Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Odd job generation behavior?  (Read 3761 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Odd job generation behavior?
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »

I noticed this while testing out a good way and spot for the metal bars quantum stockpile, both with the quantum stockpiling itself and the dumping that I'm doing to just get the rest of my 3k+ metal bars into the QS. It works fine for a while, but then after some time (a couple days?) it just stops doing those jobs and then after a few days it resumes as normal.

Has anybody else seen this behavior before? It's not that other jobs are taking priority, there actually aren't any other jobs which results in the large group of haulers doing the dumping or whatever suddendly going idle for a few days. Seems kind of erratic behavior to me or is it that the job list is getting overloaded or like what?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:59:21 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd job generation behavior?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:51:54 am »

Anybody? Maybe it's normal behavior, I dunno.... I'm just asking here.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Odd job generation behavior?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:55:10 am »

For dumping involving the purple D I have noticed that to designate an item to be dumped means, get around to after you're done screwing around with everything else including no job.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)