Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game  (Read 27110 times)

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers - a Long Term Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2013, 05:03:11 pm »

I think we should probably rename this thread to "Necrochambers - an endless series of incredibly short bloodbaths".

So it looks like the first priority is to ensure NOTHING is claimed until you're ready to deal with massive slowdowns....and get the place sealed off to escape the nasties. And embark with like 4 people set up JUST to slab ghosts.

I shudder to think what this place is going to be like by the time it's my turn.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »

I think we should probably rename this thread to "Necrochambers - an endless series of incredibly short bloodbaths".

So it looks like the first priority is to ensure NOTHING is claimed until you're ready to deal with massive slowdowns....and get the place sealed off to escape the nasties. And embark with like 4 people set up JUST to slab ghosts.

I shudder to think what this place is going to be like by the time it's my turn.

Knowing my luck, since I'm right before you, its gonna be a fate worse then the nine circles of hell with Muspell and Hel thrown in the mix. And throw in Cthulu and other lovecraft stuff and that's what its gonna be like, if not worse
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »

PM'd TheDarkStar.

Why does everyone die so much.  :-\
If you really want to see a hellishly difficult reclaim, you should see Truthdoors. Home to 322 large, dangerous creatures, constant zombie migration and a reanimating biome.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2013, 03:41:28 pm »

PM'd TheDarkStar.

Why does everyone die so much.  :-\
If you really want to see a hellishly difficult reclaim, you should see Truthdoors. Home to 322 large, dangerous creatures, constant zombie migration and a reanimating biome.

You want difficult reclaim? Try necrothreat I after NAV got his hands on it with the severed head. Zombies everywhere, haxxors everywhere, trolls everywhere and necrothreaders reanimating god knows what

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2013, 08:17:54 pm »

I personally made the mistakenf trying to reclaim all the forbidden items outside right off the bat.

I still slap myself everyday for that. OmO
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2013, 07:22:41 pm »

...is Darkstar even participating at this point? It's been almost a week now and nothing's happened.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 09:24:55 am »

...is Darkstar even participating at this point? It's been almost a week now and nothing's happened.

I'm waiting till tomorrow to skip him. A lot of people have really busy weeks.
EDIT: We're skipping. PM'd Geallean.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:50:24 pm by MDFification »

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2013, 04:14:48 am »

Whoah just got back, and on the nick of time! Completely forgotten for about 2 weeks. Whelp, time to see what I've gotten myself into.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2013, 10:04:59 pm »

'bout fuckin' time Geallen.

I think this thread was just on the verge of dying anyways, but meh.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2013, 05:48:05 pm »

Well I just got a peak on Sunday and WHOAH! Lots of Terminal fun took place here! I think at this point its wise to start fresh and dig out my own fort at this point with all the gore, litter, and potential for demons lurking in the damned thing. Today or tomorrow I will start posting on whats going on. With pics, and story to boot! Huzzah!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »

Huzzah!

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 07:31:18 pm »

Hazzuh?

In any case, I'm glad this thread is revived. Seriously, I liked it a lot just because of the intensely swift !!FUN!! everyone experiences here on a regular basis.

...and it's good to see you enjoy the ruins I left behind for you, Geallen. <3
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »

Entry 1: The Mountain Homes

I am Geallen, one of the many skilled Blacksmiths based here in the Mountain Homes. You may ask, what business does a smith have with writing!? I get this all the time from my fellow, and unfortunately ignorant companions. A Blacksmith learns the Dwarven language so they may brand their works with their name, as to prevent another blasphemous Human or Dwarf from claiming it was forged by them! And also to engrave *Troll Bane* or *Boatmurdered ftw* if the customer demands it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now onto the real reason for starting this entry. I have been based within the mountain homes almost since its founding, working the forge. With my skill and devotion, the lord thought me to become a legendary smith any time soon. It has been 5 years since I achieved master smith, and not once have I received a vision from the beyond to create the impossible, the magnificent, or even the perfect!

I prayed to the gods for guidance every night, begged, showed them that I Geallen was a worthy vessel. The dark chapel walls remained silent, the statues stared. But never was there an answer to my prayer!

On one of my lunch breaks with Roshev, my miner friend we were talking about the potential use for platinum in a Warhammer; when I started to over hear a well known merchant talk about a cursed place. His beard rumbled as if in fear when he spoke"Last spring we came to Necrochambers, and not a soul to speak of, the halls are empty, and we only heard the sharp cry of the crows above! The place is damned I tell you, there was more we saw, but so blasphemous so incredibly evil; that I had forgotten so I wouldn't be traumatized by the experience." it sent shivers down my spine many halls of late have come to this conclusion. But the way this man expressed the story, and how short he had made it; only emphasized how truly malevolent Necrochambers must have been.

That night I had decided to retreat to my quarters earlier than usual, as the days work had taken a toll on my mind and body. I went under the covers, and quickly darkness swelled over my vision.

