Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Dead Linger  (Read 5163 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Linger
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 05:07:18 pm »

Very curious to see what people have to say about what this game actually managed to be.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »

Very curious to see what people have to say about what this game actually managed to be.

I did a quick Youtube search, and here is some gameplay (uploaded today). Before you click though, understand that THIS IS DEFINITELY A VERY EARLY BUILD.

Overall, first impression is that this is a better Fort Zombie. It has potential, though.

http://youtu.be/BlqeeBT3p3Y
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 05:18:48 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 05:44:37 pm »

I know it's procedurally generated, I'm mainly wondering whether that means they procedurally generated a world and that's the world you play in, or if they have an engine to procedurally generate a world every time you play.  For planet-sized worlds that seems a little out of reach.

It proc gens a new world every time you play. Watch the latest dev vlog.
Pages: 1 2 [3]