Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game  (Read 27451 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 05:11:20 pm »

Sorry, I missed the PMs. I'll take a turn after BlackMuffin.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 08:31:24 pm »

No worries. Just want to make sure the thread keeps moving.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2013, 02:11:11 am »

Just a notice that, depending on the Fun levels of this embark site, my turn may end up cropping up during my exam period. In which case I'll either skip, or have very slow updates. Hopefully some other people get nice long reigns of terror so I can run my turn during the summer break.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2013, 08:19:31 am »

Just a notice that, depending on the Fun levels of this embark site, my turn may end up cropping up during my exam period. In which case I'll either skip, or have very slow updates. Hopefully some other people get nice long reigns of terror so I can run my turn during the summer break.

Don't sweat it. Exams are marginally harder than dwarf fortress.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2013, 08:35:18 am »

Wait, summer break? Its just starting fall where I am (Canada) ???
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 06:45:53 am »

Unlike a DF world, Earth has two poles/hemispheres. I'm in the other one.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2013, 10:18:59 am »

Unlike a DF world, Earth has two poles/hemispheres. I'm in the other one.

That explains much

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2013, 07:14:25 pm »

oh god I'm far too lazy to actually reclaim and re-stock all the shit that's strewn about here.
I'll just use the stuff that's already lying about and construct some new shit while rebuilding this place.

Oh, also, apparently LEGEND died during the last bout of Fun that occurred so now he/she/it is now haunting the farm areas. sospookym8 ;-;

So I'm in the process of making them a memorial slab to pacify their restless moaning and groaning spirit.
Also, why the fuck are there friendly gobbies hanging around the fortress? I don't know if I should kill them simply because of race discrimination or give them the benefit of the doubt. :S
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2013, 01:32:32 am »

That's because of the embark reclaim system. They'll only attack when you hurt them/another goblin/something like that. Since they're thieves....I'd advise cage traps, drawbridges or just shooting them a lot.

In short, they only hate the guts of the people before your lot. For now.

Hughgee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2013, 02:41:44 am »

Those goblins might turn out as valuable assets. I had a run of the mill kidnapper cripple an entire siege offensive.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

Also, why the fuck are there friendly gobbies hanging around the fortress? I don't know if I should kill them simply because of race discrimination or give them the benefit of the doubt. :S

Oh wow, those gobbo's were taken prisoner during my turn. They must have gotten out of the cages somehow.
I'm pretty sure that they'll turn hostile again when hostile members of their civ show up. So try and keep them corralled. Also cage them and strip them of their precious, precious clothing, caravans love that stuff. Not that you'll be short of junk to trade when the time comes...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 09:49:16 am »

This fortress is getting really interesting...

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 02:55:22 pm »

oi m8 u fuckin wot

Seriously, you have not SEEN the amount of bullshit that's just strewn about here. It's so fucking toxic I could die, and speaking of dying there's at least twenty corpses lying in and around and inside the fortress. With only 7 dwarves here I can't just pick all this shit up and my OCD is making it so I can hardly even go one minute without puking by looking at all this shit that's not anywhere close to any stockpiles.

In any case, I'm also trying to figure out where all the stockpiles go and what this fortress's layout is. I'm also trying to figure out how to make the little dodging trap that MD started working on even better. I'm thinking ballistas and pressure plates. owo

Oh wow, those gobbo's were taken prisoner during my turn. They must have gotten out of the cages somehow.
I'm pretty sure that they'll turn hostile again when hostile members of their civ show up. So try and keep them corralled. Also cage them and strip them of their precious, precious clothing, caravans love that stuff. Not that you'll be short of junk to trade when the time comes...

So how am I supposed to cage them when they're just standing around without moving an inch? I'm not very savvy on cage traps or anything like that, I tend to resort to about ninety million weapon traps lining my main hallway right after the Trade Depot.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »

oi m8 u fuckin wot

Seriously, you have not SEEN the amount of bullshit that's just strewn about here. It's so fucking toxic I could die, and speaking of dying there's at least twenty corpses lying in and around and inside the fortress. With only 7 dwarves here I can't just pick all this shit up and my OCD is making it so I can hardly even go one minute without puking by looking at all this shit that's not anywhere close to any stockpiles.

In any case, I'm also trying to figure out where all the stockpiles go and what this fortress's layout is. I'm also trying to figure out how to make the little dodging trap that MD started working on even better. I'm thinking ballistas and pressure plates. owo

So how am I supposed to cage them when they're just standing around without moving an inch? I'm not very savvy on cage traps or anything like that, I tend to resort to about ninety million weapon traps lining my main hallway right after the Trade Depot.

Eh, they are thieves. They'll probably just run away when they revert to being hostile.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 05:43:19 pm »

<insert name here>, goblin, has settled in Necrochambers
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9