Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Homestuck D&D Out of Character Thread  (Read 27273 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck D&D (3.5 edition) Interest Check
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2013, 06:52:23 am »

Oh yeah, I never asked, what are the Projector and Lyrical Fetch Modi?  I'm guessing the latter has functionality similar to Dirk's Tech-Hop, but I would like a more detailed explanation.
Projector= slide projector style, things cycle, but can be rearragend by dropping all items and replacing them in a different order.
Windows Powerpoint for sylladex.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2013, 10:06:42 am »

In addition, all of them are female.

There is no explicite in-comic confirmation of this though,

Look two posts down at what I said there.  I already realized that.

Oh yeah, I never asked, what are the Projector and Lyrical Fetch Modi?  I'm guessing the latter has functionality similar to Dirk's Tech-Hop, but I would like a more detailed explanation.
Projector= slide projector style, things cycle, but can be rearragend by dropping all items and replacing them in a different order.
Windows Powerpoint for sylladex.

This is what I think he means.

Something I'd like to point out is that barring non-motivation to play the game properly, the gender ratios of the players are pretty much irrelevant.

It tends to be 50/50 despite that, though.

It was at 5 to 1, and no matter what you say, I was wanting a little bit closer to 3 to 3.  4 to 2 works out a bit better than 5 to 1.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2013, 10:12:04 am »

Lyrical is a bit complex. The items form song lyrics, as you might expect, the name of the item becoming the words. Multiple items form Lines, four of which make a Verse. Each Line in a Verse must have a number of syllables no more than two more or less than any other Line in that Verse. Each Line in a Verse must have the last word rhyme with at least one other Line's last word. If Lines rhyme across Verses, it becomes easier to use. In between Verses, the last Line of the previous Verse must be alliterative with the first Line of the next Verse. You can only access items in Lines, though they don't need to be in Verses, and the word remains there for thirty minutes after you take it out. You can also only access items that make up either the first or last word in a Line, unless it's the last Line in a Verse, in which case you can access any of them.

Also, you have to sing.

I could gender-switch if you want me to. Jacqueline works as well as David.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2013, 10:34:11 am »

Lyrical is a bit complex. The items form song lyrics, as you might expect, the name of the item becoming the words. Multiple items form Lines, four of which make a Verse. Each Line in a Verse must have a number of syllables no more than two more or less than any other Line in that Verse. Each Line in a Verse must have the last word rhyme with at least one other Line's last word. If Lines rhyme across Verses, it becomes easier to use. In between Verses, the last Line of the previous Verse must be alliterative with the first Line of the next Verse. You can only access items in Lines, though they don't need to be in Verses, and the word remains there for thirty minutes after you take it out. You can also only access items that make up either the first or last word in a Line, unless it's the last Line in a Verse, in which case you can access any of them.

Also, you have to sing.

Wow.  That is amazingly complex.  I approve.

I could gender-switch if you want me to. Jacqueline works as well as David.

Go ahead.  I'll just change your class over to Maid, since:

Quote from: Class Information
The heiress is the Maid.

Information about your class and aspect:
http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Class
http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Aspect
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2013, 10:48:53 am »

Now I feel less original, since apparently there's been a Maid of Time before.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2013, 10:56:47 am »

Just saw it.  How about Slyph?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

That works. I don't really know much about any of these anyway. Although I read that all the Sylphs and Witches came in late, so that may or may not be an issue.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2013, 11:27:39 am »

That works. I don't really know much about any of these anyway. Although I read that all the Sylphs and Witches came in late, so that may or may not be an issue.
"Time heals all wounds"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2013, 02:36:22 pm »

How many trolls do you need to start?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »

I'll put in a troll for this

Name: Ocelir Caeron
'Trollian' Handle: shakyMancer
Blood/Hemotyping: Olive blood
Quirk: capitalizeS thE lasT letteR oF everY worD
Personality: Ocelir is obsessed with magic and firmly believes that it exists, he is quite nervous and lacks self confidence.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2013, 02:59:06 pm »

Ah, great. Once again, I lost count of something. I'm sorry.  Damn you, numbers!

Speaking of numbers, I should I reroll? I like my somewhat homogene slightly above-average stats with no big weaknesses, but I worry that they may bar too many feats/spell levels/stuff.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »

How many trolls do you need to start?

Trolls can come in over time, honestly.  I'm just waiting for people to finish out their sheets.

Zergling: Diety, Level, Current XP (0), Next Level XP (1000), Size, Height, Weight, Eyes, Hair, Speed, Current HP, Non-lethal Damage (0), Armor Type (Clothing), (optional) 1 feat, (optional) dividing up background between the various boxes labeled Description/Personality/Character Traits/Character Flaws/Friends/Enemies.

Wolfchild: Alignment, Current XP (0), Next Level XP (1000), Diety, Speed, Total HP, Current HP, background, Non-lethal Damage (0), Armor Type (Clothing), (optional) 1 feat, (optional) dividing up background between the various boxes labeled Description/Personality/Character Traits/Character Flaws/Friends/Enemies.

Doomblade187: Alignment, Current XP (0), Next Level XP (1000), Diety, Level, Size, Weight, Eyes, Hair, Speed, Total HP, Current HP, background, Armor Type (Clothing), (optional) 1 feat, (optional) dividing up background between the various boxes labeled Description/Personality/Character Traits/Character Flaws/Friends/Enemies.

Liber Celi: Alignment, Current XP (0), Next Level XP (1000), Diety, Level, Size, Weight, Eyes, Hair, Speed, Non-lethal Damage (0),  background, Armor Type (Clothing), (optional) 1 feat, (optional) dividing up background between the various boxes labeled Description/Personality/Character Traits/Character Flaws/Friends/Enemies.

Remuthra: Non-lethal Damage (0), (optional) dividing up background between the various boxes labeled Description/Personality/Character Traits/Character Flaws/Friends/Enemies.

Rolepgeek: Current XP (0), Next Level XP (1000), Non-lethal Damage (0), Current HP, Armor Type (Clothing), (optional) character image, (optional) 1 feat, (optional) dividing up background between the various boxes labeled Description/Personality/Character Traits/Character Flaws/Friends/Enemies.

Ah, great. Once again, I lost count of something. I'm sorry.  Damn you, numbers!

Speaking of numbers, I should I reroll? I like my somewhat homogene slightly above-average stats with no big weaknesses, but I worry that they may bar too many feats/spell levels/stuff.

You don't have to reroll if you do not want to.  Just fill out what is missing from the list above.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2013, 03:09:20 pm »

I'll put in a troll for this

Name: Ocelir Caeron
'Trollian' Handle: shakyMancer
Blood/Hemotyping: Olive blood
Quirk: capitalizeS thE lasT letteR oF everY worD
Personality: Ocelir is obsessed with magic and firmly believes that it exists, he is quite nervous and lacks self confidence.

Welcome to the game in the second of the five open slots.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2013, 03:10:26 pm »

The Nonlethal damage is blank because there is zero nonlethal damage as of yet :P.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2013, 03:11:31 pm »

What die rolls? for hp
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10