Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: "CivCraft" Minecraft Server: Dwarven Stronghold of Dumathoin  (Read 22586 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: "CivCraft" Minecraft Server: Dwarven Stronghold of Dumathoin
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »

Guys... There's a sign in the [Redacted] nearby that mentions us and says where to look to get in, but not how. The gates to the forest, farms and water aren't exactly hidden either.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

Build the troll house, then change the sign so that it points towards the troll house instead.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2013, 09:22:55 pm »

I can also volunteer to join the Blackbeards, but I don't have mumble yet. Will that be a problem? I do intend to get it set up eventually, as soon as I can get my hands on a cheap mic. Actually, can I just use my laptop's webcam? I cover the thing as a matter of course but it does pick up sound as well.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2013, 11:14:52 pm »

Aaaah, cool; yes your initial description didn't sound at all like them, but annoying that the two groups have the same name no? :3
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »

(snip... meant to be a PM)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:58:35 pm by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2013, 02:29:11 pm »

I can also volunteer to join the Blackbeards, but I don't have mumble yet. Will that be a problem? I do intend to get it set up eventually, as soon as I can get my hands on a cheap mic. Actually, can I just use my laptop's webcam? I cover the thing as a matter of course but it does pick up sound as well.
Yeah, I use my laptops mic and it works fine.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2013, 07:54:13 pm »

Did some PM'ing and the sign was a false alarm, so no worries folks. That one's my bad.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2013, 08:12:30 pm »

How is XP earned on this server? I see there's some kind of "bottle XP" mod, but I don't see what's been altered in terms of gaining it in the first place.

Also, say hello to the newest residents of Dumathion, Mr. and Mrs. Rockadoodle.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2013, 08:22:23 pm »

How is XP earned on this server? I see there's some kind of "bottle XP" mod, but I don't see what's been altered in terms of gaining it in the first place.

Also, say hello to the newest residents of Dumathion, Mr. and Mrs. Rockadoodle.

Its hard. I've working on it, and what you need is a cauldron, which is part of factorymod, and lots of plants.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »

This looks fun. Exactly how would I join the server? TYPO WHOOPS. Also, reread OP, dumb question is dumb.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:59:59 pm by Elephant Parade »

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2013, 09:11:01 pm »

This actually looks really interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to check out the server this weekend and migrate to Dumathoin. Its been a long time from when I last played good ol' survival. 

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2014, 11:44:47 am »

Bumping this to note that the Dwarven Invaders Minecraft group reclaimed this fort, and you can find it here. If anyone who's reading this was a mod in the Citadel group, it would be nice for you to come on and add this.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2014, 06:19:15 pm »

Listen, goldminer, if you're reading this, I know that you and TheVanGuardian broke into the vault and stole a bunch of valuables. If you're pissed about us moving in, we can arrange some sort of compensation. However, that does not excuse your theft of about 3 stacks of Diamond Blocks worth of goods.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2014, 06:23:05 pm »

Seriously?
What an asshat, he hasn't returned any if my messages on reedit and has generally ignored us...
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]