Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: (Mecha-FEF) The Reawakening(IC): Chapter 1  (Read 25914 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: (Mecha Based FEF) The Chronicles of Arthora: The Reawakening(IC)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 12:37:40 pm »

Flint sighed and rubbed his temples with his hand before looking back down at the map.

"Last night a group of travelers passed through the village. They were so helpful as to inform me that they had spotted signs of a Gaiakin not to far from here. They reported a path of crushed trees and scorch marks on the ground that intersected with the road."

He gestured down at the map which showed Kern and the surrounding terrain, circling an area about a quarter of a days journey out.

"If what they saw was true, then the beast would have to be somewhere in this area. If we're lucky if may just pass us by, but we can't take the risk of it attacking Kern."

"That is why I'm sending the five of you out to seek out and slay the Gaiakin. Gryke and I shall stay back at Kern in case of an emergency. Any questions?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 12:46:42 pm »

Kester stands up and stretches, twisting from side to side. "Nah. Me and Carsin'll go do some Recon, find where it is, get back to you guys. Okay? Stay on stand-by; we're good, but we're not that good."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:42:43 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 01:07:17 pm »

Kayle turns to Kesister
:"If we leave it, it will be someone's problem. Best take it out while things are quiet and not have it attack while another Gaiakin is attacking."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »

"You are to stay within communicating distance of each other. I don't want any of you to be caught alone by it. No matter how fast your Argoth is, there's a possibility that it will be too swift for you to outrun."

Flint turned to Aqi

"Aqi, I understand that this is to be your first Gaiakin hunt?."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 01:53:59 pm »

:"Uh, well, yes."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 02:15:31 pm »

He slowly nodded before continuing

"Be warned then, Gaiakin fight nothing like Argoths. Their bodies are granted with reflexes almost three times faster, and are fully capable of fighting even when greatly outnumbered. I expect the more experienced among you to cover for him."

Flint began rolling up the map and stood up.

"You're to leave in an hour. If the Gaiakin is still on the move it may leave the target area if too much time is lost. Gryke, follow me. We're expecting a new arrival soon and need to make preparations. The rest of you are free to go"

"Yes sir."

The two of them left the tavern, heading towards the large stone building where the Argoths were stored.

}}Prologue: Monster Hunting{{
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:38:02 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 02:49:43 pm »

Kester jogs off towards the building, ahead of the others. He calls back over his shoulder, easily making it the structure in a few minutes.
: "See you at the site, guys!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »

Cora hops to.

: Ready?

She grabs a bowl of salted dates from the counter and pours them into Kester's drink.

: Let's hunt!

She dashes off to prepare her Argoth.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 04:02:20 pm »

:"Alright, alright, here we go, here we go!"
Aqi jumps off of his seat, stumbles because he did so, then runs off a bit too fast towards Shawsusque.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »

With small grin Sacha stood up slowly before she followed the others. Her slow movement hiding her excitement.

"It's time Frollo. You, me, and those other beasts. It's finally our time!"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 04:27:20 pm »

As the group entered the Argoth Bay, the machines could be seen situated side by side, separated by black marks painted on the walls. Beside each Argoth were a pair of quickly assembled wooden scaffoldings with small drawbridges leading to various points on the machines, and a crane to lift parts into position. Behind them were also large racks to place their weapons when not in use. A window had been opened into the walls above Carsinque allowing sunlight to fall onto the plants upon it's back. On the Southern wall was a colossal gate to be opened when letting the Argoths out, and a smaller one on the Eastside from which parts could be brought in from the Forges.

Gryke and the Captain were off in the corner of the Bay, directing some of the town guards and the forge workers in clearing machinery and discarded metal and wood off of the smooth stone floor.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »

Mount Faller Core.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 04:30:37 pm »

Kayle walk toward the Argoths
:"Tick tock, Chronos, time to ride."
Hop into Chronos
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 04:51:44 pm »

Kester climbs up a few ladders and runs up a make-shift staircase, finally hauling himself up a rope, then hiking through several dozen feet of what was essentially forest sprawl, across the Argoth's back, before reaching the head and dropping himself in. A shower of dirt followed him, coating the moss and new-growth on the floor. Walking up to the chair, curiously made out of what seemed to be living wood molded into the shape and smoothed, he settled into the controls. Unlike many Argoths, the screen runes were not inscribed into glass, but rather carved and grown around in the living wood that made up the inside of the cockpit. He dumped out the dregs of his mug(his personal one, that is) into a small garden of flowers to the right, then grimaced at the dates that had fallen out. He brushes some vines away from the controls, then flips on the communications. Several status wards pop up, indicating everything was green. He must have started that automatically, because he didn't remember beginning the boot-up spell sequence.
: "You guys are jerks."

Carsinque begins to lurch into motion, and dirt rains from it's joints as it stands, great jaw opening and closing as Kester went through a systems check. Finally, it oriented itself to the exit, and lurched forward, haphazardly at first, before settling into a steady loping pace that made great speed over the open ground.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:58:37 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 04:55:45 pm »

Aqi continues to awkwardly sprint until he reaches his scaffolding, clambers up it, nearly falls off but catches himself (having exceptional reflexes), and then continues moving, albeit slower, until he gets to the cockpit of the dark blue mech. He enters the cockpit which is pitch black until a single lighting rune pops on, bathing the cockpit in a dull blue light. Aqi runs the startup checks slowly and unsurely, but he does get the checks done, and the cockpit is lighted now by green-blue as everything shines well. A small window opens up to the outside.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35