Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game  (Read 27465 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2013, 06:11:19 pm »

<insert name here>, goblin, has settled in Necrochambers
That would be hilarious
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2013, 06:13:50 pm »

I suppose if there was a way to make captive sentients trainable, it would also be doable.  While they'd revert to "semi-wild" after awhile, their kids would stay "tame" forever after, having joined your civ for good.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »

I suppose if there was a way to make captive sentients trainable, it would also be doable.  While they'd revert to "semi-wild" after awhile, their kids would stay "tame" forever after, having joined your civ for good.
Acutally, that would make perfect sense :o

Think about it: the children wouldn't realize what its like to be a real goblin, only dwarven influence. The "old" goblins would obviously want to return to killing and pillaging but their children wouldn't ever. It works!

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »

Doable via modding, I think.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:37 pm »

Considering it happens in world gen pretty much like that, I'm surprised it's not part of the vanilla game already.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2013, 06:37:23 pm »

Well, DFhack has the "tweak makeown" thing that flags any entity or creature as part of your population by turning them into pets.  I'm pretty sure *Masterwork Mod's* concubines are the same kind of entity. (But don't quote me on that - I don't know for certain.)  However, that makes them fully tame immediately, not like tamed animals that might revert without regular reinforcement.  Also, I don't know whether a sentient entity is listed as having "settled in" the fort after this has happened to them, or whether they're just replaced with a pet having the same qualities.

Still, you could use that on these goblins and they'd haul crap for you.  Re-designate their profession as "slave" and any new captureds, once stripped of their possessions, can be added into your slave pit burrows.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2013, 06:39:44 am »

Well, DFhack has the "tweak makeown" thing that flags any entity or creature as part of your population by turning them into pets.  I'm pretty sure *Masterwork Mod's* concubines are the same kind of entity. (But don't quote me on that - I don't know for certain.)  However, that makes them fully tame immediately, not like tamed animals that might revert without regular reinforcement.  Also, I don't know whether a sentient entity is listed as having "settled in" the fort after this has happened to them, or whether they're just replaced with a pet having the same qualities.

Still, you could use that on these goblins and they'd haul crap for you.  Re-designate their profession as "slave" and any new captureds, once stripped of their possessions, can be added into your slave pit burrows.

[ETHIC:SLAVERY:UNTHINKABLE]

Eh, I'd totally support enslaving gobbo's in this fort.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2013, 08:45:04 am »

Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2013, 09:17:48 am »

What are the slaves for? They won't do work, and throwing them into magma is possible without modding.
So - just do something funny with them. Put them into main diding hall and wait for them to switch hostile, for example.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2013, 08:48:49 am »

What are the slaves for? They won't do work, and throwing them into magma is possible without modding.
So - just do something funny with them. Put them into main diding hall and wait for them to switch hostile, for example.

I like doing what Deathgate did with them; keep a large amount of prisoners, let them keep their weapons, and then when the HFS starts breaking into your fort release them. Goblins vs Clowns is hilarious.

For bonus points, I guess you could put a necromancer down there to create a self-renewing army to hold off the HFS. Just make sure the necro dies eventually and the HFS win, 'cause otherwise you got a hell of a problem down there.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2013, 02:25:47 pm »

Just make sure the necro dies eventually and the HFS win, 'cause otherwise you got a hell of a problem down there.

A HELL of a problem! huehueueheuh

Alright, stupid puns aside, how should I go about imprisoning these two? Am I supposed to just put them in cages by assigning them to the "prison", or do I simply build a cage and then stuff both inside?
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2013, 08:42:06 am »

Just make sure the necro dies eventually and the HFS win, 'cause otherwise you got a hell of a problem down there.

Alright, stupid puns aside, how should I go about imprisoning these two? Am I supposed to just put them in cages by assigning them to the "prison", or do I simply build a cage and then stuff both inside?

I'm not sure if you can assign friendlies to a cage/chain. Where are they on the map? It might be better to just wall them off somewhere and wait till they turn hostile to use cage traps.

Also, thinking about it more, don't use the necromancer/gobbo thing. Undead are opposed to life, and demons are not living.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2013, 06:41:14 pm »

I'm not sure if you can assign friendlies to a cage/chain. Where are they on the map? It might be better to just wall them off somewhere and wait till they turn hostile to use cage traps.

Also, thinking about it more, don't use the necromancer/gobbo thing. Undead are opposed to life, and demons are not living.

Alright, one of them is outside but another one is indoors so it shouldn't be hard to keep him sealed off. I can easily just send my dwarves to kill the one outside to immediately make the one that's sealed off hostile. Simple, really.

And I wasn't intending to do the Circus vs. Zombies thing, either. :P
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2013, 08:57:08 pm »

Circus vs Zombies vs Goblins vs Dwarves vs Humans/Elves would be an epic tale though...

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »

oh god what the fuck

Okay, so I sent two of my axedwarves to fight the goblin standing outside after sealing off the one inside and the goblin immediately just slaughtered both of them.

Seriously, those guys seem to lift.

EDIT: I was ignorant and forgot to forbid the corpses of my military men and now she took out my mason too. What the jazz.

EDIT2: And now she just took out my metalsmith. fml

EDIT3: Oh, I also forgot to mention that I also got an immigrant wave of 7 people which contained 5 children. I'm not subject to much luck in this fort, really.

EDIT4: I'm leaving. A ghostly axedwarf just popped up and killed most of my working adults. Now nobody can make a slab quick enough to make it go away since they're all too buys "storing items in stockpiles". There's no hope for me now. I've decided I dislike reclaim mode. omo

So yeah, here's the save. Sorry I failed so quickly, but that shit was doomed from the start anyways.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8016
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:18:50 pm by BlackMuffin »
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9