Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 812427 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3690 on: November 22, 2020, 07:46:42 pm »

It never ceases to amaze how games can bring out the worst in people.

Though I do like keeping spare lungs around personally, just in case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: November 23, 2020, 02:50:57 am »

I'm playing with a scientist in a mountain base commanding the largest droid army he can muster. Some raiders drop podded into the heliport and one managed to wound the scientist, the only organic pawn I'll allow myself to have. Thankfully he survived and the perpetrator was taken alive. Once the good doctor healed he removed the offenders hands and feet and vivisected him. Every day the doctor stops by to  treat his vivisection with top tier medical care to ensure it stands no chance of killing him. Every so often he's given wake up or go-juice to ensure there are moments of lucidity in the unimaginable agony.

The man will never die. When the game grows dull his insides will be put back where they belong and he'll be sent tottering off on a pair of peg legs bearing the gospel of the Mad Mountain: If you're going to shoot the devil you better not miss. 
Welllll - he didnt miss.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: November 23, 2020, 02:55:04 am »

I'm playing with a scientist in a mountain base commanding the largest droid army he can muster. Some raiders drop podded into the heliport and one managed to wound the scientist, the only organic pawn I'll allow myself to have. Thankfully he survived and the perpetrator was taken alive. Once the good doctor healed he removed the offenders hands and feet and vivisected him. Every day the doctor stops by to  treat his vivisection with top tier medical care to ensure it stands no chance of killing him. Every so often he's given wake up or go-juice to ensure there are moments of lucidity in the unimaginable agony.

The man will never die. When the game grows dull his insides will be put back where they belong and he'll be sent tottering off on a pair of peg legs bearing the gospel of the Mad Mountain: If you're going to shoot the devil you better not miss.

First - wtf I know this is DF forums w/ elven genocide and all that but that's horrifying lol

second - what mods are providing your loner scientist with a droid army?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3693 on: November 23, 2020, 06:49:39 am »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 23, 2020, 07:34:21 am »

I'm running androids for the robots and war crimes expanded for the vivisection. I also have bioreactors to power the base and prison labor and quarry to force a collection of kidnappees to labor in the pits, kept in line by emp relays implanted in their brains to easilly stun them if they revolt.

I like being a scrappy underdog but when you're the villain your eventual destruction is something to look forward to.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: November 23, 2020, 08:13:06 am »

I'm playing with SoS2 and threw in an advanced ship with a heavily cybered ultranaut crew. I started a small settlement and have brainwashed snd converted captured would be raiders to a cult yo the Great Old Ones. I'm also planning a raid in a neighbouring tribe because I need slaves. That uranium for my ship's reactor is not going to mine itself you know. Though tbh my main concern is refining enough chemfuel from my oil fields to keep the ship's stores up and be able to avoid conflict. The base is set over a huge oil field so its no big deal, and I have three geothermal generators so I'm not spending any on power generation. Just whatever I send into orbit and fuel for my helicopters to trade with the neighbours
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 08:15:15 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 23, 2020, 09:02:40 am »

Just tame some boomalopes and you will be set. Even better to grow some mechalopes from Genetic Rim  as you don't need to feed them, like at all.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3697 on: November 23, 2020, 09:16:12 am »

My chemfuel comes from genetically modified prisoners.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: November 23, 2020, 10:08:04 am »

I, too, infected all my prisoners with gonnorea
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 24, 2020, 03:31:47 am »

I don't have the steam version, so I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of potential war crimes here. Luckily, I found a Japanese site which re-uploads Steam mods with Japanese translations.

Unfortunately it seems I'll be playing these mods in Japanese now.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: November 24, 2020, 03:44:35 am »

I don't have the steam version, so I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of potential war crimes here. Luckily, I found a Japanese site which re-uploads Steam mods with Japanese translations.

Unfortunately it seems I'll be playing these mods in Japanese now.
*cough* steam workshop downloader *cough* May be unreliable there, though.  ::)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: November 26, 2020, 12:11:54 am »

Rimworld workshop stuff can be downloaded quite reliably using a few different tools, including github.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: November 26, 2020, 01:38:48 am »

Just managed to set up several QOL mods using a steam workshop downloader, thanks for the recommend.

Might do a deep dive on Morrowrim once I get bored of tech.

Much later Edit:
This might be the first time I've genuinely had fun in Rimworld in ages.
Playing with Hildegaard (I think?) storyteller - who prefers raids and manhunters over other events. Much appreciated I'm not dealing with bad weather and sicknesses constantly.
Lone psychopath researcher who keeps recruiting the Androids (Android Tiers) she knocks out.
Got a nice base made of pretty stone bricks mined and cut by the ever-growing workforce of androids. Still haven't researched how to make my own, but working up the tech-tree.
Also, I had two humans hang out for a month to dodge some trouble. They were acceptable workers except they kept insulting my researcher and then just before the end of the quest, one of the ODed on some Flake I didn't know they had and then fucking died making me fail the quest.
Androids are now wearing human leather clothes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 08:38:35 am by delphonso »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: November 27, 2020, 02:58:51 pm »

Androids are now wearing human leather clothes.
That's very Rimworld-y of you.

... I was going to just say that but I feel like it would be a lackluster post, so I'll just drop this here. It's an in-development (but currently playable) mod called Rim War, and evidently it makes the game kind of like... Mount and Blade? It basically makes all faction vie for global conquest. It sounds interesting and I've been wondering if anyone has tried it already.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: November 27, 2020, 04:26:26 pm »

I've been running it in a game, but not too far along yet. Seems interesting so far, but we'll have to see how it goes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 278