Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Just saying. FBS and Titans. Tame.  (Read 3924 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Just saying. FBS and Titans. Tame.
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:32:33 pm »

I can spawn tame Forgotten Beasts and Titans. Not custom ones, but procedually generated, the real thing. Cant believe I didnt think about this earlier.

How about that? Changeling + Warpstone = Random Forgotten Beast pet. Will be different on every world you gen.

How about this? Sacrifice a dwarf at the temple = Release a random Titan. Again, will be different on every world you gen.

I can also do demons, but the ones that are generated with a intelligent tag become tame-civ members. Way less useful. So a "Golden Yellow Devil" will be a civ-member, but a "Chameleon Monster" is a tame pet. I dont know if I can really do something with the demons, because of that issue. They are great for the butchery though... 7 hearts and 420 meat on a single demon. And all of them can still be pastured, even the civ-member demons.

The one thing I dont know is this: If they are pets... and not war-trained... will they run away from combat and act like any normal domestic pet?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
Re: Just saying. FBS and Titans. Tame.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:00:22 pm »

If you add 'likes fighting' in the FB base raw template (If there is such a thing), then they wouldn't run.

EDIT: Wouldn't that also add them to the embark screen? Or is it Domestic tags that do that?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:09:24 pm by Linkeron »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 05:33:07 pm »

I cant add tags to them... and they dont appear on the embark/trade screen, no worries. Maybe I can spawn them and instantly spawn a boiling rock that affects them with CE_ADD_TAG:LIKES_FIGHTING.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 06:05:45 pm »

All that meat.... :o

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »

All that meat.... :o

Im mor interested in using the unkillable ones as hit sponges so that everything can be turned into a pincushion.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 06:52:06 pm »

Mep, I really interested in have some awesome livestock that create ton load of meat with less animals, I guess megabeast could be the answer to my pleas. Like Elephants (not mega but nearly as one, never see one before or a sperm whale).

Anyways, I want toooons of meat :o

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

I for one like the idea of adding tamed demons and FBs/titans using changelings and warpstone or sacrifices to Armok to spawn them. :D

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:34:59 am »

Remember guys... a masterwork prepared meat is more valuable than adamantine. I want my *legendary megabeast burrito*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 05:17:22 am »

Beware its deadly spittle...

Your FB farm might as well end your fort. :P But I think I will add this to the warpstone lab, and replace the "Guardian of Armok", MAYBE, with a random Titan. But just like it was mentioned in the other thread, it might be made of weird materials, like "announcement" or similar dfhack related stuff.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 08:16:03 am »

Beware its deadly spittle...

More like before of its deadly dust.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 10:17:28 am »

*cries quietly at the evil Meph has wrought this time*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 10:38:54 am »

They are tame. Dont say NO to the poor forgotten beasts, wandering the world alone...

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:07 am »

I think it's a cool idea. Especially at the Warpstone Lab; summoning a forgotten beast is the kind of thing that you should only do if you are desperate, crazy, or stupid. Somehow I feel that matches the Warpstone Lab's aesthetic :P It could probably use some testing, though.

Isn't the problem with the boiling rock that adds likes-fighting that it would give the dwarf who did the reaction likes-fighting as well? I suppose if the poor bastard gets sacrificed to the beastie, it neatly solves that problem, though.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 11:53:35 am »

I can only make it target forgotten beasts. btw, likes-fighting doesnt make it hostile. It just means that it gets positive thoughts from fighting, thats all. Its still a pet, not trained for combat, and wont attack anything, except in self defense.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 03:38:11 pm »

Having pet FBs sound fun but if they aren't able to attack enemies except out of self defense it kind of diminishes the yay factor. On the other hand with the interaction thing who knows maybe someone will figure out how to add war training to them.
Pages: [1] 2 3