Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 812368 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3585 on: March 18, 2020, 06:14:40 pm »

Legua got her leg shot off by a shitbot

the prophecy has been fulfilled

Reminds me of the time I had a colonist who got sniped in the head by a lancer, and only lived with her head getting dropped to 1 HP all because she was wearing a steel simple helmet. Wear your helmets, kids. It'll save your life against murderbots that somehow have less morals than the average RimWorld player. No refunds if they don't save colonists from angry insectoids.
it's over

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: March 19, 2020, 04:52:42 am »

Toxic fallout.
Ok keep everyone and the animals inside, I was gunna sell all my plant overstock to buy more meat, but thats fine the animals can eat it.

Cold Snap
...ok custom race has terrible cold tolerance but I'm keeping everyone inside from the fallout anyway, I'll just crank up the radiators.

Mechanoid cluster with a mortar.
Ok fuck you Pheobe, yer supposed to be the nice one.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: March 19, 2020, 07:23:47 am »

Legua got her leg shot off by a shitbot

the prophecy has been fulfilled

Reminds me of the time I had a colonist who got sniped in the head by a lancer, and only lived with her head getting dropped to 1 HP all because she was wearing a steel simple helmet. Wear your helmets, kids. It'll save your life against murderbots that somehow have less morals than the average RimWorld player. No refunds if they don't save colonists from angry insectoids.

As Starship Troopers (the movie) taught us, when dealing with angry insectoids, the helmets are still important to protect from friendly fire incidents. Remember kids, always wear your helmets in a live fire exercise.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: March 19, 2020, 07:26:46 am »

As dwarf fortress taught us, a good metal helmet is all the protection you need from spiders.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: March 19, 2020, 05:46:40 pm »

Ok fuck you Pheobe, yer supposed to be the nice one.

Phoebe suffers from bipolar disorder, and she does nothing for several months which makes you question if your game is broken, before sending two hordes of pirates with sappers who will dig through your defenses while simultaniously giving your entire colony stomach parasites because they didn't wear appropriate protection while eating ass. Don't use her for a storyteller. Cassandra is just hardcoded to regularly check the amount of trees on the map while spawning alphabeaver swarms if there's at least one tree on the map after checking. She can go fuck herself.
it's over

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: March 19, 2020, 06:04:14 pm »

Marvel at my inept attempts at building defenes!
Yeah that will... die horribly.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: March 19, 2020, 06:10:49 pm »

murderbots that somehow have less morals than the average RimWorld player.

Well, the murderbots are amoral while the players are immoral.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: March 19, 2020, 08:16:03 pm »

Though the mushroom creatures from Alpha Animals are the most morel of all.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: March 19, 2020, 08:39:42 pm »

Is that a centaur mod?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: March 19, 2020, 08:44:33 pm »

Shown there, Alpha animals, vanilla weapons extended, and Centaurs (continued) EDIT:Livermor and Chrom are members of a wip mod race.  I figured the thing would attack immediately so I brought backup for the centaur.  Instead I ended up chasing it across the map burninating it, extending the pain and suffering Culise forced upon it.

Save an innocent mushroom creature, don't make mushroom puns :P

EDIT: @ Pisskop its raining on the map right now and those mushrooms are really tanky and I don't want to slowly kill one of those things without my flamethrower.  As soon as it stops raining on the map another will die in your name.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:05:29 pm by Greiger »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: March 19, 2020, 09:00:17 pm »

So thats a grizman, and not a spore-adic coincidence? A hy-men-ium and a bear against a spore-bear-er?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: March 24, 2020, 05:00:57 pm »

Lately I've been having a more fixed schedule for my colonists. 9am-5pm work, 8-9am is a recreation hour, 5-7pm is more recreation, and the default sleep schedule. I feel like more work per day gets done than when they get to do whatever they feel like.

Wondering if anyone else has a proper schedule for their pawns?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: March 24, 2020, 05:16:52 pm »

Lately I've been having a more fixed schedule for my colonists. 9am-5pm work, 8-9am is a recreation hour, 5-7pm is more recreation, and the default sleep schedule. I feel like more work per day gets done than when they get to do whatever they feel like.

Wondering if anyone else has a proper schedule for their pawns?

Sleep 8 hours scheduled so that there are 4 blocks on either side of the schedule. Two hours recreation in the morning so they can fill up on sleep and satisfy however much recreation they can afterwards, Work 6 hours, recreation 2 hours, work 6 hours.
My night owls work the same hours but rearranged so they sleep during their bad times but share a break with the day crew.

I find that not only do they get more done they see to their needs better and form better relationships.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: March 24, 2020, 10:48:28 pm »

A long-term resident fuckoff-heug bear that lived in the grove of trees north of my tribe got brain cancer and died.
A young puppy who, for whatever reason, lived its early days drinking all my psychite tea got kidney failure.  in both kidneys.
During a famine, I sold off 3 boomalopes that had bonded to our animal trainer.  You know, as opposed to taking them outside during a rainstorm, lassie-ing them, and eating them.  Now I get a nice -60 morale penalty for a fuckin' year.

This game
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 278