Appropriate Music :D

There in the rolling landscape, was the inlaid Mountain Hall, at first glance the engraved walls, and drawbridge that was the entrance was normal. But I looked around, and across the the rolling flatlands precious metal, and stone craft alike littered in vain of purpose. A few corpses even here and there, now but sprigs of calcium entrenched in the grass. Then I flew past the sordid entrance into the halls. I glided through the traps like a wisp of wind no one knowing the better.

But then I went down a floor, the madness that was Necrochambers truly bursted into view, countless twisting stair ways with no real purpose dotted my vision, any true sense of architecture lost upon me as the miasma of death, and Gothic stone artifices sent me into confusion. I was forced deeper know by something else of non-Dwarven nature; deeper into the horror, the Dining hall was a maze of chairs and table, not a single morsel of logic remaining in what it had become. The billowing halls dotted with corpses preserved through time, rotted black, its essence invading my nose.

Now the litter seen on the surface was present in the dark foreboding halls, the inanimate items bearing no meaning through the passage of time. Their owners purpose long gone, in the necrotic chamber, that was Necrochambers.

But when I thought all else couldn't become worse, I was forced through the solid earth deep where the Miners of my Mountain Home would never venture. And there I entered the acrid chambers of the magma seas, sparkling with the wondrous hue of blue steel. On my own I came closer to the aura of metal, enticing me like a Siren to a Human. Then I was pulled into the abyss beyond the Blue steel. I fell for an eternity, a deep isolation driving me mad. Then I hit the hot and unforgiving rock at the bottom, the shattering pain filling me to the brim.

I slowly stood up, and realized I was surrounded by pairs of red orbs, intently staring back at me. Then I felt death.

I surely thought that it would end there that I was actually dead, but now I was above the land called Necrochambers. I saw myself and my friends we dug into the small spire of rock east of the horrid halls. And through labor we created something awe-inspiring, a hall of mind blowing complexity.

To survive and thrive in this land you don't simply take the place of the predecessors, you feed upon them like a crow to a corpse. Taking the morsels of food home, to a  safer place so your child could grow.

Indeed this would be...

An Artifice of Crows

This was Armok's command.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2013, 04:32:32 pm »

Good gods... The music and the way how you described that sent chills down my spine :o

Excellent work! I expect great things from this. Good luck!

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2013, 09:40:07 pm »

OCC: Well I didn't get much done, however so far so good. I think making excuses is worthless, so I'll try to make more time for Dwarf Fortress and hopefully get a post on Friday before I go hunting. Also if anyone wishes to be dworfed, let me know.

Entry:2
I am not one for dates, I'm certainly not a Record Keeper or Farmer so don't expect such things from me. We have finally made it across the deafening winds, and steep inclines of the mountain in one piece.  With only a greater challenge before us. My 6 loyal companions hadn't failed me during the journey, I can only hope this continues through the darkest hardships to come. The Settling party as it is.

Geallen(MasterSmith)

Roshev(Miner)

Balien(Miner)

Eliza(LumberJack, and to be Militia Captian; full time that is)

Donovan(Farmer and Expedition Leader)

Khouri(Mechanic, also my lover this doesn't bode well for me, perhaps I should put her in the military...)

During the harsh trek, my friends had turned over the leadership to Donovan, his skill in herbology saved us. Damn him! He may have helped a little but it doesn't make him the wisest of us all! I'm the one who was commanded by Armok to lead!

When the land of Necorchambers was visible to all, even Eliza stared in disbelief. It had been as Armok had showed me in that fevered dream. The riches of an entire Mountain Hall had been torn asunder across the barren lands. To make it even worse, upon arrival Eliza had to take up arms, and give chase to Rattle snakes. From the stories back home, these slippery bastards are distant cousins to the Goblins.

Our spirits rose however, as Roshev and Balien squared their shoulders, and carved our new home into the rock side. I myself had a hand in the design, and later we will continue to expand upon it.

Entrance

Workshop/Storage/Temp Dinning Hall(To be hospital)

Hope fully the dinning hall will be finished soon, as half of our number dangerously venture into the abandoned fortress to eat. Donovan is a horrible leader to allow such things to go unchecked! I must find a way to usurp him, or use him!

A migration wave of 13 came! At first I was excited, until I found out that ten of the migrants were children! Who in their right mind would bring 10 children into this hell hole!? Well aside from the worthless mouths to feed, atleast the three adults are actually useful. A farmer, ranger(Both might barely make it up for all the new children), and finally a Miner!

More is planned for the future, a dormitory, farm and larder. The basics have yet to done, and the two drawbridges should get hooked up soon. It is time I get back to work, for I feel the shivers go through my spine every time I walk out into the barren wasteland. Soon there will be danger, and the only thing to stop it will be a few meters of brick, and prayer!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:07:37 am by Geallen »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9