Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mobygames redesign  (Read 840 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Mobygames redesign
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:48:27 pm »

Unless you have been living under an internet rock since nearly 15 years, you know what is Mobygames, a fantastic and gigantic database of games of every years and from every systems with users contributing in articles and reviews making the huge thing truly great.

And since the beginning of this month, someone from the new owners decided it would be a good way to redesign what was a fast, easy to navigate and read, and responsive website.

The result was to me ... ugly, slower (especially the screenshots, can't believe how much slower it got there) and less easy to my eyes.
Opinion shared by many from what i have read on the boards, feedbacks filled with people rather angry at that frankly bad relaunch.

And that from the user point of view, as there were certainly more to this because from what was said, some of the people that actively contributed into building that great database and reviews just called it a quit , feeling really pushed away, that's really a bigger problem than what i felt from my simple user point of view, as those people have made so much to make the website more complete, it's a real shame.

I hope the current owners will consider reverting back to the previous design that simply worked great, easy and fast, but not being optimistic by nature, i doubt it will happen.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mobygames redesign
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:48:53 am »

Hadn't seen the new design before reading this post.

Now I have and it is horrible.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Mobygames redesign
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:00:17 am »

I haven't even heard about that site. Guess that means an internet rock was floating above me for last 15 years. Yikes.
._.