Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plugin to show active DFHack keybindings in-game  (Read 7420 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plugin to show active DFHack keybindings in-game
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:07:13 am »

Download
Link contains download archive with all my plugins.
Only works on the latest DFHack r3 (see the dfhack thread). Follow the instructions in the included readme for installation. The relevant file for just this plugin is hotkeys.plug.*

I've added a plugin that let's you bring up an in-game screen listing all your DFHack keybindings that are active in the current view mode. Just add a keybinding for this plugin into your dfhack.init and that should be the only one you need to remember:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Ctrl-F1 hotkeys

You can either select the operation you want from this list and press Enter, or press the relevant hotkey and it will be performed on whatever screen you just invoked this from. By default, when an item is selected in the list, the description from the relevant plugin (if it has one) will be displayed on the right hand side. If you hit "u" to enable 'Usage", then the entire help from that plugin will be displayed there.

You can invoke this screen from anywhere, not just the default mode. It will only show you bindings that are relevant to the current mode. For example, when invoked from a workshop menu:

Some plugins have a function that declares what screen modes they are valid in, which this plugin will read, to filter the display appropriately. For those that don't, you should make sure to add an appropriate context guard to the keybinding when you add it to dfhack.init, to narrow its scope. You can see the current view context along the bottom of this plugin's display (you can also get this in the dfhack console by typing "keybinding" and looking at the end of the listing).
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Plugin to show active DFHack keybindings in-game
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:05:14 am »

I love you :)

I suggested this a couple of times somewhere, thanks for taking that up. I'll include it asap in my mod.

Future suggesion: Search engine for dwarf names in the workshop profile menu. :) (Just got that one on reddit thrown at me, so I'll redirect it to you)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:13:38 pm »

Unless I'm missing something this plugin is absent in the latest repo for .40.x. Is the source available so we can at least build it ourselves? I find this hotkey plugin very useful and very much miss it in the latest version.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 01:28:28 pm »

Unless I'm missing something this plugin is absent in the latest repo for .40.x. Is the source available so we can at least build it ourselves? I find this hotkey plugin very useful and very much miss it in the latest version.

dfhack r3 is .34

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:37:24 pm »

Yeah I know but all the other plugins have been updated to work with .40.x, so I'm left wondering what could prevent one from updating this one specifically.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »

Yeah I know but all the other plugins have been updated to work with .40.x, so I'm left wondering what could prevent one from updating this one specifically.
I just built it to work with the .40.12 release I have (it's actually r0, but I had to build as r1 for compatibility with TwbT):

https://github.com/Falconne/dfhack/blob/f7640811990f5d8c0638fff960fa977019d161ed/plugins/hotkeys.cpp is where I got the source.

dll: http://1drv.ms/1D82Y99