Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: B12 Pathfinder interest check  (Read 63732 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
B12 Pathfinder interest check
« on: September 20, 2013, 08:59:57 pm »

To make organization easier, please join the steam group Bay12Games Tabletop Group.

The first campaign will begin with Shooer as our DM on Sunday (9/22) at 3pm EST (8pm GMT).

The second campaign will be hosted by Neonivek. Date and time TBD.

Rules:
- Starting at level 1
- Roll for stat creation - ie: roll 4d6, drop the lowest. Do that 5 times. This is your "stat pool". Add a "16" to this as well. Assign each number to whichever stat you want. Honor system.
- 2 trait points.
- All core or base classes EXCEPT gunslinger. Archetypes included.
- Any core race.
- No evil alignments, try to avoid lawful / chaotic split in group

From the DM:
Ok for character creation we're starting at level 1, with 2 trait points.  I'm adding traits because it allows a little more customization with your character.  They provide things like +1 to hit with a small list of weapons, small bonus to skill checks and such, though most of them only provide situational bonuses.  You can find the list of them here.  No campaign ones, and stick with Paizo source traits only.  If you need any help with figuring them out just ask me, I have the book where they were introduced.

You can take any core or base class minus gunslinger (the world may have black powder but no ones started making weapons with it).  Also I suggest people take a loot at archetypes for the classes.  These change the focus of the class by replacing regular class features with a different one to fit a new theme, like a rogue that instead of having the early trap detecting abilities instead gains poison handling as a class feature.

Any of the core races are ok, and you can take any one of the alternate traits.  Let's avoid Evil alignments in this game, and try and avoid to much a of a possible Lawful-Chaotic split.

All in all stick to basic Paizo stuff, for now.  Also let's stick with a more serious note with characters and stuff.

I'll have a map and general description for the continent we'll be starting on soon-ish.  I'm currently free to play just about any time.  Though looking into the future Friday-Sunday is probably best.  I'm willing to play late, or early.  I live on Pacific time (-8).

Pathfinder rules and resources:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Virtual Tabletop (free):
roll20.net

Character creation tool:
http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php

B12 interest (Roll20 names in bold)
Tobel (Tobel)
Fniff (interested)
Remuthra
UristMcDwarf (Chris S)
Shooer (DM)
Robosaur
Girlinhat
Defiatos
Frumple
Hexedmagica
Gamerlord
Andrea
Rumpel
Yoink
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:53:49 pm by Tobel »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: B12 Pathfinder interest check
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:07:15 pm »

I'm looking for a new RP group, but don't have any experience playing Pathfinder. As long as I can ask questions about the rules I'd be interested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:42 pm »

I am planning to run a game soon as a DM, but I am rather inexperienced and green.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:29:12 pm »

I'm pretty much always up for some D&D. I have plenty of experience with 3.5, but none with Pathfinder, however.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 09:30:08 pm »

I'm pretty much always up for some D&D. I have plenty of experience with 3.5, but none with Pathfinder, however.

Honestly, the transition isn't that big... I think there were more changes 3.0 to 3.5

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 09:31:33 pm »

Honestly, the transition isn't that big... I think there were more changes 3.0 to 3.5
Yeah, that's what I've seen.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:36 pm »

I wasn't too heavily involved in 3.5, but from the rules I've read it seems fairly straight forward.

Here is a list of the changes:

http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/1/differences-between-dd-3-5-and-pathfinder

I'd be up for Pathfinder if everyone else is. We can also run the pathfinder rule set in the forgotten realms universe if folks would rather do that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:56:13 pm by Tobel »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 09:57:12 pm »

Honestly, I prefer 3.5 only because I have the books. If we use Pathfinder I have to find somewhere to get the core rules.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 10:00:38 pm »

Honestly, I prefer 3.5 only because I have the books. If we use Pathfinder I have to find somewhere to get the core rules.

I use http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ and it has everything imaginable.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:43 pm »

Ah, nice. Now to think about class...

I wonder if I could find a way to build the D&D equivalent of artillery?

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 10:10:24 pm »

I can try, and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to, but all I know is 3.5.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 10:11:33 pm »

I could DM if we had a decent program to use that every one agreed upon.  I have like a few campaign ideas I could do, all in various states (some partially used and some that have never seen the light of day).

I have plenty of experience DMing, the D20 system.  Just none online.

Edit: I've played and DMed 3.0, D20 (some call 3.25 or the test bed for 3.5), 3.5 and pathfinder.  I can also find a few PDFs that some people could barrow.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 10:12:41 pm »

Well Shooer, given I am not ready right now (as I want to set up things) going with someone who isn't me would be suggested :D

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 10:16:18 pm »

Ok! I just saw this link and YES YES! I -WILL- PLAY.
Roll20 is really good for online tabletop, btw.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 10:18:10 pm »

Could I set up a crossbow too large for my proper use on a stand and use it that way?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52