Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game  (Read 27360 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:56 am »

A formal request
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ok. But you should put the countdown till the mass disaster into your posts :D
Ghosts are hardcore, yes. I think I'll take 7 masons/engravers when my turn comes.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2013, 12:06:29 pm »

I'm going to have a squad of 6 warriors on my turn with normal amounts of food and whatnot, no livestock except cats and a couple dogs and nothing but gear for our soldiers. The 7th will be a miner who will dig for us. The six will hold off the enemy as I dig new lodgings. Then I just play as normal with almost everyone as a warrior
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2013, 12:56:19 pm »

I tried that once with crossbowdwarf/hammerdwarf mixes, but the point buy for even copper armor is pretty huge when multiplied x4 even.  Kudos to you if it works.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2013, 01:29:20 pm »

I tried that once with crossbowdwarf/hammerdwarf mixes, but the point buy for even copper armor is pretty huge when multiplied x4 even.  Kudos to you if it works.
Screw pig tail fiber stuff, get silk! And also screw the wheelbarrow! And splints and crutches and medical stuff! And forget some seeds also! And we can forget plump helmets; we can just farm the damn mushrooms right after we're safe! What are we? Dwarves! We live! We fight! WE KILL! WE DIE! AND THEN WE DRINK BOOZE OVERTOP THE CORPSES! THAT IS THE WAY OF THE DWARF!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2013, 02:19:10 pm »

Considering your intentions for your turn I think you should make a near-perfect replica of Spartan society. Women and retired men do all the physical labor while all men immediately become conscripted into the military upon reaching age 16 and train 24/7. That way all non-military men can at least dust off their old weapons if a really nasty siege comes along and help out the younger folks.

The fort probably won't last long enough for you to do that but it's worth a shot.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2013, 02:28:56 pm »

Considering your intentions for your turn I think you should make a near-perfect replica of Spartan society. Women and retired men do all the physical labor while all men immediately become conscripted into the military upon reaching age 16 and train 24/7. That way all non-military men can at least dust off their old weapons if a really nasty siege comes along and help out the younger folks.

The fort probably won't last long enough for you to do that but it's worth a shot.
I'd make ALL the dwarves learn to fight, men and women. It'd be like Nordic society where women and men are warriors. Difference is that it would probably have random dwarves staying to guard the fortress while majority go to war

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »

Judging from the other posts I see you make on this forum I'd assume your into Norse mythology and culture.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2013, 06:11:27 pm »

Judging from the other posts I see you make on this forum I'd assume your into Norse mythology and culture.
Into is an understatement...

I think obsession is a better term

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2013, 02:19:22 pm »

Entry-05 Differing levels of madness

Death be damned, life be double damned.

To anyone who finds this and even goes as far to read this. You are the unluckiest bastard to come to this plane of existence.

With that said I'm Highmax, current mayor of this Hall. Not sure what it means to you, or even me, but it damn as well means something because I'm not dead yet!

The fact that I've even found the time to write this is a God send. My mind has been so numbed at this point all I can do is just put it down into words, so expect nothing less but words; as if I were to even try to explain to you the emotion's I've gone through in depth there would be nothing left but a husk.

I do have a few things to be thankful for however my wife and four children are alive for now. In fact every bone in my body tells me to escape this place, however aside from the fact a zombie horde now roams beyond the defensive ramparts; there is something else there keeping me from truly going overboard.

Enough is enough, onto to giving you a semi-coherent report atleast.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well things started to look up initially, Roshev had survived, the farms were starting to produce even! But sadly it just wasn't enough. Shortly after the goblin encounter, death wove its way into our halls. Truth be told after looking back at it now I cannot find what caused it.

Perhaps a goblin had slipped through our defenses as we recovered Roshev, or perhaps something had of a dark and evil nature had perpetrated into our deep tunnels. It could've been both, as people had randomly died in the memorial hall, and some even in the construction of the catacombs. I had even heard quiet and panicked utters of the return of ghosts, lusting for the blood of the living yet again.

Whatever truly caused doesn't matter now, what happened after those first few deaths did however. You see the Fortress was already uneasy, death after death, we still held strong. Exceptionally so, any other sane being would look at us with admiration. But it wasn't enough in the end as insanity started to infect our ranks. The death, despair, and most importantly the lack of booze had caused quite a significant amount of our population to go insane. They ran naked in the halls without whim or purpose, the world just a futile playground in their eyes, as they ravaged their bodies through disquieting carelessness. Roshev was first among the wave of madness, in fact, most to all of the founders went stark raving mad and found unfortunate ends; excluding the exceptionally hardy miner Balien who is missing his arm from a ghost attack, and Bealor a cook whose background is rather foggy.

But as time moved on, people now died from a mix of starvation and dehydration(mostly dehydration). If the food shortage wasn't bad enough, now people weren't attending to their needs at the well for reasons I'm not even sure of, and the plans for the new well had been shafted by the recent report from scouts that a Necro-lord has arrived.

Thus I have hastened the moving of bodies to the catacombs and the construction of the draw bridge, however the work is slow going, due to the food shortages, general insanity and miasma that attacks the workers on a daily basis. I'm not sure why the fortress hasn't died from a horrifying attack by our fallen companions, but it only causes me to worry more as to what may happen later down the road.

