Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: "CivCraft" Minecraft Server: Dwarven Stronghold of Dumathoin  (Read 22588 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: "CivCraft" Minecraft Server: Dwarven Stronghold of Dumathoin
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 08:39:58 pm »

Making the trek to Dumathoin as we speak. Balls but there is a lot of ocean in the way; only lost one boat to squid attack so far.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 09:45:58 am »

Ditto!  This immigrant (Cynrh) made it to the outpost, and even saw Monk while exploring it.  In two nights of exploring, you were the first player that I had seen!  Sorry I didn't stop to chat, I had assumed you were a neutral and didn't want to accidentally lead anyone to any secret entrances or anything.  Was the end of my night anyway.  Looking forward to seeing the main dig.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 08:48:45 pm »

Ha, that's cool, Goldminer collected me. The collection itself was an experience, since it involved walking halfway across the world, winding up in a neat surface town (well-appointed, unpreposing) from where you enter the hella secret entrance which does not directly open onto Dumathoin, but instead onto the 18 minute tram ride to the fortress through thousands of meters of rock and cavern and abandoned mineshaft and holy balls but that is a long trip. Screenshots don't Dumathoin itself any justice, either; crazy nice place. Gonna hop back on in a bit, do some more exploring, then maybe make myself useful somehow.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 10:07:59 pm »

*Sees pictures*

I'll be right over. I'll just have to see if I can find it...

Coordinates would be appreciated.

WARNING: BRAGGING AHEAD
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can do anything that needs doing. Are there just empty rooms I can claim? And do we have a fortress administration?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:40:37 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2013, 12:11:43 am »

This looks fun. Perhaps it should be the new invasion server?

Edit: For people who don't know what I'm talking about, Bay12 attempted to establish a settlement on a server. We were semi-successful.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 10:01:14 am »

Just a note guys, do not post co-ords in the thread. The exact location is a secret.

Plenty of empty space. Administration is Goldminer as King, and thats it. Don't fight about it, he earned it. He dug most of the place out by himself in 2 months. Otherwise, ask people, which is me and most of the CivCraft natives.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:29:20 pm by werty892 »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 11:12:54 am »

Got the coordinates last night. I'm amazed he was still online. I'll be around later today. I spawned on basically the opposite side of the map, but I've found the road networks.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2013, 11:17:24 am »

Tip from someone who died three times on the way; if you find a swamp, snatch up any mushrooms you see to make stew with, and make sure to craft a sword so you can kill any animals on the way for food. The spawns are pretty random, too, so if you have no items worth keeping just kill yourself until you're on the right half of the map. Also, bring wood for boats, there's a few oceans/lakes/whatever.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 02:31:07 pm »

A helpful farmer lent me some bread and potatoes. don't worry, I replanted. And I found some trees (ditto) that hadn't yet been cut down to make a boat or two. I should be good for the journey.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »

Kids, the tower of Nether Portals is NOT a jungle gym. You WILL fall really far and die. And if you were particularly stupid, you may have moved your bed for aesthetic reasons and now need to walk forever to get back.

*cough*

On the plus side, my apartment is looking spiffy! It has, like, carpet and things...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:53:57 pm by monk12 »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »

Kids, the tower of Nether Portals is NOT a jungle gym. You WILL fall really far and die. And if you were particularly stupid, you may have moved your bed for aesthetic reasons and now need to walk forever to get back.

*cough*

On the plus side, my apartment is looking spiffy! It has, like, carpet and things...

Brings back sweet memories...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2013, 06:24:34 pm »

So, is there a Bay12 settlement on this server yet?

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »

Call me interested! PTW.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2013, 08:31:04 pm »

So, is there a Bay12 settlement on this server yet?

*cough*

The city everyone is talking about?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2013, 09:00:24 pm »

Just got myself established in an apartment, and intend to work to convert the lowest layer to cobblestone. After that I'll settle in collecting wood and other such things. Wood in particular seems to be running short.

Also, I like how there is this big huge hidden entrance to the fortress rail network (which takes like 15 minutes to ride all the way :o) and just a little door on the surface above it that leads directly into the heart of the city.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7