Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Homestuck D&D Out of Character Thread  (Read 27237 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck D&D (3.5 edition) Interest Check
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2013, 07:52:33 pm »

Wolfchild...you're place is guaranteed, because of one fact.  Would have been minor, but then I saw something about the aspects.  Under the aspect of space, I saw this line:

In addition, all of them are female.

Since Space is a required piece for a successful session, and yours is the only female character...you see where I am going with this?  Fortunately, your background works, but I wanted so much more freedom of choice with how to place your aspect, as well...

Oh yeah, someone gave me a real good dynamic that could develop, but it requires six players...and guess what?  There are six applications.

Here's what the classes you would have gained once you reached the top of the echeladder would have been, but...see above.  Now I'm going to have to fiddle around with stuff.

Jan Cantel - Bard of Heart
Timm Soldman - Seer of Space
James Von Kingsley - Knight of Mind
Terrance Blake - Heir of Time
Fuzz Alin - Mage of Blood
Mikaiah Mavern - Rouge of Rage

I won't have to rethink this list if Timm's player changes his gender to female...

Even if this situation didn't come up, I would still suggest that one, preferable two, of the male characters would be changed to female, due to one fact: because of the way the game works, the rest of humanity is dead.  No one left.  Except for your group.  And right now there is only one girl.  I'll let that fact sink in...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2013, 07:54:52 pm »

I suppose I can genderswap. Shield Maiden away!

And done. Yay for androgynous character concepts.

UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH JUSTICE
...I see what you did there.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:43:04 pm by Remuthra »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2013, 08:55:51 pm »

This balances gender percentile out a bit more, thank you.

You know what?  I'll just add [, so far] to that quote, and use that list I provided.  Everyone please fill out the remainder you can on your sheets...oh wait...Shit!  I just realized I used Rolepgeek's character biography to fill out the role for Terrance!

Here's what the list should be.

David Swerfling - Heir of Time

Sorry for the mix-up Rolep.

Baneling, while you weren't chosen as a player, doesn't mean there isn't a slot in the game for you.  You get to be one of the Trolls that are 'harassing' the players.  Just post a name, personality, pesterchum [actually Trollian for them, but you'll still be using pesterchum for messages] username, blood color, and a typing quirk to get the position.

I'm sorry for the mix-up...
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2013, 09:08:29 pm »

This balances gender percentile out a bit more, thank you.

You know what?  I'll just add [, so far] to that quote, and use that list I provided.  Everyone please fill out the remainder you can on your sheets...oh wait...Shit!  I just realized I used Rolepgeek's character biography to fill out the role for Terrance!

Here's what the list should be.

David Swerfling - Heir of Time

Sorry for the mix-up Rolep.

Baneling, while you weren't chosen as a player, doesn't mean there isn't a slot in the game for you.  You get to be one of the Trolls that are 'harassing' the players.  Just post a name, personality, pesterchum [actually Trollian for them, but you'll still be using pesterchum for messages] username, blood color, and a typing quirk to get the position.

I'm sorry for the mix-up...
No problem, honestly I like the new character better :P. You did forget to change the name, though.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2013, 09:13:16 pm »

PTW. Genuinely interested in how this will come out versus the old 4E version we worked on forever for nothing.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2013, 09:20:47 pm »

So Zan, how are you going to handle the classes/aspects that haven't gotten a whole lot of explanations in canon?
Like Knights, Mages, and Heroes of Blood?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »

So Zan, how are you going to handle the classes/aspects that haven't gotten a whole lot of explanations in canon?
Like Knights, Mages, and Heroes of Blood?

I'll burn those bridges when I get to them.  I have until level 20 (top of the echeladder) to worry about that.  Who knows?  Maybe Hussie would have given more exposition on those by then.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:41 pm »

Oh yeah, I never asked, what are the Projector and Lyrical Fetch Modi?  I'm guessing the latter has functionality similar to Dirk's Tech-Hop, but I would like a more detailed explanation.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2013, 10:24:35 pm »

You asked for trolls, so.

Fortuno Jeingu
partiallyMisfortunate
Gold blood
CAPITALIZES every WORD increasing space ONCE EVERY time except for SE7ENTHS (caps first word, then second word after, then third word after, then fourth... always capitalize multiples of 7 (14, 21, 28...) and start over counting after and replace Vs with 7.)
Focuses on numbers/numerology and fortune and luck and stuff. "The stars say..." and shit.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2013, 10:43:01 pm »

You asked for trolls, so.

Name: Fortuno Jeingu
'Trollian' Handle: partiallyMisfortunate
Blood/Hemotyping: Gold blood
Quirk: CAPITALIZES every WORD increasing space ONCE EVERY time except for SE7ENTHS (caps first word, then second word after, then third word after, then fourth... always capitalize multiples of 7 (14, 21, 28...) and start over counting after and replace Vs with 7.)
Personality: Focuses on numbers/numerology and fortune and luck and stuff. "The stars say..." and shit.

Thank you.  You have filled the first of 5 (6 if Baneling doesn't want to be a troll) slots available.

To Players:

Just so you know what your god tier looks like:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:15 pm »

I'd like to get in on the troll stuff if I can ever get Pesterchum to work. Just gimme a sec to try again to get that source code bumbling along.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2013, 12:34:03 am »

In addition, all of them are female.

There is no explicite in-comic confirmation of this though, other than with certain Classes(which is something I don't really like either); on the contrary, if it were to be true one had to assume all Time players were male(because Homestuck loves SYMMETRY) which is definitely not true.

Seer isn't exclusively female either, see Kankri.

So yeah, I could switch my character's gender I guess, and feel slightly uncomfortable doing so, but I don't see any reason for it but to pair players up, which is something that will hopefully be of secondary importance?

And sorry if I'm making problems here.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2013, 04:53:40 am »

I was actually considering that a homestuck game should have close to gender balance, which is why I made this one Mikaiah instead of Mikael otherwise she is pretty much a carbon coppy
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2013, 05:22:30 am »

Something I'd like to point out is that barring non-motivation to play the game properly, the gender ratios of the players are pretty much irrelevant.

It tends to be 50/50 despite that, though.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2013, 06:29:06 am »

Oh yeah, I never asked, what are the Projector and Lyrical Fetch Modi?  I'm guessing the latter has functionality similar to Dirk's Tech-Hop, but I would like a more detailed explanation.
Projector= slide projector style, things cycle, but can be rearragend by dropping all items and replacing them in a different order.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10