But I cannot stand this any longer, just writing this down as if it were a game of chess.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A funny thing had happened earlier, I had issued the construction of statues for decorative use. Well they were finished, most of them to my satisfactory were of great quality and diversity. But I noticed that each statue had been marked by Roshev, even his handwriting familiar to me.

I searched the halls, where the Dwarves went through their daily business if you could call it that. Miasma in the air, coughing moaning from starvation and a plethora of other reasons. Most however stay up in entrance hall, drawing grafitii over the memorials, and expecting a expedition from the Mountainhomes to save them. If anything will come through those doors to the surface now, it will only be death.

However I hadn't found him, so I queried my fellow Dwarves whom had but a ounce of sanity remaining. However to my disdain, they only cursed me away in hushed voices. While at the well a boy came behind me"I know where Roshev is, the others are scared to tell you, because they are scared of Roshev himself". I said"Would you care to show me?". A poor thing that child was, the vestige of innocence had long ago been stolen from those rare turquoise eyes, and now a meer cat's frown laid place where a smile of ignorant bliss should have been.

He scampered quickly through the halls, were these children to one day rule this place? Their minds but chalices that now held the stark and grotesque memories of Necrochambers? I quickly pushed away such thoughts as I followed the boy down the hall.

It was quite a short distance, surprisingly so, the boy turned back to me, and lifted his arm with emotion of a robot pointing towards the right. A stupid grin grew upon his face, and now the beggings of a foul fear started to grow from my bowels upwards. He disappeared admidst a crowd of passerby's, and I walked slowly to the Orthoclase door.

I opened it swiftly, miasma invaded my senses causing me to gag, but as I looked up something far more horrible awaited me. Dwarves played in the room of corpses sifting through it as if it were some sick perversion of an statue garden. Both adult and child alike scurried through the endless wade of corpses, laughs of indwarven joy bouncing off the necrotic chamber walls.

It was as if at that moment that Necrochambers had been compounded into this room, the entirety of its being, malice, and grotesque nature brought here to twist my soul into non-existence.

I stared for what seemed an eternity, then in my stupor of disbelief, I entered the room pushing and wading through the insane children and adults. There was no measure of time in that room, it now is ingrained into my memory playing over and over again. I found him, Roshev his corpses almost bones now in a berserk rage I clutched his remains shaking them in the air. I screamed"Lionvessel's! WHY! WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME!".

This place is truly death immemorial, it will consume the world...
(The Statues, I seriously ordered them after Roshevs death, I'm dead sure.)

(Heres his corpse in the momentary morgue, also all the people in there I searching for food, but hey this is Necrochambers, everything is f***ed up)

OCC:Wow this session has gotten interesting... Miasma is a constant people die trying to walk to the well, and constant messages of melancholy, beserking, and varying forms of insanity keep popping up. Well atleast the children are starting to die off, the bastards were half my population at one point!

Well I'm back, sorry for my unannounced absence, NanoWrimo got me by the arse so I didn't find the time to get back to this for awhile(Was lazy).

(for dworfing)
I have decided to go with a you get one life policy, makes thing more interesting for me.

Highmax, your guy is a beast. He is the first of his kind, with bucket loads of skills, including real good warrior stats, he could probably fight off 3 zambies at once and not get a scratch. However he has low morale right now(miserable 0) and probably won't make it as it is.

Also funny thing I discovered! I have crap tons of raw mussel in storage! Time to get a fishery up and cook the bastards!

I'll probably die due to tantrums at some point, but I'm alive so far and its fall now. But I might make it, if I have one dwarf left I'll keep dredging on. I have a plan to solve the siege but in order for it to work, I'll need atleast ten dwarves to survive the initial gauntlet of of beserking Dwarves.

So there it is, the usual madness in dwarf fortress, and bad assery. Will be more active, and will also have another post tomorrow. So Whats your thoughts on the Roshev thing? Have you guys ever encountered something like this in your games?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:28:19 pm by Geallen »

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2013, 01:58:28 am »

...Roshev's a strange case. I really have no idea what happened here. This is all getting really spooky; Necrochambers might be the nastiest and creepiest succession fortress to have ever graced a forum.

Too bad MD hasn't been online in a month. I think he'd have liked to see where this went.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2013, 04:37:52 am »

At this point Muffin, Necrochambers is shaping up to be the disaster of Boleteria(Demon Souls). Instead of a gray fog, its a cloud of miasma encroaching the world!

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2013, 10:05:25 am »

Miasma: First the refuse stockpile, then the entire fortress, and then the whole world!
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2013, 11:41:38 am »

It's like Yawgmoth's death cloud  :o

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2013, 01:39:34 pm »

Alright, my turn has ended. Lasted into winter, so almost 2 years in this hell hole. When it came down to the last 22 dwarves(all adults) they just starved/dehydrated to death due to bad moods; even though they may have kept on working.

So with that, the one day notice is up for anyone who is on the list, or wants to be added for the RM thread.

Wow my butt is hurt, if I had brought alot more plump helmet, and stopped dicking around the above world(for only like two times) it would have been a piece of cake.

So yea you have to hardcore turtle with an airlock, if you let Necrochambers touch you once in a bad way its BAD. Mostly due to the built up goblins running around. Thankfully my place isn't too trashed, and its rather centralized so anyone who wants to should be able to take over.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2013, 02:31:10 pm »

So... Peregarret is next?

Taking bets on how long he'll last! I'm putting down ten dollars that if he makes the year, most of his population is dead

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9