Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Blackwake: Dead Marque  (Read 17294 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwake: Dead Marque: NOW ON KICKSTARTER!
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2014, 02:28:14 am »

AFAIK WoW had players moving around a object with a set path (ie, the blimps). Games seem to have had no problem with that for years. When you have a different player controlling the platform a player is moving on is when it seems to cause trouble.

If the hold up on Alpha testing is servers, I say get the game in people's hands now. Someone will set up a server and let people play on it. Or better yet, have set days where players can log into your server and test.
The game isn't very user-friendly currently. We only expected the server end of things to be for our eyes during the Kickstarter, we're working to fix this.

Due to your comments I'm actually excited to get you in game and show you how well the movement works :P

Hehe, I am glad you aren't taking the comments offensively. I REALLY want the game to be good, I am just trying to give an outside perspective of the game and why I am cautious towards it.

I would really push you guys towards hosting an open event. Get the game hosted somewhere for an afternoon and give people the client. Call it a stress test.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:25:19 pm by Fikes »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2014, 07:27:28 pm »

So BW-Dev sent me a link to a live stream...

The game looks really good. My fears about the jumpy/jittery movement on other ships have been addressed same with my fears on not having much to do. It looked fun.

I still think they should host a beta event of some sort and get more players into the game.

BW-Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2014, 11:59:07 pm »

I still think they should host a beta event of some sort and get more players into the game.
The game really is not in a state where this is doable easily, especially because we can only ever have one server up at a time with a max of ~40 players (based on ship size, not net limits)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:32:39 am by BW-Dev »

BW-Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2014, 07:20:38 pm »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2014, 01:29:55 pm »

AFAIK WoW had players moving around a object with a set path (ie, the blimps). Games seem to have had no problem with that for years. When you have a different player controlling the platform a player is moving on is when it seems to cause trouble.

If the hold up on Alpha testing is servers, I say get the game in people's hands now. Someone will set up a server and let people play on it. Or better yet, have set days where players can log into your server and test.
The game isn't very user-friendly currently. We only expected the server end of things to be for our eyes during the Kickstarter, we're working to fix this.

Due to your comments I'm actually excited to get you in game and show you how well the movement works :P

If I'm reading Fikes comments correctly, I don't see how it's a technincal issue. Players moving on a moving platform controlled by another player has been done for. Heck, that's pretty much all of AirBuccaneers gameplay right there. Shores of Hazeron, despite its other faults, did this on an interplanetary scale.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BW-Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2014, 03:24:05 am »

If I'm reading Fikes comments correctly, I don't see how it's a technincal issue. Players moving on a moving platform controlled by another player has been done for. Heck, that's pretty much all of AirBuccaneers gameplay right there. Shores of Hazeron, despite its other faults, did this on an interplanetary scale.
Exactly what I said, I just referenced different games.

BW-Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwake: Dead Marque
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2015, 06:44:32 pm »

Blackwake has a new Kickstarter!

Kickstarter trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kQ5-7snE4

Kickstarter link: http://kck.st/1Do9P1y

asyo4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2015, 02:13:03 pm »

Less than 48 hours to check out the Blackwake kickstarter and get access to the alpha and beta versions!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2000479544/blackwake-reboot

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:30 pm »

Wow. Congrats on demolishing your goal.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2020, 08:01:03 pm »

Pulling a four-and-a-half years necro to point out this has left Early Access.

Despite having it in my library since 2018, never really played it. Curse you, social anxiety!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]