Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lowering wisdom?  (Read 18035 times)

Mood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lowering wisdom?
« on: September 19, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »

I've been using high-persuasion/high-music squads to convert and recruit Agents for a combat squad I'd like to build. This results in extremely high heart for the agents, but their wisdom is usually only a few points lower. Is it possible to somehow get them to shed this conservative fallacy and embrace liberal sanity and justice?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lowering wisdom?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »

Only I know of to get rid of Wisdom is to beat it out of people in a Re-Education.  Sorry.  :-(

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 06:58:42 pm »

Yes, the only technique for lowering Wisdom (at least currently) is to interrogate someone and beat it out of them using violence. Instead of playing Music to raise the Heart of the Agents and turn them Liberal (which doesn't reduce their Wisdom at all), you could ask them out on dates, then kidnap and interrogate them, and beat the Wisdom out of them. Of course I have usually found that people I successfully interrogate usually end up with quite low Heart, much lower than if I converted them to the Liberal Cause by playing a Guitar at them. Plus they still have some Wisdom, too, usually.

Anyway, what you are currently doing, turning them Liberal by playing your Guitar, is a very good technique and results in them having higher stats than if you interrogated them. This allows their skills (specifically Art and Music) to reach higher levels. Yes, they may have higher Wisdom than if you interrogated them, but they have higher Heart too, and so that particular trade-off is worth it. Just avoid having them do anything to increase their Wisdom even higher and you should be fine. Their Wisdom probably won't be a problem if they're a combat squad, unless you encounter Conservatives that use special argument-based attacks, such as Radio Personalities, Cable News Anchors, Hangin' Judges, Police Negotiators, etc. But if you have good enough weapons (read: guns) and high enough weapons skills, you should be able to kill anyone who uses a special argument-based attack before they can give you even more Wisdom. My weapon of choice for combat squads is, of course, the AA-12 Auto Shotgun. And the armor for them? Heavy Body Armor, of course.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:00:56 pm »

What if you beat them until their Heart and Wisdom both dropped to 1 and then played music to bring just their Heart back up?  Assuming that one is taking plenty of time for conversion and isn't worried about the authorities being aware of the kidnapping.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 09:23:48 pm »

I don't think you can play guitar at people you're Re-Educating.  Having someone with good Psychology, Charisma, and probably Seduction (offsets previous negative things such as beatings) talk with the Student will raise Heart if successful.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 06:12:01 am »

You could probably guitar them, then when they start feeling doubts, kidnap them and enlighten them with a higher starting HRT.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 02:43:49 pm »

As an alternative, one I rather like, just go and get them shot in the face, and hope they survive, I think I read somewhere that, that will reduce wisdom and intelligence.

"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 03:35:54 pm »

sounds about right also sigged
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 02:13:16 pm »

Hello,

I've also problems with my Charm squad (Prostitutes secuding peoples to make them sleepers) raking Wisdom 3-4 points lower than their Heart after attempting to seduce several Police Officers.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 02:20:40 pm »

'Tis best to kidnap the Police Officers at gunpoint once you are out on a date with them. If you manage to get them back to the safehouse without them arresting you or escaping, well then they aren't THAT tough to interrogate. Then you can just BEAT the Conservatism out of them, and then talk to them after their Wisdom is low enough for them to listen to Liberal Reason, and soon you'll have Police Officer Sleepers without running the risk of raising your Wisdom.

I basically just use Seduction to trick Conservatives into going out on dates so I can kidnap and interrogate them. I never actually do the whole dating thing. And to get Liberals to join, I always use Persuasion and talking about the issues. That's just my particular playing style. It's worked well over multiple different versions of the game, so it's a pretty good strategy, at least for me.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 03:32:40 pm »

'Tis best to kidnap the Police Officers at gunpoint once you are out on a date with them. If you manage to get them back to the safehouse without them arresting you or escaping, well then they aren't THAT tough to interrogate. Then you can just BEAT the Conservatism out of them, and then talk to them after their Wisdom is low enough for them to listen to Liberal Reason, and soon you'll have Police Officer Sleepers without running the risk of raising your Wisdom.

I basically just use Seduction to trick Conservatives into going out on dates so I can kidnap and interrogate them. I never actually do the whole dating thing. And to get Liberals to join, I always use Persuasion and talking about the issues. That's just my particular playing style. It's worked well over multiple different versions of the game, so it's a pretty good strategy, at least for me.

So, better to just datenap Conservatives and seducie important Liberals? The only problem is that
  • they can't expend their network (not really an issue);
  • in the beginning of a game, a player hasn't always the needed infrastructure (Front Businesses, skills and al.) to safely (ie. without the kidnapping being discovered before the Enlightenment or the captive escaping/kiling himself) hold hostages.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 04:21:34 pm »

Training psychology and having a large amount of people to beat the crap out of someone usually works well enough.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 04:30:04 pm »

Y'know I've never actually tried having more than one person interrogate at a time...I should do this

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 04:38:44 pm »

It works amazingly well. Have your Liberals beat the living crap out of the automaton, then let in the trump card. The Most Interesting Man on Earth walks in, and enters the hellhole of the life of the automaton. The beacons of light enlighten the Automaton in an instant of the Liberal truth.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 05:20:51 pm »

It works amazingly well. Have your Liberals beat the living crap out of the automaton, then let in the trump card. The Most Interesting Man on Earth walks in, and enters the hellhole of the life of the automaton. The beacons of light enlighten the Automaton in an instant of the Liberal truth.

This is the method I use when the LCS is more avanced ie. money and several members and sleepers: I just create a squad who beat up and drug the automaton and, then, I bring a high Psychology Liberal to convert him.
The failures (ie. discovery of the kidnapping) get usually integrated in the squad.

Or I can just beat up the failures and then dump the corpses.
Pages: [1] 2