Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 278

Author Topic: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress  (Read 813742 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: RimWorld - basically the sci-fi Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2160 on: December 30, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »

Interesting; I'm not familiar with some of the mods, but I don't think there are any that should affect Prepare Carefully.  What does appear in your Prepare Carefully screen when you go to the Health tab of any particular pawn?  You said earlier that the Add Implants doesn't include all implants; does it have any implants at all (vanilla, particularly, but also any implants added by other mods), or are all of the implants completely missing? 

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 30, 2016, 08:14:07 pm »

This is what shows up: http://pasteboard.co/geSW3Jaks.png

As a sidenote: I disabled all mods except EPOE and prepare carefully and it STILL didn't work
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:18:10 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2162 on: December 30, 2016, 08:55:08 pm »

Update your version.
Via Steam workshop comments
edbmods  [author] Dec 24 @ 12:17pm
I've released a fix so that bionics/implants from EPOE and other mods will appears in the list of those available in the Health/Implants tab.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: December 30, 2016, 09:40:10 pm »

I just had to put down a chicken, because it somehow got into the medical storage and swallowed a Luciferium. The storage area was outside the area my chickens were allowed into as well, and I wasn't aware that chickens can that sort of thing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 30, 2016, 09:48:08 pm »

Yeah animals love drugs now and they aren't afraid to ignore zones to get at them. It needs some tweaking because unlike in DF there's no way to stop animals from opening doors.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 30, 2016, 10:03:13 pm »

Update your version.
Via Steam workshop comments
edbmods  [author] Dec 24 @ 12:17pm
I've released a fix so that bionics/implants from EPOE and other mods will appears in the list of those available in the Health/Implants tab.

:/  he did not update the non steam version apparently...

(my main problem with rimworld steam is that it works foul with workshop when offline
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 30, 2016, 11:02:01 pm »

Ah, that is an issue; the non-Steam compiled release is two versions behind the Steam release, and while the other change is pretty minor, this one is the fix that you need.  It appears that if you can compile it, the Github source is up to date.  If you can't compile it, well...hmmm.  You can download the Steam workshop version, copy it out of the workshop directory, and paste it into your mod folder.  In fact, since I do happen to still be subscribed to the Steam version (even though I'm now using a different, Romance Diversified-compatible mod version), I think I can do just that.  I'm not sure how he feels about it being distributed outside of the Ludeon thread or Steam workshop, so I'll send a link via PM.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 31, 2016, 12:21:27 am »

Yeah animals love drugs now and they aren't afraid to ignore zones to get at them. It needs some tweaking because unlike in DF there's no way to stop animals from opening doors.
Strange o_O
I usually make my zones be VERY room-conforming (as in it doesn't include the walls and only the space within), and animals strictly stay within that yellow box. I have had to include doors to get them to adjacent areas/to let animals who've strayed outside due to my 'let all free' button for grown hauler dogs get a path back inside :P

Maybe you're designating freely? (DF devs have the GREAT idea of 'room crawling designations', wherein the room designation 'crawls' along the interior and doesn't include walls, and doors only if designated open, which I do believe Rimworld can gain a lot out of...instead of 'designate giant box and let free') x.x

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 31, 2016, 09:10:58 am »

Strange o_O
I usually make my zones be VERY room-conforming (as in it doesn't include the walls and only the space within), and animals strictly stay within that yellow box. I have had to include doors to get them to adjacent areas/to let animals who've strayed outside due to my 'let all free' button for grown hauler dogs get a path back inside :P

Maybe you're designating freely? (DF devs have the GREAT idea of 'room crawling designations', wherein the room designation 'crawls' along the interior and doesn't include walls, and doors only if designated open, which I do believe Rimworld can gain a lot out of...instead of 'designate giant box and let free') x.x
It's not that they'll drift outside the boxes regularly it's that occasionally they'll just say fuck it and go nom some of the very expensive penoxycyline you just bought. They don't seem to go very far outside though.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 31, 2016, 11:51:53 am »

That is weird.  My base is mass producing psychoid, penoxycyline, and mar smokeleaf and I have a large pasture of boomalope and my animals are not going after any of my drugs.  Not even the wolves who have free reign around the place for hauling.   Maybe it has something to do with restrictions?  I did change the default restrictions for people to only take recreational when their mood is low.  and penoxycline is only administered by the doctor manually.

If my animals started eating my drugs that would definately put a damper on 'Greiger's High Explosives and Mind Altering Substances Emporium'
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:55:37 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2170 on: December 31, 2016, 12:44:24 pm »

Seems to me that animals tend to go for the nearest edible substance that matches their diet, but I'm not certain what diet classes have drugs.
Could be that the zone restriction is lifted if there is no edible food within a certain distance when they trigger feeding.

For my bases (that bother with husbandry) I always set up a zone of animal food(s) right next to their sleeping area, and usually a second one just outside the door to the fridge.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 31, 2016, 03:56:03 pm »

Please delete this post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:07:53 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: December 31, 2016, 04:31:32 pm »

Someone, somewhere, at some point in the future is going to google 'sniper rifle can't craft materials' and find your post.  They'll hope for an answer, but you didn't provide one.  They'll only see "Problem solved" and they won't know how to solve it...

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2173 on: December 31, 2016, 04:32:59 pm »

I would guess they're in a restricted/unallowed area? Other than that, I couldn't really guess for that specific error.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 31, 2016, 05:49:08 pm »

Someone, somewhere, at some point in the future is going to google 'sniper rifle can't craft materials' and find your post.  They'll hope for an answer, but you didn't provide one.  They'll only see "Problem solved" and they won't know how to solve it...
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 278