Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 813261 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3870 on: August 30, 2021, 12:41:34 pm »

Looks like Ideology just updated with the additional functionality of being able to choose a barebones ideoligion (one meme) at the start of a playthrough, which can then develop over the course of the game by spending points (earned by completing rituals) to make changes and additions until the ideoligion becomes a lot more complex. The previous option of just making a complex ideoligion from the start is still there, too.

It's not quite the "natural" evolution of ideoligions that a lot of people wanted when Ideology released, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, and it simplifies ideology choices at the start of a new game a bit should you choose to use it. I think it's pretty neat.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: August 30, 2021, 02:36:00 pm »

Yeah, I'll be interested to try that out at some point.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: August 30, 2021, 04:11:10 pm »

Looks like Ideology just updated with the additional functionality of being able to choose a barebones ideoligion (one meme) at the start of a playthrough, which can then develop over the course of the game by spending points (earned by completing rituals) to make changes and additions until the ideoligion becomes a lot more complex. The previous option of just making a complex ideoligion from the start is still there, too.

It's not quite the "natural" evolution of ideoligions that a lot of people wanted when Ideology released, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, and it simplifies ideology choices at the start of a new game a bit should you choose to use it. I think it's pretty neat.

Tbh this is probably the best of both worlds, not as processor heavy -imagine tracking ALL the stuff that could develop- and it allows for more roleplay stuff.

Now if we could get an option to skip creation entirely would be nice, sometimes I wanna play not atheist colonists, but areligious people and have them adopt things later.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: August 30, 2021, 05:45:23 pm »

I believe they added that in a patch already -- when I start I new game now it asks me whether to play "Classic", like in the olden days, or take a two-meme preset ideology, or customise, and as of today -- "fluid" ideoligion.
Love, scriver~

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: August 30, 2021, 06:14:36 pm »

I believe they added that in a patch already -- when I start I new game now it asks me whether to play "Classic", like in the olden days, or take a two-meme preset ideology, or customise, and as of today -- "fluid" ideoligion.

and have them adopt things later.

I think those last few words are the important ones. He still wants to create an ideology, just not immediately. Classic seems to remove it entirely.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: September 05, 2021, 03:48:01 pm »

Had a defoliator(formerly poison) ship drop. Luckily far away enough that my food crops and devilstrand fields were out of its maximum effect range. With it were about half a dozen scythers and two pikemen. I had planned on waiting to research and set up mortars(using classic mortar mode, because screw that barrel nonsense), but I got attacked by tribals. Twice in two days. Both were breachers, the second being a pincer attack as well. This put pretty much everybody into bed for a while. Been days since everything has calmed down and I still haven't cleaned up all the blood. Took days just to get the guinea pig/megasloth pen clean. It was mostly the megasloth's.

Saw a chance when a trade caravan from a friendly outlander faction showed up. Had one guy shoot at the ship to wake the mechs, then ran back to the caravan. The scythers chased, and were gunned down. Two of the outlanders were downed, and it looked like there was a small civil war in the the process. Patched up both for significant relation gains. Stole a shotgun one of them dropped. Sent Aoi, who has a high-quality gladius and a shield belt, to deal with the pikemen. She killed them, but still hasn't fully healed yet.

On a side note, I've noticed that the Character Edit mod can inflict any status, including pregnancy. I haven't tried it on my colonists since that would probably crash the game.

EDIT: Should I be seeing biocoded weapons on raiders even though I don't have the Royalty DLC?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 06:51:10 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: September 06, 2021, 12:07:27 pm »

I believe I saw them before I got the Royalty DLC
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: September 06, 2021, 12:18:04 pm »

Biocoded weapons were added to vanilla around the time Royalty came out, IIRC. What Royalty adds are persona weapons, which similarly to biocoded gear can only be used by a single person.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: September 23, 2021, 02:20:47 pm »

In my current Rimworld game, when making my Colony's ideology, I decided to set marriages to "Unlimited", to see how far down the polycule Rabbit hole it's possible to descend.

Long story short, I accidentally created a love triangle between my Three colonists: two Women, both best friends with each other, and the man that married one of them and received a proposal from the other on the same day, before the marriage ceremony had even concluded, only to be rebuffed, and resentful over the fact that her best friend and ex-lover are now together, and she has no-one else besides them, and she feels that yer man has taken her best friend from her, etc. etc. etc. I don't even know if the polycule ideology made this situation better or worse at this point, all I know is that the love triangle is all too real, and two of my Colonists want to murder each other now.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: December 08, 2021, 03:19:45 pm »

Ehh, mooonnney...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are not girls, we are pockets.  ;)
It's first time i have this much at once. May lay down a silver floor somewhere. Or actually spend it on something.

I'm not quite sure about that, but would anyone be up to Rimworld succession game? 15 days per turn, no reloads. I played one of those once, and it was fun, although i wish other players would be better as persons. Kinda stumped on mods\dlcs, though, part because it is everyone's LEGO box. I like stuff Royality adds, but main feature would be terribly unfitting there, so i'd just disable empire. Ideology maybe could work somehow. High tech stuff tends to come in very late even at saveloaded circumstances, but some wouldn't hurt, i guess. Rimworld of magic may end really stupid really fast and is stupid in general (even if i play with it right now  :P). Some stuff from Vanilla Expanded could be snatched. Weeb shit is probably out the window, cause not everyone likes weeb shit. QoL stuff is always welcome.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: December 08, 2021, 03:36:39 pm »

I could be interested in a succession colony
Love, scriver~

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: December 08, 2021, 07:59:42 pm »

Skimping on mods like never before, i produced this short list. Sod Ideology, too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note - never played with misc. incidents and don't know what's in it. Wanted to put in Genetic Rim instead of Alpha Animals, but turns out it wasn't updated to 1.3. Going to wait for two more players before creating a thread.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #3882 on: December 08, 2021, 09:43:02 pm »

Skimping? ???

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: December 08, 2021, 10:04:20 pm »

Skimping? ???
Wrong word. :P Cutting mod list down, of course.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #3884 on: December 09, 2021, 01:25:02 pm »

I knew what you meant, but that's still a page of mods :P
Not to imply there's a problem, but I don't know if I'd really describe it as just QoL ;)
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 278