to admit.  :P
I plan on trying out the Economy Update tomorrow, since it's the kind of thing I love and want to see in games like this. I wish I had the attention span to try out StarMade properly, since it has NPC Factions and this sort of thing for a long while now, but I always give up on StarMade after building a huge miner. I'm not really a builder, so in SE and Empyrion I download and print Workshop ships and mod them to my liking or required use.

In any case, it could be interesting trying out a playthrough where refining and assembling takes forever, making buying ships from NPCs an useful thing.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 21, 2019, 03:05:34 pm »

Wanting to run a minor server for this.  Don't think I'll be able to make it 24/7, so it'd probably be best to schedule two or three hours of uptime we all jump onto the server daily/once a week, depending on which is better for people.

Here's a few different mods I'm thinking of putting on, though of course we could easily add far more.  World is listed in there, here's a direct link.  If you guys are really interested in doing some mad stuff, we could do a server rule of only thrusters in one direction, as aerodynamics and plane parts does make that possible.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 25, 2019, 11:04:52 am »

could be interested, depending on the hours since I'm in Europe (and I think most of the Bay12ers are American).

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 25, 2019, 01:38:00 pm »

I wouldn't mind. I can build cool things.

I'm EST and only on late at night though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114