Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: (Mecha-FEF) The Reawakening(IC): Chapter 1  (Read 25662 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
(Mecha-FEF) The Reawakening(IC): Chapter 1
« on: September 14, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »

OOC Thread Here Do not put OOC stuff in the IC thread!

Posts should be formated as
Normal text for fluff, descriptions, and other micellanea
Colored Text for speech
Bold text for actions
Movements in battle should be formatted as X,Y

----

It is the year 516 A.E. in the Post-Fall Era. Two years ago the Vediran Empire, self proclaimed successors to the Arthoran Empire of old, declared war on the Kingdom of Tresk in yet another of their attempts to conquer the continent and reforge the old empire.

Since then, the war has fallen into a stalemate. The Vediran armies have been pushed back into the mountains, and both sides have started to become starved of resources. In desperation, nearly all of the elite pilots and warriors of Tresk have been assigned to help keep the Vedirans from progressing any further, despite the encroaching Gaiakin cycle. In their stead teams of mercenaries and rookie pilots have been given the duty of protecting the cities and roads of Tresk from the beasts, lead by the few veterans who have been allowed to stay back.

One such town is the village of Kern, located in the northeast of Tresk. Relatively isolated from other populated areas, its defenders are commanded by Captain Flint, a mercenary who has worked for Tresk many times in his career.  On this day he has called for the pilots of Kern to meet in the tavern, where they now await his arrival…

Sacha Overbeck, Cora Ysgra, Kester Utheris, Kayle Hakidonmuya, and  Aqi Sayen are In!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:12:11 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: (Mecha Based FEF) The Chronicles of Arthora: The Reawakening(IC)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:01:10 pm »

"Hey! Yeah, so what've you guys got to drink? Uh-huh. Okay...what was that other one again? With the red honey? Yeah, I'll have some of that. Flint'll pay for it."

The somewhat over-confident man takes the ale, sniffs in deeply, and takes a drink. "Not bad at all. Like it, actually. I'll have to see how the Beetle likes it." He was, of course, referring to his Argoth, who actually had a garden in it, and he had found that alcohol actually made the plants grow a bit stronger and healthier. Just part of the strangeness that surrounded the whole thing, he supposed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »

A rather uncomfortable looking boy, native to Hexsis and quite different-looking than most of the others, began to speak quietly in Hexsite- but realized his issue and stopped, speaking instead in Arthoran.
:"Oh, right, I'm not in Hexsis anymore. Er... Right..."
Aqi stops for a while, awkwardly.
:"Right, so what kind of job do you think we'll end up in? I've not exactly done a real job before."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:21:15 pm »

Cora leans against the bar, an air of confidence about her. She mostly just listens, but glances at the boy when he speaks up.

: Not to worry, likely we'll just be on patrol Aqi, the Captain is probably just making a lame attempt to boost morale with another one of his tangents.

Cora smiles lopsidedly.

: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it hardly matters either way whether we're fighting monsters or walking circles 'round the wood, it'll still be boring as all hell.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »

"Hardly matters? It matters immensely. I want to see these abominations tear each other to shreds. We are here in order to..."

Sacha paused for a few seconds as she glanced towards the door while she mouthed something to herself.

"What I mean to say is that we are defenders of this city. We'll be expected to do some combat but it should not be too rough. Frollo will protect your abom- Ahem, your argoths."

Glancing around she sighed in resignation before she turned to the barkeep

"I suppose I'll have... the cheapest thing you have. I don't really drink. Do you have water?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »

Cora waits for the rude man to finish, then rolls her eyes, mumbling to herself.

: Remind me to forget my lance when he's getting his arms torn off.. So, how long have you all been pilots?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 10:29:30 pm »

"I am a woman actually." Sacha replies non-chalantly. It was not the first time she had been mistaken as such. Probably had something to do with the helmet she assumed."I don't quite recall how long it's been though... Being alone tends to make one. Sacha paused again as she mumbled to herself "Well mostly alone at any rate. My point is that I spent quite a few months or years unaware of the passage of time. I'd say... four? Five? Ten? I have no idea. Frollo though has been around for centuries he assures me. So I guess my point is that he's more than capable of keeping us all alive. How about yourself... Aqi?" More mumbling "Sorry... I meant Cora.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 02:54:37 am »

A woman was slumped over on the table

:"zzz"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 07:48:31 am »

Aqi stares at Sacha and then forces himself to tear his gaze away lest he attract her attention.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 10:24:53 am »

The doors to the tavern swung open as Captain Flint strode in, another pilots from Kern named Gryke alongside him. He slowly walked over to a table in the and laid out a map on its surface before gesturing to the pilots to gather around.

"Alright everyone listen up."

"...And somebody wake up Kayle"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 11:02:18 am »

"Hey kid... Wake up. The Captain's here."

After waiting a mere second Sacha reached over and shook Kayle briefly.

"Please?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

Kayle opens her eyes

:"What is it, Sacha? Oh, hi captain." her eyes remain half closed. You lot know this is her alert state.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 11:54:01 am »

"Whatcha need, Cappy?" the man asked brightly. Kester was a bit more informal than many, as evidenced by his feet on the table. However unorthodox he may be, though, he was good at what he did, and besides, he piloted better when he was drunk. It was harder to predict where he was going, since the Argoth ended up lurching around as drunkenly as he would have.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 11:59:37 am »

"Drunk on the battlefield is not the way to be boy. Are you sure you're ready for an assignment?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 12:16:55 pm »

"Oh, what do you know? The Monger gets along fine with alcohol and so do I! Besides, it's only been two mugs. That's not drunk. Not yet, at least. Give me another two and I'll show you drunk!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35