Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Blackwake: Dead Marque  (Read 17295 times)

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blackwake: Dead Marque
« on: September 21, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »

I copied and pasted this from their development thread on the unity forums, I'm trying to help spread the word because this just seems awesome:

BlackWake: Dead Marque is a multiplayer naval warfare game with team focused elements. It features destructible naval ships, first person combat, boarding, ship sailing and potentially up to 100+ players (our goal is 300) per match.

BlackWake: Dead Marque hopes to envision a fun, tactical and realistic naval warfare experience. The British, French, Spanish and even the pirates (privateers) fight it out in dominance in this frantic era of the late 18th century. The ships rock and sway in vary weathered conditions from crashing stormy seas to the dead silence in the fog of war. Intense broadside ship battles take place while pirates raid and loot helpless vessels in the Caribbean. Ship boarding is rampant while cutlasses clash and muskets and pistols billow with smoke. Is your ship and crew ready to fight and die for your king and country? Or are they ready to prey on the helpless for their own greed?

We hope to achieve a variety of different and fun game play experiences with a number of brainstormed ideas including:

- Team orientated sailing (Currently working)
- Intense melee and weapon combat (Melee on its way, weapons working)
- Possibly Land/Sea simultaneous battles
- Goal of up to 300 Players per match (Currently handles 120 at a reasonable bandwidth)
- Objective based game modes
- Dedicated/Private servers

youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5e2v_7oD2iXYoH9nIvbuw
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blackwake-Dead-Marque/1412514475656873
twitter: https://twitter.com/blackwakedm

Steam greenlight concept: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=215596418

These will all be updated with any information (especially asking for people to participate in testing)

Media as of now:

NEW VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QN8Hqw5w8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQqFdtcDLi8
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:17:07 pm by asyo4 »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwake: Dead Marque
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »

Man, this looks pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know about it. I will definitely play it once it resembles an actual game; for now I'll be watching.

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 04:59:32 pm »

Man, this looks pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know about it. I will definitely play it once it resembles an actual game; for now I'll be watching.
No problem mate! Come register on the forums and stay awhile  :D We have a pretty small community now and welcome new fans with open arms.

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »

Shameless bump :|

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 09:52:52 pm »

Shameless bump :|

you wont earn a lot of goodwill around here with that sort of posting. Just letting you know.
I got nothing

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 12:14:56 am »

This actually looks like a game I'd really like. I just made an account on their forum so I can talk on that one instead of here.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 12:30:32 am »

So, does this work sort of like Guns of Icarus? Of course, GoI works like regular naval combat games, but the only really successful one of those I can think of was a Half Life mod.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:58:51 am »

So, does this work sort of like Guns of Icarus? Of course, GoI works like regular naval combat games, but the only really successful one of those I can think of was a Half Life mod.
It's sort of the impression I got after reading through the forums, only they don't want a class system, instead picking and choosing what equipment you get.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 02:21:52 pm »

It's sort of the impression I got after reading through the forums, only they don't want a class system, instead picking and choosing what equipment you get.
Except the ships are fully destructible.

Yeah pretty much, but better<3
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:43:41 pm by asyo4 »

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 08:41:51 am »

Got some new screenshots!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 08:55:06 am »

This reminds me of the good old Sea Dogs in a way.
Gonna look forward to this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 08:58:42 am »

I remember a roblox world like this... It was pretty fun. I'll certainly be watching this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 09:37:41 am »

I remember a roblox world like this... It was pretty fun. I'll certainly be watching this.

I remember a roblox world like this...

roblox world

ROBLOX

UGH!
Don't you dare bringing this game up ever again!
It's like 4chan and 9gag was made into a game. (it's also counter-intuitive since it's meant to be a game for children and yet there are Lua scripts)

And the hate, chaos and profanity going on there makes us Bay12ers look like aristocracy. (because it's partially true)

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 08:27:24 am »

Still got some new screenies for yall

They are the default Unity weather because we don't have the funds to buy anything else  :'(

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 09:02:27 am »

Doesn't matter, because this looks glorious regardless.
:D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5