Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 31777 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank
« Reply #555 on: October 20, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »

Bump to the rump.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:46 pm »

PTW and BUMP!
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 22, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »

[Squad]

The low hum of knitterbeams would be a comfort to the wounded heavies, who would get back up, hunker down, and lay a wall of fire down. Alexandria, waving her repair gun in the general direction of the armored figures to her side, frantically worked on attaching energy packs one-handedly; after a few moments of healing, she swore and let the repper drop as she worked, switching from heavy to heavy. Aria, after having assisted with the healing, would turn and open up on the Drone Rush, punctuated by hurling grenades into the mass. While it wouldn't kill all of the Drones, the massed formation would break up and scatter, the surving eight racing around in ever-tightening spirals, evidently aiming to do hit-and-run paired attacks.

With the application of heavy firepower over the heads of the incoming Assault squad, the Juggernaughts, already reeling from the application of explosives and pulsed shots, would start pulling back towards the Titans. It was at this moment that Markus decided it was HAMMER TIME; moments later, what had been four Juggies was down to one, who was steadily retreating towards the Titan. It was obvious that Markus would reach the Titans before the Juggie would.

The Commander-daughter was experiencing a certain second-stomach-churning that the Hivemind had attributed to stress-intuition-danger. The battle-situation-combat was different than the usual pirate-primate-antics. She buzzed angrily, not trusting this at all. A timeless moment of mental communion occured, and order-dictates flowed. Spiked thoughts flowed forth into the bodies of the Drones, and through the neural implants of the human-primate-slaves, flooding the Drone-finger bodies with hormones and the gray-meat-brain of the primate-slaves with certain chemicals and electrical impulses.

The sole Juggernaught turned and fired on the Titans, head buzzing from the chemical cocktail that had flooded his brain. That particular silvery-spider feeling in his head told him that there was glory in the Harmony, that the Unimproved-Caveman-Human who was not Ours was the Captain and that to kill him would end the battle. A feral grin on his face, the Juggernaught over-rode the safety settings and CHARGED, drugged-out mind hardly noticing the bones shattering with each jarring stride. Forget the weapons - he would simply pick up the Caveman Captain, hold him out front, and smash right into a Titan just to hear the SQUISHY sound.

Out of the corner of his eye, Markus would most definitely notice the fact that the previously slow Juggernaught was going fast. Unhealthily, jet-assisstingly, balls-out, right-directly-towards-me manner. Evidently, he wouldn't reach the Titans first. A beam the thickness of your average tree trunk missed his head by a few inches. The shot would keep going until it hit the walls of the holdfast, and would leave a deep, smouldering pit in the substance. Given that the wall was made of combat-rated industrial compounds that could withstand heavy rocket fire without a scratch, it was a serious hint as to the power of the new and improved Titan energy weapon capacity. His command module would try to analyze the weapon. Aside from the unhelpful "If you get shot, you probably die" warning (something he had quite figured out on his own, thank you) it quickly pumped out that said weapon's targeting system was easy to detect.

A sudden beeping indicated he was being targeted at this moment, and he dropped to the ground. The second turbolaser, having missed the prone Captain, would continue to obey physics, proceeding to neatly bisect the incoming Juggie and continue out of sight. Unfortunately for Markus, the unit still didn't know the recharge time for the weapon, although said data would immediately transmit to the friendly forces.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 23, 2013, 07:50:29 am »

Aria continues to lay into the Drones with her weaponry, trying to wipe them out.

"This is too easy. I thought these guys were supposed to be tougher? Aria chuckled over the team radio.

*Sees Turbo laser damage to wall*

"Meep" Aria says, meekly.

If Aria manages to defeat the Drones, keep an eye out for other enemies whilst healing and repairing allies.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:18:46 pm by kahn1234 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 23, 2013, 07:57:49 am »

Clicked on the wrong button. oops

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 23, 2013, 09:49:18 am »

(( Wow that was effective, ok so my groups shields are functioning again now armor is all repaired up and all 4 enemy jugs are down hopefully with the armor intact enough for later use. RP same again on the titans? Me and FD hammer one the other 2 Jugs hammer the other and I'll have my 2 normal dreads target the infantry? Those titans have got to be our priority. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:50 pm »

(Free advice: Mark needs backup. Titans don't give a shit about friendly fire and one can just grenade-dump as soon as he's committed to an attack.)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 24, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »

((Grenade dump??!? Also, yeah, backup would be nice. I hope Kyle can kill the stupid Commander though. I don't know how effective HAMMERTIME will be on a Titan in any case. Plus, you know, the whole part where if I get targeted mid-flight or something...Captain Hammer will get Hammered.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 24, 2013, 12:57:13 pm »

(( I'll focus everything on the titans, it probably can't kill them but I can certainly punch a few holes in that armor. Maybe I can weaken it enough for you to finish it off. Or at least to mess up it's aim a bit. ))

Focus the whole heavy groups shields into one area, form the heavies behind it and focus the shield against energy weapons.

The 2 standard dreads are to focus all fire on the traitor infantry to pin it down and prevent it engaging, use grenades if the enemy is in range. Myself and FD hit the titan on the left using every gun we have 1 after another starting with the strongest anti armor. The 2 Jugs are to do the same on the titan on the right.

Once Kyle jumps keep firing until he starts dropping then switch to suppressing the infantry.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:00:37 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 24, 2013, 01:24:53 pm »

(Grenade dump basically means arming and dropping all grenades you have. Boom.

It's synonymous with "dumping all ammo and primed grenades". In case you need a short, showy suicide, that's the ticket.)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 29, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »

(BUMP!)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 06, 2014, 05:00:01 pm »

[First off. Bump. Needed Bump. Hi.]

[Second off, I'm thinking I'll just try to cripple the Titans, get them to hit one another, smash joints and what not, leap off if they look like they're going to dump.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]