Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More goblinoids?  (Read 1284 times)

ElderDays

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
More goblinoids?
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:29:56 am »

I did a search but couldn't find anything that addressed this question specifically. Are there any mods that expand the goblin civ to include their hobgoblin and bugbear cousins? If not it would be something fun to see in the future :)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More goblinoids?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:28:48 am »

Civilizations can only ever consist of one specific creature. The closest you could do is make both genders of hobgoblin sub-castes to the goblins.

Of course, this would mean that goblins and hobgoblins would be able to interbreed and the offspring would randomly be either, but what can you do.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:31:41 am »

My old Genesis had goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears as castes. I think you can still pull out the code and get it to work in your world.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 12:21:22 pm »

Another option would be to create those 3 as different creatures and add them to the "goblinoid" entity. What would happen is that any civilization of that entity could end as a goblin, hobgoblin or bugbear civ.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 05:11:29 am »

Another option would be to create those 3 as different creatures and add them to the "goblinoid" entity. What would happen is that any civilization of that entity could end as a goblin, hobgoblin or bugbear civ.
That does sound oddly familiar. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 07:45:02 pm »

That does sound oddly familiar. :P
I don't know what you are talking about.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ElderDays

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 08:07:04 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions. Both options sound pretty good but I think I'll try making them castes to start off. I'm think goblinoid populations should be about 70% goblin 20% hobgoblin and 10% bugbear. By the way could you post a link for the original genesis mod?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 08:10:41 pm »

It should be somewhere in the back of the mod releases sub-forum.

Here. I think. It looks like the goblins are split between goblins and barghests.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:12:46 pm by BlackFlyme »