Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 277

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 809604 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3570 on: March 15, 2020, 02:45:08 pm »

a single psychic soothing stick for emergencies.
I didn't realise dildos were a thing back at the beginning of the 20th century, but apparently they have existed for (probably) tens of thousands of years.   
The more you know!   

Sigged. For the record, Rimworld is set in the year 5500 at the start of every run. It hasn't been tens of thousands of years since the invention of dildos in yet in Rimworld's setting.

I think Yoink is referring to their use in real human history dating back thousands of years. Supposedly there are sex toys that date back well into the stone age.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: March 15, 2020, 03:11:29 pm »

For as long as there has been a hole to fill, mankind has endeavored to stick anything and everything into it!  Actually surprised recreational sex is such an oddity in the animal kingdom considering how we're all wired.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: March 15, 2020, 03:44:18 pm »

For as long as there has been a hole to fill, mankind has endeavored to stick anything and everything into it!  Actually surprised recreational sex is such an oddity in the animal kingdom considering how we're all wired.

Sex takes a lot of energy, an insane amount, so it makes sense to biologically limit it to procreation and procreation makes sense to be seasonal so childbirth coincides with an increase in available food.

There's a surprising number of creatures that die from the exertion of mating. Quoll males shag themselves to death during mating season.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: March 15, 2020, 04:10:11 pm »

Also worth noting that there are plenty of species that have ended up evolving down a path of adversarial sex (if that's the right term). E.g. spiked this, armored (or even decoy!) that.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: March 15, 2020, 04:21:56 pm »

A reminder that I fucked myself over by needing to use THE FORBIDDEN MOD for my next run, all because I failed a self-imposed last 2 digits challenge, using the discord message ID divided by 2. It turns out that I'm just as lucky as I was during the last XDiv mission I did.
it's over

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: March 15, 2020, 04:26:24 pm »

Fuck
What it even does? There is nothing to look at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: March 16, 2020, 06:24:06 am »

One mod that can help 'naturalize' settlement planning a bit is Open The Windows - allows natural light and (with supplement mods) outdoor beauty to matter and they work as shootin' holes if you open them, but at the same time it makes your pawns more demanding of outdoor exposure and of beauty (if using outdoor beauty supplement). The three pics it has on the mod page do a good job showing what it does, honestly.
Ooooh, that sounds real interesting. Will look into it!   

My current base is a hodge-podge of dug-out caves mixed with built-on parts, with the whole mess growing fairly organically depending on what's needed and how much rich soil I want to enclose for farms. I haven't been playing too much lately, though.   
A lot of my old forts have tended to be outdoor settlements with multiple houses/buildings, though. Once or twice I built a really cool, streamlined, military camp-style colony in a thick jungle, enclosed by chainlink fences and (I think?) razor wire, but that was back before the fence mod I was very fond of became defunct. RIP.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: March 16, 2020, 08:17:15 am »

Fuck
What it even does? There is nothing to look at.
Apparently, it makes manhunter elephants rape your colonists. WAHAHA! ...Where is my brain bleach?

Insatiable thirst for power. And batteries. And i didn't even started on robots yet. At least "need more components (c) Cultist" problem is temporarily solved by space battle event, which gave 100+ components in ship chunks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:22:44 am by MCreeper »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: March 16, 2020, 08:25:30 am »

and toilets (hygiene mod)

I am not alone!

edit: 10 boomrats wandered in yesterday. Three are already pregnant. Do I have to fear an boomratsplosion?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:30:35 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3579 on: March 16, 2020, 08:39:28 am »

and toilets (hygiene mod)

I am not alone!

edit: 10 boomrats wandered in yesterday. Three are already pregnant. Do I have to fear an boomratsplosion?
I usually cull all boom-critters once it starts to rain. Assuming you have regular rain.

My AI colony is up to 15 copies of the original android, 5 of them organic sock puppets. They have a nice little life living in their bedrooms, sometimes they're sent out to wipe out and abduct others. I've become the raiders that randy used to send against me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: March 16, 2020, 08:44:37 am »

I want to use them in the defence of my colony. I'm training them all into attack animals and is hoping for a glorious Charge of the Boomrat Brigade moment

edit: they're 19 now. My colonists are finding it hard to do anything else than train boomrats
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:51:25 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: March 16, 2020, 10:10:31 am »

I want to use them in the defence of my colony. I'm training them all into attack animals and is hoping for a glorious Charge of the Boomrat Brigade moment

edit: they're 19 now. My colonists are finding it hard to do anything else than train boomrats
Works fine until the first one dies and the chain reaction kills the rest.
So don't use them against ranged attackers.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: March 16, 2020, 10:29:31 am »

Finally some raids! I don't know how many I ended up having (probaly 19+[less-than-a-season-is-able-to-produce), but after two raids and firey infernos I am down to five.

Poor tribals. And they thought our boomsticks were bad.
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: March 17, 2020, 04:31:57 pm »

I was finding myself paying less and less attention to my android colony while playing, so I've decided to shift to a different run.

Rimworld of Magic and the medieval storyteller from the Vanilla Expanded series should be interesting.

Playing as a lone Necromancer called Isaias, building a little stone house in the middle of a forest with just a horse and two freshly made zombies for company.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: March 18, 2020, 02:39:12 pm »

Legua got her leg shot off by a shitbot