Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newbie question about the latest version of Dwarf Therapist: Optimizer  (Read 3057 times)

Pinstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I downloaded the most recent version DT and the updated manual as well. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the optimizer. It looks REALLY useful, but I'm fighting to get it to do what I have in mind.

I want to have it where my 7 starting dwarves are assigned labors from a pool of 14 non-hauling jobs according to what jobs best fit their personality, with a max of 3 jobs per dwarf. The dwarves who have 3/3 of their jobs assigned should have all hauling turned off, while dwarves who are less than that need to haul as well.

I thought this would work by putting max jobs per dwarf to be 3, loading up 14 jobs (with mining having a ratio of x2 so I get two miners) and having haulers assigned to dwarves who have less than 67% jobs (So anyone who isn't 3/3 on their max).

Unfortunately, this seems to cause the system to decide that none of my dwarves should be assigned jobs. or if I tinker with the settings, maybe assign ONE miner and 0 of everything else.

What am I doing wrong?

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie question about the latest version of Dwarf Therapist: Optimizer
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:41:54 am »

Most likely you need to select all the dwarfs first.